Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

Frank West returns to Willamette during the Holiday season in the fourth installment of the Dead Rising series.

Who else is getting this first day?

• 95 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who else is getting this first day? (292 votes)

Yep, I am. I can't wait! 12%
    No, but I think I'm going to get it at some point. 43%
    Not me, nor do I think I'll pick it up at a later date. 46%

I'm personally really excited for it. What they're doing with the game speaks to me, the changes that they're making, and the things you're supposedly trying to do better at. Dead Rising's downside for me is the strict time limit, it is an otherwise great experience to me, because I love their settings, and feel the story and cutscenes are adequate enough to keep me interested in that respect. The time restriction has always gone against what I love about the games, and it's that reason three was my favorite of them so far, because it was so lax. Something four is taking away though, at least from what it looks like, is the psycho's personality (or in case of four, the maniac), which was always a highlight to me. They may not be the funnest bosses in the world, but they have an extreme personality that's a joy to watch to me.

The thing that has me most excited is the new mall environment, and just how without the strict time, I'll get to explore it at my leisure, and see the story and all content through without worrying about starting the game over. What I've seen of character dialogue is actually really additive to the humor, though I can see some cringing at it and hating the characters for it. Dead Rising to me in terms of dialogue and story has been a mixture of seriousness, and not serious at all, and this seems to raise the bar. It's also awkward to say, but a good Christmas game that has zombies? Who else is excited for it? Do the changes to four turn you off, or do they excite you and bring you in?

---

Off topic: I would make another one of these threads about The Last Guardian, which comes out the same day and I plan on getting as well, but I'll save it for here to talk about it a little bit, and perhaps for you guys to discuss as well (though not for use with the poll). I will just say that I'm somewhat excited for it, and hope it's good. I think Ico has a great art direction, and the minimal sound design is pretty good as well, but not for thinking it was archaic feeling, since I didn't, I still didn't enjoy it that much. On the other hand, Shadow of the Colossus, I loved that game, but I could only get through it once all the way through, and tried perhaps five times since its release to get through it again, but couldn't muster motivation to keep going, so I've only ever gotten half way through a few times. My least favorite part about that game was the final boss. I got the PS3 collection, which is where I first and finally played Ico, and yet I didn't get through Colossus again. I hope I enjoy The Last Guardian more than Ico at least.

So, another off topic thing I wanted to say is that with the past several years of Christmas, being an adult and having a job has kind of made it so presents were no longer that big a thing, but this year, that kind of changed. I bought gifts for family, and it took nearly all my money unfortunately, with the included bonus of me buying myself a new sound system. I'm getting a new entertainment center as well, with speaker stands for the new sound system speakers, but I still have to find myself a nice love seat-like chair to finish the set up. It gets me excited, because I can't wait to play games, new and old with the new set up. Presents aren't everything, but by receiving and buying presents for people really feels like old time Christmas celebrating, with my soon to come new set up, with the added benefit of relaxing and just being happy to play good games in an ideal way (at least, ideal to me).

Okay, happy holidays! Take care.

• 
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's fucking great. Just nice as fuck.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Definitely getting it in the morning. Dead Rising has been my favorite series since the first one. I've bought every one of them on day one (it's the reason I got an Xbox One at launch after their disastrous announcement). It's literally a system seller for me.

That being said, I've never been so reticent about picking one up. I know that most folks will likely prefer the new direction the series is taking, and once I play it I'll probably get on board. But I am really afraid that took away everything that made Dead Rising what it was. I think the first one is pretty perfect. Tough? Yes. But mastering the mall, learning the layout and how to save each survivor and beat each psychopath efficiently was a joy. And once I finally did get all the possible survivors and take down all the psychopaths in one play it felt great to have truly beaten a tough game.

One has to wonder why they couldn't do a regular mode and a nightmare mode like they did with three. That way those of us who liked the series and kept it alive all these years wouldn't have to feel so passed by. But, despite all this whinging, I do intend to give it an honest chance and truly do hope that it is a great game. I know it probably sounds like I'm down on this game before I even play it, but Frank West and Dead Rising are my favorites. Concern is not hate, and either way I'm buying and planning to play it. I just hope I want to play this one over and over like I did all the others.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

The PC version is now in the windows 10 store but there is no retail release and I've only found 1 non-reseller that sells a download code. I just find that weird. I might end up with the console version since GAME didn't get any PC version, not even a download code. They said I could buy Windows store credit though.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally forgot this was a thing. I always like more the idea of the series, and hearing about funny moments, than actually playing it myself.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I still need to finish Dead Rising 3. I got most the way through it sometime in the last year, but my Pc's motherboard stopped working right, and it was a while before I figured I needed to replace it. Never went back and wrapped it up, but now seems like the right time with this coming out.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, the changes made to this game over time have made me much less interested in it. Co-op Dead Rising 2 was the peak of the series for me. Mindlessly slaughtering zombies is for me, the least interesting part of these games. But I don't enjoy any game where I mindlessly do anything so I guess that makes sense :)

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I bought this game. I'm a little bummed about some of the changes they made to this game. No timer is kinda off, but I'm fine with it. Losing the psychopaths is the big thing for me, I'm super bummed about that. The reason I'm getting it is honestly the setting. I'm a complete sucker for Christmas themed games, and there are sadly a severe lack of those out there. Dead Rising 3 is one of those and that's enough for me to use that as my run-up to Christmas game. Do I think it'll be great, I hope so, but with all the streamlining I have my doubts, but again. That theme is more than enough for me to give it a shot.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I bought it on Xbox One today and got this nice snow globe for free.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to wait for the Steam version also it has to have win7 support or it's dead to me.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never pre-order. It is stupid to do that on so many levels, that it is mind-boggling to think that people actually do that. But I guess a fool and his money are soon parted.

That said, this really is not a Dead Rising game. They literally have taken everything that made Dead Rising actually good and replaced those things with stuff that other games do better. Seeing the developer interviews really hammer the point how they misunderstand what DR fans liked about the original game(s).

You're parroting what the GB Duders say, but they don't know what it's like to be a video game consumer anymore. Pre-ordering is ONLY logical these days - you can wait to pick it up until reviews hit, and cancel and get your money back. You often save 10+% at times for doing so, or get an in game bonus, and never miss a copy because they sell out (which is rare, but why not guarantee it?).

From the consumer's perspective, as well as the publishers, it only makes complete sense to pre-order. It helps the publisher and their next shareholder meeting (or whatever dumb reason they need pre-order numbers), and it helps consumers by giving them discounts and free bonuses with ZERO risk.

Honestly, if you disagree, I'd like to hear why pre-ordering is so bad - the GB duders say it all the time, and the concept as a whole was DEFINITELY bad at the beginning, but it works now... and they make no good argument why an individual consumer would not pre-order except that it's bad for society as a whole or something. It definitely sucked back in the days where you'd miss out on something really significant if you didn't pre-order, but that rarely if ever happens today and people worried about that are trained to pre-order anyway just in case.

Aside from the light hassle, I really cannot see one single downside to pre-ordering for the consumer given how it currently works since there's zero risk for them, they can always cancel/refund/return - and they get money off, a bonus, and a guaranteed copy!

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PC version is now in the windows 10 store but there is no retail release and I've only found 1 non-reseller that sells a download code. I just find that weird. I might end up with the console version since GAME didn't get any PC version, not even a download code. They said I could buy Windows store credit though.

That is becoming more and more common - MS Store is just copying Steam on that front - give a game to MS/Win10 exclusively first, so the people desperate to play ASAP will overlook the (perceived) issues with the Windows Store games in general (which have mostly been fixed anyway). More and more games, whether on Origin, uPlay, Steam, Win10 Store, or all of them, no longer bother releasing a retail copy. It's annoying because I like retail copies... only because they're much cheaper because of the way all the major US resellers work, like Best Buy (I never pay more than $45 for a release day boxed copy of a $60 retail game for any console or the PC anymore).

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole no story co-op thing made it from a "must-buy" to "wait for a sale" game for me. Maybe not even then, since I already have a bunch of other stuff to play. I liked 3 enough, even solo, but now it's just much further down on the priority list.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got my copy. I loved the heck out of Dead Rising 3 and there being no timer whatsoever in Dead Rising 4 is wonderful news to me. I can understand why some of the original Dead Rising 1 and Dead Rising 2 fans liked having one, but personally I always found it galling and stressful. I'm not going to miss it in the slightest. :-D

Also, thanks for the snow-globe Capcom. I honestly had no idea I'd be getting one, haha.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I would get it first day, but it looks like that's not the case. It's not that I don't want it, but it doesn't really matter, because I have to finish Watch Dogs 2, which I'm not very far into. I finished Dishonored 2, and with the last two missions, I pretty much beelined it to the end. At first, I thought it was good; better than the first game, but in the end, that wasn't the case. I didn't really care for it.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@zombievac: Let's see: everybody who know the industry (including dudes in GB) say that it is anti-consumer friendly action, people with marketing background say it is a bad thing, common sense says it is a bad thing - but here you are, giving us justification that has more holes in it than cheese replica of Bonnie and Clyde's car. (Just for laughs, I got to ask: for example, how are preorder bonuses free, if you have to buy the game to get them? )

I leave you with this: No Man's Sky. Think about that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@charlie_victor_bravo: Pre-Order bonuses are free in that you are getting something that you otherwise wouldn't get if you didn't pre-order, at no additional cost to the base game. Someone who pre-orders on Monday pays $59.99 for the game and gets some extra skins while someone that buys the game on Tuesday after it is out pays $59.99 and doesn't get anything extra.

I'm not saying pre-order incentives and throwaway skins are a good thing, but they are in fact free in a way that for instance "free" Playstation Plus games aren't.

SURPLUS_NiNjA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone tell me I am miss interpreting the co-op. They are timed missions you do? Like they got rid of the timer on single player and put more time restrictions on co-op? That's exactly opposite of what I'd want them to do. I like the time mechanic in sp but it gets annoying in co-op what where they thinking?

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By zombievac

@charlie_victor_bravo said:

@zombievac: Let's see: everybody who know the industry (including dudes in GB) say that it is anti-consumer friendly action, people with marketing background say it is a bad thing, common sense says it is a bad thing - but here you are, giving us justification that has more holes in it than cheese replica of Bonnie and Clyde's car. (Just for laughs, I got to ask: for example, how are preorder bonuses free, if you have to buy the game to get them? )

I leave you with this: No Man's Sky. Think about that.

Did you even read my comment or just not comprehend it?

LOL - I DID pre-order No Man's Sky! I could've cancelled it, and I DID return it... I'll buy it later on when they patch in the features I want, if they ever do.

What exactly are the holes in my argument? I, yet again, asked for specific examples and got none, as always. Because there are none, as far as I can tell.

I understand it's seen as bad for the industry (and I'd say it was... back when it was REALLY anti-consumer with the pre-order bonuses being essential to the experience), but it's really not now - it helps the publishers with predicting and managing demand & inventory (in their opinion, anyway), and the consumers, if interested, can guarantee a copy on release day, often with a discount, and often with a bonus. Please, again, tell me the downsides.

And no, not everyone in the industry agrees with the GB crew about pre-orders, and even them, when they discuss it, act as if it's still like it was when it first became a thing. But the consumers and companies learned from the mistakes, and now it's a perfectly pro-consumer benefit, overall. Even for those that don't pre-order, since the stores know more accurately how many extra copies to stock!

EDIT: And finally, keep in mind that pre-orders are one of the major reasons why people rarely miss out on a game on release day due to lack of stock. Before pre-orders, stores didn't have the data, and therefore didn't have the confidence, to stock as many copies of a given game as they should, if it turned out to be popular. Do you remember back in the SNES, N64 and PS1 days when popular games were very hard to get on release day if you didn't pre-order? I mean, the whole concept came directly from consumers demanding it, to address said issue. Of course greedy publishers made big mistakes on the way to today, but that's expected of them at this point. My point is, as it stands today, it's a decent consumer benefit, store benefit, AND publisher benefit.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombievac:

"But the consumers and companies learned from the mistakes, and now it's a perfectly pro-consumer benefit, overall."

This, this right here is the hole in your argument. You say that twice but you never back it up. Being able to buy a game on release day in not pro-consumer. Learn what pro-consumer means dude. Being able to buy a game on release day is pro-publisher because you are giving them money which is the thing they want. You are getting a game which only might be what the consumer wants depending on if it's broken, bad, etc. etc. If you like pre-ordering games, good for you, you're part of the problem and if you're happy with that, that's great. Stop trying to justify it as being something that benefits everyone.

And it's digital sales that ensure that stock doesn't run out. You can't run out of digital stock. I know some people prefer physical media but its digital sales that ensures that there is always physical media in stores.

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: No, you are paying for the pre-order bonus, because you are still paying the premium price. While doing this, you are taking risks that otherwise would fall for the publishers or stores. That 10% discount on pre-order is there, but it is heavily offsetted by products natural price cycle. After a week you probably would get the with -20% discount (or more if used) and by that time worst bugs would be fixed (better product, cheaper price, no risk).

@zombievac: You are clearly just defending this because it is something you do -not because of reason, because of ego. This can be seen in poor quality of the arguments you make. Because of this I will only give you one answer.

it helps the publishers with predicting and managing demand & inventory (in their opinion, anyway), and the consumers, if interested, can guarantee a copy on release day, often with a discount, and often with a bonus. Please, again, tell me the downsides.

My answer previously in this thread:

Think about it this way, if preorder had no benefit for the companies, why would they push them? Sure this is to sell more games but why does it work?

You don't only put money into the preorder, you internally commit into buying the game. You make a bet and you want to be sure that you made right one - you don't want to seem stupid, do you? This makes you even more biased if or when you have an option to cancel your order. So, if people preorder, they are more likely to get the game even if reviews would be worse then people assumed when preordering. (There are other factor like "Eh, maybe it is not as good as I thought but since I already...")

OK, so it is your money, but where is the harm to rest of us? Pre-order numbers are indicators that will change the behavior of the publishers. They are more willing to put the effort and money into the marketing then into a good end product. You don't even have to publish a working game if most of your customers already have bet their money and some of their ego on it. This is why preordering is not only bad for you, but for the rest of us.

So, it does not matter how it is done in place X, because it still works as intended. Because of people who preorder, we all get worse game, worse launches and more cut (for preorder bonuses) content. I could go on about minor sides effects and reasons, like data gathering and so on but I'll save my marketing theory ramblings for my thesis.

And if it is not obvious, Jon Snow: Publisher wants as much as money as it can get from the consumer. Think how that plays into this "it is beneficial for all parties" argument. Could it be that they get bigger profits just by offering an illusion of the value? Hmm.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_victor_bravo: you are paying the exact same price as someone who would buy the game a day after release. The "premium price" you mention does not exist unless you're making some abstract point about paying for goods before you receive them, in which case it has no financial bearing on this situation.

Once again I don't think pre-orders are all that great unless you're offered a discount, a strategy which I've seen very rarely. In fact as cool as Hitman is I got burned on pre-ordering that game because it was later revealed that the cost of the Intro Pack and then Upgrade to full product was greater than buying the entire package up front. It's the singular case where they said Hey come pre-order, get access to the beta and help us make this product better after the relatively disappointing outcome of Absolution - and then your reward for putting your trust in them was a (maringally) more expensive upgrade path than the people who waited.

That was a shitty implementation of pre-orders in an otherwise great game and a unique example of what you're talking about where I in fact did pay more. Otherwise there is no "premium price" in your typical pre-order package.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Since I'm going to wait for the Ps4 version AND for it to be $30 or less

no

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Premium price is probably wrong term. Point still stands that you are paying the highest tier price (of the products price cycle).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Humanity

@charlie_victor_bravo: Once again, you are paying the same price as anyone else that buys it at release. Paying release date prices for games as opposed to waiting for a discount is not something that is unique only to pre-orders. You are attempting to make it sound like people are somehow being suckered into paying top dollar for games through pre-orders, but this is a very skewed way of presenting the situation when plenty of people buy games for full price simply because they want to be in the zeitgeist.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

With all the talk about pre-orders (which is totally fine and the smart way to go if you get a discount/dlc and you can return it if it sucks. I do it all the time.) - how is the perf on windows 10? good like forza/gears or crap like quantum/gears remastered?

It is shame I can't used bing points to buy stuff off the store.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_victor_bravo: I've yet to see a reason not to preorder games I intend on playing except from game sites that want their reviews to continue to matter. I have an hour commute every day and like to listen to game podcasts, and I prefer to play games before I hear people talk about them. Just about every important game released now gets favourable reviews anyway. I preordered No Man's Sky. It had issues, but I'm glad I played it and don't regret buying it.

If I preorder, I save money and don't have to worry about going to the store or having a massive day one download. If I prefer to play games when they come out, there's not a single valid reason not to preorder. If a game is ever broken enough that it's a problem, they give refunds.

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Again, you take the risk in behalf of the other side. Also you contribute their marketing effort and help to sell to those "non-preorder 1st day zeitgeist" people. You are suckered in by promise of illusion benefits. Looking at the selfish individual level, problem is not there, but scale it up and people who pre-order are making things worse for all.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_victor_bravo: You need to stop. No one is getting suckered in, no one is being selfish, and no one is stupid. We know exactly what we're doing. It's fine that you don't want to preorder games, it's also fine that we want to preorder games. You're not negatively affected by people preordering games so why even care? In fact, there'd be a much bigger negative impact on the industry if everyone took your stance and didn't buy anything until it was on sale.

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_victor_bravo: You need to stop. No one is getting suckered in, no one is being selfish, and no one is stupid. We know exactly what we're doing. It's fine that you don't want to preorder games, it's also fine that we want to preorder games. You're not negatively affected by people preordering games so why even care? In fact, there'd be a much bigger negative impact on the industry if everyone took your stance and didn't buy anything until it was on sale.

So, you reasoning why it is OK, is all based on you, but selfishness has nothing to do about it? Bolded part is such a huge claim that it needs some backing up before I even consider debunking it.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese said:

So, you reasoning why it is OK, is all based on you, but selfishness has nothing to do about it? Bolded part is such a huge claim that it needs some backing up before I even consider debunking it.

I'm not really sure what your point is. If I preorder a game and it doesn't negatively affect anyone, I'm being selfish?

It's pretty simple math. If 10 people buy a game and 5 of them pay $60 and 5 of them pay $40, that's a bigger number than if 10 people buy the game for $40.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By cikame

I was surprised when i watched the quick look, it looks like Dead Rising Lite, like a simple extended standalone expansion of a Dead Rising game, with dumbass imposter Frank taking the lead.
    It's like an innocent enough christmas special, but i'll wait to buy it later as i intend to play through the series from the start again soon.

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: You try to justify things on small scale, when the effects come from the large scale. I understand that not every one has capacity to understand complex systems, but take it from me, you are wrong in this one. Maybe do little research how companies do marketing and how analytic based decisions are made and come back with new opinions?

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was actually going to after seeing the QL but then I learned it'sjust Xbox, so no. If it comes to PS4 I'll probably get it some time. Mindless slashing can be fun.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_victor_bravo: maybe so, but circling back to the origin of this whole discussion, you are not paying more in any way from a purely financial standpoint. Risk of product quality etc is a whole different issue and one which we would probably find a lot of common ground on.

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Again you are arguing small scale things in a fixed time point on large scale moving systems. One of the points I have been trying to make is that, if it was one person doing this - it would not matter at all. Problem is that lots of people are doing it. This also hides and delays some of the negative effects. But if you want make this about you, imagine this: On the span of X time you pre-order games, could you at some point pay for a game that you otherwise would have not paid for? Answer from the companies is "yes" with addition "often enough that it would be way more lucrative to sell games as pre-order than normally". You might not pay extra in the strictest dollar sense (but you do in a sense of interest, risk and other things) but given enough time you are paying more than you would normally (in bonafied real deal strict dollars).

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Hunkulese

@charlie_victor_bravo: Like I said, it's not that complex and we understand what's going on in marketing departments to get people to preorder games. People preordering games doesn't affect anyone else negatively and it saves me money. It's not some evil horrible thing you're trying to make it out as. If you want to wait, that's great, if I want to preorder, that's also great. Most of you arguments also fall apart when you factor in that you usually don't pay for a preorder until they ship the game.

charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: OK, I'll bite: if it is so simple and easy to understand, how would you say interactions between consumer/pre-orders/marketing/game development/publishing economics/stores work and effect each other?

Again:

People preordering games doesn't affect anyone else negatively and it saves me money.

You really have to explain this one. It is really alien argument. Except for the "me" part that comes of every time somebody tries to defend pre-orders...

It's not some evil horrible thing you're trying to make it out as.

Well, I guess you have no experience in marketing.

Most of you arguments also fall apart when you factor in that you usually don't pay for a preorder until they ship the game.

Again, you are talking and thinking about yourself. Look at large scale picture.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, that ship sailed long ago.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this game sold out on Amazon?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By handlas

I picked it up a couple of days ago. It feels very... rough? Like, rough compared to other Dead Rising games even. The movement in these games always felt sluggish which was fine; it's a design choice. But it feels worse here to me and the combat doesn't feel as satisfying. And it looks pretty bad.

Then there are other things like the game is super dark and, for some reason, the devs decided to have the game get darker/more desaturated when u get to half health which makes it look worse and harder to see. And things like the overuse of pop-ups on screen that are hard to even decipher.

Basically, I'm kinda regretting buying this. I enjoyed all the past Dead Rising games.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#93  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@handlas said:

I picked it up a couple of days ago. It feels very... rough? Like, rough compared to other Dead Rising games even. The movement in these games always felt sluggish which was fine; it's a design choice. But it feels worse here to me and the combat doesn't feel as satisfying. And it looks pretty bad.

Then there are other things like the game is super dark and, for some reason, the devs decided to have the game get darker/more desaturated when u get to half health which makes it look worse and harder to see. And things like the overuse of pop-ups on screen that are hard to even decipher.

Basically, I'm kinda regretting buying this. I enjoyed all the past Dead Rising games.

I feel ya buddy. DR4 is a shit-show.

The story is fun. I'll say that right up front. But after 3 lock-ups after just around 4 hours of gameplay I just put it back in the box and went to play some XCOM. I'll get back to DR4 at some point, but it's so light on the reasons I loved Dead Rising that I'm not in any kind of hurry.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would if I could, a mindless slasher would be fun but I only have PS4 and Pc so it's a no sadly. By the time it's out for m I've probably found something else to keep me happy.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably get it at some point but not day one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.