Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crusader Kings II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The sequel to Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings is a grand strategy game that focuses mostly on the dynasties of medieval Europe. Games begin as early as 769 and can span until 1453. Expansions have expanded the game's scope to include the Middle East, India and the Eurasian Steppe.

New Crusader Kings 2 DLC, playable pagans / earlier start date

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta

WOO WOO this is the DLC I was waiting for, finally getting pagans that might actually last more than 50 years. The earlier start date is crazy too, the game now can last... 586 years, which is larger than any other Paradox grand strategy game by a fair amount. Finns, Prussians, etc. can also finally survive rather than all of Finland being swedish by 1250.

Europe is in turmoil. The land has been fragmented into petty fiefdoms, the Emperor struggles with the Pope, and the Holy Father declares that all those who go to liberate the Holy Land will be freed of their sins. Now is the time for greatness.

Description

Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, the fourth expansion for the critically praised strategy/RPG, finally enables you to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler, with particular focus on the dreaded Vikings and their tradition of pillage and adventure.

Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by Paradox Development Studio, the masters of Strategy. Medieval Europe comes to life in this game of knights, schemes and thrones.

Features

• Play as a Pagan chieftain and ravage your weak neighbors. If you remain at peace for too long, your people will grow restless...
    • New special start date in 867 AD: The Viking Rurik has founded the kingdom of Rus and the Great Heathen Army under the sons of Ragnar Lodbrok rampages through England.
    • Play as a Zoroastrian lord and restore your ancient religion to prominence.
    • Adventurers: Landless characters can gather armies and go off to carve out new realms on their own.
    • Prepared Invasions: Declare your intention to invade and watch your armies grow with adventurers and restless warriors, but don't wait too long to start your war or it might all fall apart...
    • Rebels with a Cause: Rebels are no longer a faceless menace – they are now led by characters with agendas.
    • Loot and pillage provinces. Burn down their cities and take their gold!
    • Sacrifice to Odin at the great Blot!
    • Christians and Muslims can dispatch missions to convert the depraved heathens.
    • New beautiful Pagan interface skin.
    • New events and decisions: berserkers, sejdr, curses, omens, divinations, runestones and much more.
    Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Jesus, I still have EUIII to dig into (thanks again, btw) and all of this fucking CK2 dlc is coming out...How am I ever going to have enough time to get into EUIV?

The restlessness stuff sounds like I wouldn't even have to worry about it with how I've been playing recently. I'll be hitting up the Paradox forums to see what the hell this adventurer stuff is all about, and the rebels possibly being led by pretenders or what not. God, every time I think I've had enough of this game there are more reasons to go back.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

Sounds dope. Looking forward to it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

also according to doomdark on the paradox forums, no playable mongols. That will be in a later DLC maybe?

edit: NEVERMIND THAT WAS A LIE PLAYABLE MONGOLS TOO.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sumbog

I am so excited for this, I want to play as the Romanovs without having to cheat!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.