Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Commodore 64

Platform »

The Commodore 64 personal computer dominated the market from 1983-1985, and stands as one of the best-selling personal computers of all time.

They are making a new/modernized Commodore 64

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else seen this? I wonder is Jeff is aware (I thought he might mention it whilst playing that new c64 game on UPF this week)

Anyways.

It's on indiegogo at the mo (not sure if it's bad form to paste the link to cowdfunding stuff here, so I won't...but just search "the 64" on indiegogo)

As a massive c64 fan, I think it looks pretty great. It seems to be NOT emulation based (or it's at least some kind of hybrid). They seem to want to get original peripherals working with it too, and It's a pretty nice recreation of the original breadbin keyboard etc etc.

Also, one of the main dudes is the guy who made the D64TV, which was actually pretty great.

Only 4 days to go, and I've not backed it as of yet. But am pretty tempted.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will it run my old tapes? Will we get authentic load times?

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sparkysanxion

So.. I set up my emulator with some .tap files, and got a usb interface for my zipstick a few weeks ago..

and maaaaaaaan

The waiting, isn't so bad, especially if there was cool loading music (I just checked my phone a lot). But playing games with a joystick is HARD!

No wonder I was so bad at them as a kid :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.