Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crusader Kings II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The sequel to Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings is a grand strategy game that focuses mostly on the dynasties of medieval Europe. Games begin as early as 769 and can span until 1453. Expansions have expanded the game's scope to include the Middle East, India and the Eurasian Steppe.

Stealth steam sale!

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hi guys you might not already know this but for anyone thinking about picking this game up Crusader Kings II is currently on sale on a 75% off (stealth?) on Steam thanks to it being ported over to linux. That means CK2 has the "steam play" tag on it which means it can be played on MAC, Linux and PC.

You will notice that most of the DLC is 75% off too apart from the lastest one, The Republic. Well you can get the steam version of that for 20% off here as long as you use this code.

GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

Also don't worry about greenmangaming they are legit shop so you don't need to worry about having your Steam account banned or any crap like that.

If you are wondering what DLCs are worth it I would say ...

Crusader Kings II: The Republic ~ Allows you to play as a ship faring trader family.

Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion ~ Allows you to play as the aztecs, was released as a bit of a joke for 2012 year ending stuff so not historically accurate but still fun!

Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome ~ Allows you to play as Rome also you can "Reunite" countries merging them in to a massive country.

Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam ~ Play as Muslims in a time where everyone is a jerk and trying to take your land away from you.

If you are a sucker and like pretty things the next thing I would suggest getting is the cosmetic stuff like shields and unit sprites and ruler portraits (so it does not look like a bunch of white westerners ruling your Muslim country for example) as they are super cheap right now on steam.

I would not purchase the music or the ruler designer. Not that these things are bad it just I find them not to be essential for enjoying the game and they do happen to bump up the price quite a bit too.

Hope this has been helpful! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

Do you have any beginners guides you could link to? I played some of the demo, and found it very complicated. However, I didn't bother much with their tutorial, is that any good?

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By dandead

Do you have any beginners guides you could link to? I played some of the demo, and found it very complicated. However, I didn't bother much with their tutorial, is that any good?

Hhhmm good question. Myself I just puttz around in the game till I figured it out. Although I must say I have played a lot of these kinds of games in the past.

First you might want to check out the starters guide to CK2 on the CK2 wiki. It does dispense some pretty good tips like start small when picking up the game for example.

Secondly if you fancy some more extra reading and would like to know how other players handled similar situations for your chosen dynasty you will want to check out this thread on the official CK2 forums. It has a list of all the After Action Reports (AAR) which is essentially a let's play in text form. There are some very interesting reads in that list too, personally I always find pleasure in reading other peoples exploits in games like this but you might not so I don't know...

Anyway I hope that helps! :)

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@dandead: Thanks for the heads up! I just bought the rest of the DLC I did not have, minus The Republic. I'll wait for that be 75% off also. Really looking forward to The Old Gods though, hope that comes out soon.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

So looking at grabbing this.

Question about the DLC: so when they have some of these packs like the Mongol pack, which says it has new portraits and unit "sprites"... what is that replacing? Can you still play as Mongols otherwise? Do they look like just regular Europeans or something?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure about this game. :/ Tempting with that 75% sale though simply because I hear good things on these forums.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Laiv162560asse

Been eyeing up this game for a while so I picked it up earlier along with Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome, Mongol Faces and Dynasty Shields DLC. Kind of excited and kind of daunted by the prospect of this game, so I might leave it fallow for a while and plug through The Journey Down first, which I bought at the same time.

@artisanbreads: I read that the Mongols look like Arabs without the Mongol face pack.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@laivasse said:

@artisanbreads: I read that the Mongols look like Arabs without the Mongol face pack.

I see.

Kind of lame all these things are DLC like that. Almost micotransaction like. I know the prices are low but stuff like that should be free.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: I agree which is why I've waited for this heavy discount.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sterling

Looks like they have now put the Republic DLC on sale now for 75% off also, $2.49.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.