Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Are you going to get an Xbox One X?

• 63 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you going to get an Xbox One X? (485 votes)

Yes. I don't have an Xbox One, and when the X comes out, it'll be a good time to get one. 2%
    Yes. I already have an Xbox One, but I can't help but get an enhanced version of the system. 19%
    Nope. I don't have an Xbox One, and don't want one. 39%
    Nope. I already have an Xbox One and I'm fine with it. 19%
    I am not sure yet. 13%
    Dude, the options above don't fit how I feel about this. 8%

I am in the 'I am not sure yet' category. I have an original Xbox One, but when looking at it from the perspective of the strongest to weakest (in terms of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One): Xbox One being the weakest, base model PS4 the second weakest, then the PS4 Pro (which I don't want by the way) as the second most powerful of the four, and then Xbox One X being the most powerful, it kind of makes me want to go for it as long as my brother will help with half. I don't currently use a 4K screen, so I am curious whether it's still worth getting. What about all of you?

• 
    TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. My brother has a 4K TV or something so he might look into it, but honestly even if I had a display that good I wouldn't really want this thing. The OneX is prohibitively expensive and I'm not about dropping half a thousand bucks for better frame rate and an upres.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have an Xbox One and I'm not fine with it, and I don't want an X. It's all packed up and ready for ebay now.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already got mine pre-ordered. Upgrading my existing Xbox One.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eventually yes. Already have an Xbox One I hardly use, but I'm a self admitting dumb ass when it comes to these things and easily lured by powerful new tech. I think I'll get one when I fianally decide to move in on a 4K tv.

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No VR support means I don't even slightly care. What the hell am I going to do with all that performance? Get 60 fps in games that I can also run at 60 on my old-ass computer?

They need to show something amazing on that thing before I care. If they add support for the Windows Holographic headsets or whatnot, I might very well buy one. VR and consoles go hand in hand because hey, PC's are janky as fuck at times. You don't want jank and frame drops in VR.

I was really bummed when MS said they wouldn't do VR on it after having hinted at doing it before. Seemed like a really nice option for people who don't want to spend a grand on a PC and people who didn't want to switch to PS4 for VR.

Granted, VR market is tiny now, so I'm guessing my opinion is rare enough to not actually matter business wise. But if you care about the future and you sort of hope VR is going to become cool and whatnot, the Xboxo doesn't exactly seem like a good investment.. Bummer times 10.

Remember when Microsoft asked Bethesda what it would take to run Fallout VR on a console? Those were the days when I was putting aside money for the Xboxo. Massive bummer.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teoball

Not really sure yet. I've had an xbox one since launch and all I've played on it is Gears4, all the Halo games and Quantum Break.

I'm happy with my PS4 Pro, but if the multiplatform games look much better on the X I might get one.

I don't have a UHD blu ray player yet either...hm.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scottjay01

I still can't see the point its just a more expensive way to play 3rd party games. Outside of Gears and Forza Horizon there is nothing there for me so I'll stick with what I have until they say hey Forza Horizon 4 cant work on the old system then I'll probably wait till a huge price cut.

I've never liked the idea of half stepping consoles I prefer that quality software drives the system for 6 or however many years it needs for meaningful advancement then a new system is released.

Although these consoles went backwards to begin with, PS4 no disc based BC for ps1 & ps2 software, no photo, music and video storage options, some games now not allowing proper custom OST instead pay for a service (no thanks) (Same goes for xbox on those last few)

Had the Xbox one X said out the box all your disc based Xbox 360 games will work ( I would have been on board)

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I upgraded my X1 to an X1s. I don't feel like dropping even more on another version without some really amazing exclusive games.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see a reason to buy an Xbox right now. Microsoft made my choice easy with the announcement of the Xbox One and now they have changed their direction from having Xbox exclusives to Xbox console exclusives that again pushed me away from their console product.

Unless we see a new direction with Microsoft policy then I am pretty sure that I am not planning on buying one.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I upgraded my X1 to an X1s. I don't feel like dropping even more on another version without some really amazing exclusive games.

Yep. Especially when the first-party exclusives are being made available on PC.

I'm actually surprised the pre-order numbers for the One X are so high as Microsoft claims.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yes. I love my Xbox One, and will be happy to have an X in the house so that I can game/have a media center in both the living room and bedroom. I'm really excited for the 4K gaming as well.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a decent PC and a PS4 Pro, so no. If I didn't have a decent PC then, maybe.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By GundamGuru

@ntm: For me, it's not "I can't help but get an enhanced version of the system" but rather "I have a 4k TV and want the 4k bluray functionality." It's one of the cheaper ways to get that right now. Gamestop will probably have a decent trade-in deal anyway. For people with a 4k TV who held out on the Pro, the One X the more powerful of the two systems as well.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably not? It depends on whether or not a 4K TV upgrade floats its way towards the top of the disposable income list.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ripelivejam

Considering I turned on my Xbone for the first time in a couple months the other day, no I don't think so. I like what Microsoft is doing to try to turn the ship around, but unless there's a major flocking to it exclusives-wise I don't see myself doing it. I also have the original or PC to play the next Forza and Halo on so I think I'm covered. No 4k monitor or TV yet, either. I see the demographic they're going for; just don't know how big it is.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I had an Xbox One but ended up selling it because I just never used it.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As usual with most hardware releases I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas and I'm upgrading to an X from an Xbox One S which I upgraded from a launch Xbox One... I know, I know. : D

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need games that I'm interested in. Until that's addressed, getting an xbox is a non-starter.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a shiny new 4K TV not too long ago, my PC is on the fritz and sure I could put the One X money into new PC, but I like my consoles, so yeah. I've got mine preordered.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a decent PC and a PS4 Pro, so no. If I didn't have a decent PC then, maybe.

Same here. Zero reason for me to own an xbox while they're on this idea of putting games out on PC.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just picked up an S during prime day for $200 to fill my UHD Blu-ray needs.

Sony already tricked me into one unnecessary, quarter-step upgrade. I'm not falling for the same thing twice.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't see a reason for me to own an improved XBone when the base model doesn't have a lot going on for me. I have a good PC, there's nothing in the Xbox lineup that makes me excited to have and if there was I could just play it on PC.

I hope they see a return on the amount of R&D they did for the One X, but I'm skeptical they can entice enough people to move those units.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Oh snap, this reminds me that I need to cancel my One X preorder. Not worth it for me, especially since Odyssey is coming out soon and I need to buy a switch to do that.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 2 Scorpio editions preordered. If I am not able to sell 1 of them on ebay for a profit I will probably cancel both of them and get the X when the price drops.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#26  Edited By jeffrud

I am probably down. I will hold off a few months as I've heard at least one source (What's Good Games) express concerns about overheating XBOX consoles in demo settings, but the idea of a smaller yet more powerful box is enticing. I'm thinking of it as the "definitive" version of the thing. They've still got that new games problem, but Play Anywhere and their backwards compatibility efforts give Xbox a pretty insane library of games for somebody who is just looking to get heaps of stuff to play.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One launch: "I'm not buying an Xbox One because it's not powerful enough and I don't care about exclusives."
    Xbox One X launch: "I'm not buying an Xbox One X because it needs exclusives and I don't care how powerful it is."

-Internet.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EB Games in Canada just announced a $200 trade-in for the old Xbox One towards the X. I'm considering it.

Luckily I have about 10 days to think about it before the promotion expires.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

*sigh*

Yup.

Because I'm an idiot.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I bought two.. even tho i hardly use the S.. and only Netflix for that...

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: Are those the same people that state "I won't buy an Xbox One 'cos Microsoft are releasing all their first party games on PC, but I won't buy Microsoft's first party games on PC 'cos the Windows Store is crap" ?

Lots of cut-off noses and spited faces around here.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arjailer said:

@notnert427: Are those the same people that state "I won't buy an Xbox One 'cos Microsoft are releasing all their first party games on PC, but I won't buy Microsoft's first party games on PC 'cos the Windows Store is crap" ?

Lots of cut-off noses and spited faces around here.

I would imagine that Venn diagram has a lot of overlap.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Absolutely no appeal for me at all. Perfectly satisfied with my Switch.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wchigo

Nope. To be fair, I loved my Xbox 360 and bought all my multi-platform games for it, while pretty much using my PS3 only for exclusives. However, this time 'round I don't have as much time for gaming anymore, and my PS4, Switch and PC are already accumulating enough of a backlog as it is without me adding a fourth system in. I also don't really have much interest in their exclusives, even if I can get them on PC, so that's kind of an extra nail in the coffin.

@inevpatoria said:

*sigh*

Yup.

Because I'm an idiot.

Dan, is that you? ;)

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll think about it, if there's a very sudden release of a secretly developed Sunset Overdrive 2.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have one preordered, but there's at least a 50-50 chance I'll cancel it. Depends mostly on whether I decide to upgrade to a bigger (inevitably 4K) TV by November.

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep because I won one from Taco Bell. If it weren't for that then no.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My option would be "I have a good PC, so as long as most things come out on PC as well i don't need one".

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My original refurbished One recently crapped out, so I'm interested to hear how the X handles, because short of a miracle, there's not a lot left for me on the system other than cheap games I may pick up at garage sales.

guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not interested. There aren't any games coming out that interest me which aren't on the PS4 as well, and I'm not even using the Xbox One anymore as it is. I think this might have been the last generation where I have bought all of the consoles.

Switch and PS4 Pro are more than enough for me.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I will be getting an X but not right now. I'm gonna wait a year or so and then see where the price of 4K TVs are. I'll be fine until that point.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#45 fisk0  Moderator

I have a decent enough PC. If they keep making games exclusive to the Windows Store rather than releasing them on Steam (or GOG), I may eventually have to give in, because I'd rather get an Xbox One than dealing with the Windows Store.

At this point I'm fine with the few games I've been missing out on though.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

I had an Xbox One at home for work that I had to send back a couple months ago and I sold my PC a bit before that so I’m waiting to get back to work and I’ll probably order one then. I’ve got a swanky Sony 4K TV I look forward to using it with. I miss the sharpness my PC was able to achieve.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll see if the latest crop of xbox exclusives are well received before making any decisions.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure, i am surprised how many people on here flat out dont want an xbox at all though. I am thinking about getting a "one s" since its relatively cheap and plays 4k blurays, but i may save up and get the scorpio.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with my Xbox One S. If I won an X in a contest, I wouldn't mind keeping it.

PuppyKisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had planned on pre-ordering one... but then I got to thinking.

I had both PS3 and 360 last gen. This gen I went with XBOX One, because I prefer the first party titles. I am at a point where the graph lines for "time available to play games" and "money available to buy games" have swapped places. I have more financial ability, then time. On one hand I think I should just get a PS4 and get in on some of the great games I have been missing, especially because it seems that Sony is once again the only place to play a lot of cool Japanese games, like in the PS2 era. However, I barely have enough time to play as it is, another console seems wasteful.

So then I think, why not just get the "best" version of the console I already have games for? I also don't have a 4K HDR TV, though. So now I tell myself, well get one of those too. Now we are talking about money that starts to make a dent, and really, just so HALO looks a little better and loads faster? I don't know. I think part of Microsoft's strategy, other than to over-correct the mis-cues of the launch, is to offer another way for XBOX fans to sink more money into the platform instead of buying a PS4. Nothing wrong with that, good business.

I already bought an XBOX One S. I may buy an X, but it'll probably only be a part of a larger home entertainment upgrade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.