Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Are you going to get an Xbox One X?

• 63 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you going to get an Xbox One X? (485 votes)

Yes. I don't have an Xbox One, and when the X comes out, it'll be a good time to get one. 2%
    Yes. I already have an Xbox One, but I can't help but get an enhanced version of the system. 19%
    Nope. I don't have an Xbox One, and don't want one. 39%
    Nope. I already have an Xbox One and I'm fine with it. 19%
    I am not sure yet. 13%
    Dude, the options above don't fit how I feel about this. 8%

I am in the 'I am not sure yet' category. I have an original Xbox One, but when looking at it from the perspective of the strongest to weakest (in terms of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One): Xbox One being the weakest, base model PS4 the second weakest, then the PS4 Pro (which I don't want by the way) as the second most powerful of the four, and then Xbox One X being the most powerful, it kind of makes me want to go for it as long as my brother will help with half. I don't currently use a 4K screen, so I am curious whether it's still worth getting. What about all of you?

• 
    FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No interest whatsoever. My 4K ventures will be on PC, which I'll use for more than just playing games.

Neurogia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll think about getting one only if it drops in price by $100 and comes bundled with 2 games and an extra controller. There are WAY too many good games coming out for PS4, PC, and Switch this year to even bother thinking about Xbox, unfortunately. :(

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

Not 100% decided yet, but probably. I use my current Xbox One (non-S) daily, so even a modest boost to games/interface would be useful, and I got 20% off an Xbox One X / Forza 7 bundle so the console itself comes down to about £300 (I would have bought Forza anyway).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I had one pre-ordered but i canceled it and ordered a PS4 Pro instead. (Why? I need more JRPGs in my life)

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

No interest whatsoever. My 4K ventures will be on PC, which I'll use for more than just playing games.

I'll point out here that the X has a 4K Blu-Ray player, has streaming apps for just about every video/music service there is, has a web browser, etc. There's honestly not that much a PC can do from an entertainment standpoint that an X can't at this point. Claiming that the X offers nothing outside of video games shows some ignorance of the platform itself and is excessively dismissive. If it's not for you, cool, but let's not pretend it can't do things it can.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio Paint, Vegas Pro, and After Effects if I feel like learning how to use it.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By notnert427

@notnert427: Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio Paint, Vegas Pro, and After Effects if I feel like learning how to use it.

Fair enough. PC is still definitely the place for that, but it's worth noting that none of that really requires a beefy PC rig, either. I do some photo/video editing work on my home PC (Adobe Creative Cloud), and I don't really have any interest in gaming there. Different strokes and all. Also, sincere apologies if my earlier reply came off a little hostile; I'm admittedly a bit annoyed at how a bunch of people still seem to be eagerly crapping on all things Xbox One, often without much familiarity with the console. If that's not true in this case or what you were trying to do, that's on me.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: I was able to use Photoshop and Illustrator on entry level laptops with dual-core CPUs at 1280 x 800 screen resolution between 2008 and 2013 and often used either my PS3 or 360 for entertainment. But a bad case of thermal throttling when figuring out video render settings, along with random blue screens, my second case of a dying CPU fan, and also a dying battery and power adapter, convinced me that I needed a proper desktop again; thus with a budget of about $500, I began my foray into PC gaming at the low end with a Celeron G1840 (since it was close enough to the i5 560M my previous laptop had) and a GTX 750 Ti in 2015, and using a spare 720p TV as a monitor. So, as the years progressed and I'd have a couple of hundreds to spend every now and then, I'd ask myself questions like "Do I get a console, or see what my PC can do with an i5 4690K and a 1080p monitor?" About a month to a year later: "Do I get a console now, or make my PC gaming experience better with a GTX 1060?" And now the question is "Do I finally get a console, or hold out on 4K gaming until a $300 GPU can pull it off and buy an Intuos Pro instead?" Sure, I'm missing out on some exclusives by not having a modern console (though not too many thanks to Xbox Play Anywhere), and the wait for Destiny 2 on PC is kind of agonizing, but I still get about 90% of the games I want (and can mess around mods that are created for certain games) and take on the multimedia projects that come to mind all on one system, in addition to YouTube, Netflix, and Steam home network streaming between my main system and my non-pro Surface 3.

Apology accepted, but yeah, that was kinda mean.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@facelessvixen: To be fair, though, for the $1200 bucks a decent gaming rig costs all in one go, you could have a One X, a Pro, and a Switch. You’d probably get a smoother 4k experience, for now, given that PC can’t do any of the checkerboarding consoles do. There’s not really powerful enough parts for true 4k 60 yet, and certainly not in the sub $2000 range.

The PC only makes cost sense if you must have a decent one anyway for non-gaming activites.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundamguru: Thus why I'm willing to wait this whole 4K thing to mature across the board and that my current Haswell i5 and 1060 config for 1080p is perfectly fine for me at the moment. I'm not one of those PC guys that feels the need to upgrade when one game tops out at 59 frames. And if I suddenly got two grand out of nowhere, I'm buying a Cintiq.

But I digress.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not mind getting the XB1 or a PS4 Pro, but I don't want to upgrade to a 4K TV when all my TV's are less than 5 years old.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundamguru: Thus why I'm willing to wait this whole 4K thing to mature across the board and that my current Haswell i5 and 1060 config for 1080p is perfectly fine for me at the moment. I'm not one of those PC guys that feels the need to upgrade when one game tops out at 59 frames. And if I suddenly got two grand out of nowhere, I'm buying a Cintiq.

But I digress.

I get that. As gamers, we kind of end up invested in these ecosystems, financially and otherwise. While it doesn't really make much sense for me to build a PC gaming rig given my Xbox library (and now, 4K TV in the living room), it doesn't make much sense to you to buy an X when you could put that towards your PC rig.

Ultimately, the Xbox One X slots nicely into the gap between console gaming and PC gaming, though, and at least the Play Anywhere stuff is making the gaming world a little less siloed. I'm the market for the X, so it's kind of a bummer when I see poll results like these/general negativity towards the thing. Still, pre-order sales appear to be pretty strong thus far, so maybe this is a GB thing or just a vocal minority.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@notnert427: I think the problem is less that the XoneX can't do these things and more that the PC can do all the things it does at least as good or better.

So far I have found no reason for me to invest in an XoneX when I could be investing in new PC hardware instead and get a better product.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I don't have anything against the Xbox One but I already got a PS4 and Switch. The console exclusives are either first party stuff I'm not that big on like Halo and Forza or it's just a timed stuff that will eventually come to other platforms.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.