Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

Things that should not combine

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

OK, so Aiden just lamented the death of his niece in a cemetry. Then, as I'm leaving, it becomes clear there's an AR coin hunt game there. Sure enough, Aiden can plow through open graves and grivers in his dead niece's resting place. Anytime a game has broke your immersion with a dumb design choice?

apexgus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By apexgus

What about how the biggest character defining moment of Aiden is the death of his niece in a car accident caused by bad guys BUT at the same time most of his hacking abilities revolves around causing car accidents?

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By frymillstrum

GTA 4 spoiler

Being able to call someone for bowling immediately after Roman and what's her face get killed.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

How about after his tear jerking moment at the grave, you are immediately presented with a "Vault" prompt on the tombstone. I hoped over my niece's grave 4 times, having a good laugh at how silly it was.

Or the man who yells at you "They took everything from me! I'm a cripple!" as he walks around in a leg brace, not nearly as crippled as he is implying in his rage.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By thebunnyhunter

@apexgus said:

What about how the biggest character defining moment of Aiden is the death of his niece in a car accident caused by bad guys BUT at the same time most of his hacking abilities revolves around causing car accidents?

Thanks for ruining the game for me, its all im goona think about now. But then again its just a video game

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

How about the part where we all acknowledge that games are games?

You know, how in every single video game in existence, the moment an emotional scene plays out and you're given control of your character you immediately break immersion by jumping around or whatever.

Think about it this way - the game didn't break immersion, you broke the immersion. Would Aiden decide to go play a dumb VR game right next to his nieces grave? No, you decided that, you ruined the moment for yourself.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadyPingu

@apexgus said:

Oof. I'm typically very lenient where dissonance in video games is concerned, but... yeah, that's pretty silly.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@humanity said:

How about the part where we all acknowledge that games are games?

You know, how in every single video game in existence, the moment an emotional scene plays out and you're given control of your character you immediately break immersion by jumping around or whatever.

Think about it this way - the game didn't break immersion, you broke the immersion. Would Aiden decide to go play a dumb VR game right next to his nieces grave? No, you decided that, you ruined the moment for yourself.

Sure, I made the choice. I think choosing to put one those silly AR race courses through the cemetery was just bad form, though.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm halfway through the game, but the story feels ... kinda dumb. Love the gameplay until now, but those characters are plain boring (of all Ubisofts 1000+ empolyees there isn't anyone who can think of a more interesting story? :/)

Some silly stuff:
    In the scene where his niece gets killed (flashback scene) you see Maurice (I think it was) and another biker driving alongside the car to cause the accident and Maurice is not wearing a helmet. That was just so dumb looking to me; why not wear a helmet when you are pulling a stunt like that? It's freaking dangerous and on top of that people will recognise your face! (was there no other way of letting us know it was Maurice riding the bike?)

General gameplay silly stuff:
    The crime prevention missions.
    You got to stop the crime. Potential victim in an alley, potential criminal walking up to him/her. Criminal sees Aiden and runs away. Mission failed!
    What the hell? Mission failed? The crime did not happen, for fucks sake; mission accomplished I would say! Gimme some XP >:|

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: I did that by mistake and felt like a spa for it. Not calling you a spa for enjoying it, but I just felt like one.

This game has plenty of silly stuff like that though. You can go to the gang hideouts and murder everyone there except for your targets who you can only knock out.

As someone else mentioned, you're getting revenge on your nieces death in a car crash, mostly by causing car crashes.

Preventing crimes? You can't stop the crime until it happens. I've seen people get shot during a crime, then the game tells me "ok you can go now". But if I stop it before hand, I fail to stop it? What?

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft is just terrible with its balance between gameplay systems and storytelling. The assassins creed franchise had been that way forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.