mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mwng

Try saying that 3 times fast...

Anyway, since the game is out everywhere now, thought I'd see if anyone was interested in getting back into (or continuing with!) Blazblue. 

We did have a semi regular thing at the start of the year that died out a little, but it was fun while it lasted. We had a good mix of people, from skilled to scrub, playing a variety of different characters. So, if anyone is interested in some practice or just fun, shoot me a PM or post in the thread and we’ll try and arrange a time when most people are about to hold this thing. The GBBlazblue GT is still accepting friend requests to make finding fellow bombers to play with easier too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2
    deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As always, you can count me in on this. I'll be available most nights.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By dandead

Yeah I could play too, just getting back in to this again and remembering what all the different bars mean. I am mostly available in the evenings here in the UK.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By DocHaus

Save me a spot for when I finally pick up this version. Don't know how often the schedules will match but I'm sure we can work somethin out.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mwng
    @sameoldstuff: @dandead: @DocHaus: Maaaaaan relarning Tao is rough...

I've just about remembered the range on most of my stuff, as well as re-mastering the 2-3 simple BnBs I knew. Game seems faster? I can't quite work it out. 

I really like the changes to Tao from CS 1.03, I can combo into a bunch of simple stuff now. Love how quick 6C is, and the fact it now combos from other Cs, also 2B>5B and bowling balls taking primers are the most amazing things ever...

How did everyone else's main fair in the balance department? I've not dared to take it online yet, so I've not had the chance to see the other characters in action.

Speaking of online, I'd like to propose we hold our first proper fight night on Thursday 01/03/12 at 10 p.m. GMT. Though I'm open to suggestions!
    Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Ghost249

@mwng: Well I don't have this for Xbox (wished cross platform play was an added feature in this... [Ps3]) My Noel combos have dropped in certain areas, can't go into 214A midcombo of D>A>C>etc... however, liking the throw into DD again before 1.02 or was it 1.03 in CS. Lambda challenge combos from CS don't work so fluently anymore in CSE still capable of doing damage. Mu-12 is slightly more responsive imo.

Enjoying the fact that Noel System Voice is up as DLC.

Dizzy Color scheme for Mu-12 <3

Edit: Good luck with your fight nights! Since BB:CS PSN fight Nights died months ago thanks to to the host of the thread not doing it anymore >.> Mace (Esrever)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mwng: Well, let's see about Extend Noel... She's not ridiculous anymore, plus I seem to get countered out of most of my hit confirm attempts, fun indeed! Hakumen is looking pretty dangerous this time around. I'm okay with this Thursday for the fight night.

@Ghost249: 214A can be used mid-drive combo if you've got the meter to rapid cancel it (for example, 5D>d.6A>d.6C>RC>214A) or you have a few other options like cancelling into 6B>6C>2C>3C (or just 3C if they're already crouching) or Optic Barrel>6C>etc.

You could always try hosting the PS3 nights if you want them back.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwilitEnd656

My body is ready. It's time to don the fedora once more. Hazama's heat gain has been changed up a bit, but his Hirentotsu loops more than make up for it (dat meterless damage?!) and overall hasn't changed much. Need to get the hang of doing loops online, though.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it... I missed most of the Fight Nights due to my work hours, combined with the time difference with EU players. Well, if I can make it, I'll make it, but I guess it'll be an odd occurrence. o3o

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DocHaus

@Ghost249: Threaten to torch an effigy or a body pillow of Noel, then ESERVER will come running back.

My game will probably be "in transit" soon enough, soon as I can be arsed to put down a few bones for it. Probably won't make this week but in a couple I'll be ready either with Tager or Tsubaki (though considering how they dragged her down in CSEX I might just train with Ragna as an alt. uuuuuuugh)

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ghost249

@DocHaus: I'll try that lol thanks for the idea even though I myself like Noel

@sameoldstuff: yea I could put that into possibility now but it's just coming from CS into CSE is screwing me around and it's hard to change habits, however I'll consider it again thanks! Also been hosting the fight nights and sadly I am disappointed in Mace. But w/e still a great game in CSe, and I still need a fight stick...

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mwng

We totally managed to hold a fight night! It may have only been 3 people, but it happened!

Same time next week? I really need to work on my stuff...

It's a shame it's not possible to save replays of the team matches, I'll check to see if I have any of my ass kickings that are worth uploading for prosperity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since @mwng: has beat me to the punch of uploading the Tao vs Relius match, I'll post this one instead. I'll also make a point of recording team matches next time if we get enough people.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DocHaus

Finally got a copy of this game ordered online thanks to some extra cash in my pocket. Hopefully it'll be here in time for Thursday, but no promises.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By ESREVER

@DocHaus said:

@Ghost249: Threaten to torch an effigy or a body pillow of Noel, then ESERVER will come running back.

Leave my Noel out of this! YOU MONSTER!

@Ghost249 said:

Edit: Good luck with your fight nights! Since BB:CS PSN fight Nights died months ago thanks to to the host of the thread not doing it anymore >.> Mace (Esrever)

Hmm...

@Ghost249 said:

@DocHaus: I'll try that lol thanks for the idea even though I myself like Noel

@sameoldstuff: yea I could put that into possibility now but it's just coming from CS into CSE is screwing me around and it's hard to change habits, however I'll consider it again thanks! Also been hosting the fight nights and sadly I am disappointed in Mace. But w/e still a great game in CSe, and I still need a fight stick...

HRMMMM! Simmer down there, Jin. The focus on me is getting quite creepy. If you start shouting "BROTHERRRRR," I'm gonna have to seek a restraining order >>"

I'm sure I have explained why I stopped PSN fight nights as a scheduled thing. It was fun the first several of times, but with people not showing up and what not, it became more of a hassle than it was worth. I didn't really get that much enjoyment out of it anymore. Then there was the nagging about replays...

It's easier to just have an on-the-fly method. I've been doing that with the group I've been playing with and we usually have a nice turnout. Then again, we're pretty much in contact with each other on a daily basis via chat. No planning, no having to track people down that said they were going to be there, and its been a lot of fun. Granted, if PSN had a "view the friendslist of another friend" feature, it'd be a tad more convenient to start hosting again.

has expressed interest and spoken to me about him starting a PSN Fight Night Thread for BB:CSE. Get in touch with him and maybe yall can setup something official for the PSN side of things. It doesn't always have to be me who only hosts/hosted these things! Maybe (probably) I'll drop by if invited. I just don't want to host it anymore.

Sorry about the sort-of-off-topic spiel, just wanted to share that bit of info. Good luck with your new Fight Nights!

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghost249

@ESREVER: you've only been brought up for two posts, it isn't really focused on you lol.

@DocHaus: congrats on your copy and hopefully you enjoy it as you did with CS! <(^^)7

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlatantNinja23

I picked this up for vita, and have CS on 360.... Like CS 2, is Extend just a update I can purchase/download?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mwng
    @BlatantNinja23: Fraid not, it's a whole new retail disc.
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DocHaus

Finally, my copy of the game has arrived! If you folks want a break from ass effect trois to get back in the groove, my Xbox gamertag is "Kleptobot." See you folks soon.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ThunderSlash

Oh snaps, this game is out?! I still haven't platinum'd CS yet FFFFFFUUU...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DocHaus

Bah, I don't get why I kept mixing up Atomic Collider and that 6C ground-slamming move, in any case I see that my play vs. actual people still needs some work. Lots of close matches though. GGs

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mwng

@DocHaus: Getting him to taunt and then just sledging him looks like some pretty high level stuff!

Hope you're both around Thursday, I look forward to getting bustered into oblivion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Thursday, another fight night. I'd say @mwng: has been showing a bit more improvement too, especially at being more difficult to get in and attack. Plus I may have more videos to upload in general as I've stumbled on a decent method of encoding videos that agree with my awful upload speeds.

And links:

Taokaka vs Noel 1

Taokaka vs Tsubaki

Taokaka vs Noel 2

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mwng

SO MANY WAKE UP SUPERS SO LITTLE TIME!

Was great fun though, getting a little less scrubby... kinda.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DocHaus

Just played in a string of 10 rounds. We split them evenly, him using Taokaka and me alternating between Tager and Tsubaki. I think I got one win with Tsubaki and in return he beat me once while I was Tager. Also, I'm thinking I might switch Tsubaki for Ragna as an alt, because he has similar moves but can do more damage without needing any charge mechanic first.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mwng
    @DocHaus: You did kinda decimate me as Tager, one day I'll learn to tech grabs and not get bustered, BUT TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY.

Also, pretty sure I'm not entitled to try for taunt KOs just yet...
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DocHaus

@mwng: Oh yeah, the Astral cancelled by Magna-Tech Wheel followed by a Sledgehammer to the face. That was hilarious.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mwng
    @DocHaus: Not from where I was sat :(

Also the 720 punish was pretty awsome. Hopefully you're around next week too? Some really good games.

Just to add, played about an hour with @sameoldstuff too, who seems proficientat destroying me with half the cast. Though I'll cling onto that one astral that he clearly messed up trying to punish in some fantastic way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a fairly short set against @mwng: this week. I did my usual fumbling with sub characters and end up eating a full-screen astral, still good games all around however. Same time next Thursday?

Hakumen Vs Taokaka

Mu Vs Taokaka

Tsubaki Vs Taokaka

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DocHaus

learned a Noel combo that slammed me against the wall for 3500-5000 damage depending on the timing. This annoys me greatly, but luckily my Tager has this uncanny ability to carry her into space and GIGANTIC TAGER! her for just as much damage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's nothing quite like a bit of BlazBlue on a Saturday afternoon (or morning for @DocHaus) If there's anything I've learned, it's that I've become a bit worse with using Hakumen, but I have also gotten a bit better with using Tsubaki going into Extend. It's a trade-off I can live with.

Some replays now and I'll probably upload the rest later:

Hakumen Vs Tager

Tsubaki Mirror Match

Tsubaki Vs Tager

Noel Vs Tsubaki

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.