Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 22, 2017

A stand-alone story featuring Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross.

One week out, I feel like people are sleeping on this game

• 52 results
    KittenTactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By KittenTactics

This has been my most anticipated release of the year since the moment I saw Chloe at Playstation Experience last year. I sorta feel alone on that though, and I'm not sure if it's

-General Uncharted fatigue

-People not knowing this isn't just a 2-hour DLC sidestory

-Being released in a landmark year of great games for everyone

Or something else. Few series make me feel the way I do when I play a new Uncharted. Mass Effect did, the Arkham games did, and kinda not much else these days. Anyone else amped for a new Uncharted? If not, I'd like to hear why!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Uncharted 4 was too god damn long. I hope this is tighter and ups the scale a bit.

I can't get too excited, though, because I'll be busy with Sonic Mania.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I mean I love Uncharted and I am super hyped...not as much as I was for U4, but I love me some Uncharted.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I dunno I actually really enjoyed Uncharted 4 but I felt like it was the perfect bookend to that entire franchise. I'm in no real hurry to revisit that world, even if it is with a different set of characters.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am excited but it is a known quantity. I have had this pre ordered since last year (bought the $100 version of Uncharted 4) so nothing to do but play some more Uncharted, which is exciting.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

On the GB forums I don't even see a lot of people talk that positively about Uncharted 4 so it's not really surprising to me, here at leas. I think it looks very samey.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's an expand-alone isn't it? These never get that much hype with the odd exception.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played 4 yet, but disliked the first 3 due to their muddy controls due to input lag, i like the characters and story just fine but it's all brought down by having to play the game, hoping 4 is better.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

U4 was a great send off and the vibe was good around and after its release but this, along with TLOU2, represents 1-2 punch of unnecessary games by a super talented developer that could be doing literally anything else and it's very hard not to be bummed out, very hard to be excited. We get it, they're great and you guys are great but enough is enough, move on fucking please. And Chloe looks really really weird in this game.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Everyone agreed that Uncharted 4 was a really good sendoff for a series that was due to be put to end (or at least take a significant break). Kind of hard to turn around and get excited about more. Plus Chloe and Nadine aren't characters I found terrible interesting to begin with. And personally I'm feeling fatigue with Naughty Dog games at this point.

@humanity said:

I dunno I actually really enjoyed Uncharted 4 but I felt like it was the perfect bookend to that entire franchise. I'm in no real hurry to revisit that world, even if it is with a different set of characters.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks almost exactly like the Uncharted trilogy I played on the PS3. The usual Whack-a-Mole cover shooting, in abundance. Nothing I haven't done before. I also don't like Chloe as much as Nate.

Loading Video...

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really excited, but as others mentioned it seems like a known quantity, so there just isn`t too much to talk about. Naught dog makes great games and haven`t really had a miss so far, so I am fairly sure I know what I`m getting and I am playing it day one.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pompouspizza
    nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

It looks almost exactly like the Uncharted trilogy I played on the PS3.

This. I gave up on the series after the much lauded Uncharted 2 didn't live up to the hype at all.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

It looks almost exactly like the Uncharted trilogy I played on the PS3.

This. I gave up on the series after the much lauded Uncharted 2 didn't live up to the hype at all.

I actually liked all three of them. Well, the third not as much. But they were never all that good.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone that thought Uncharted 4 was the best in the series, I am also feeling pretty done with Uncharted and thus I don't really have any motivation to get this game. Hell, I'll be honest, I didn't even remember this existed game until a friend of mine mentioned it a few days ago. But Uncharted isn't really the only franchise I'm starting to get tired of, it's a general sense of playing the same games over and over again that's rubbing me the wrong way lately.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thought Uncharted 4 was meh. Visually it was crazy of course. I haven't played the others. That series gameplay just doesn't appeal to me I guess, and this just looks like another one of them?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Uncharted 4 a lot, so I'll definitely play it, but I've kept myself away from the trailers and articles since the first trailer to keep most of this as a surprise. Plus I bought the Triple Pack thing for four, meaning that I'll get Lost Legacy for free, so I guess I'm just waiting for it to become playable.

I'm bad at building hype these days, excluding some rare examples. Plus like someone already said, there's a 99% chance that it'll be like four, so I already know that I'll very likely enjoy it. Well, gameplay-wise at least.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Uncharted, but I haven't even gotten around to playing UC4 yet. And I never liked Chloe as a character anyway.

U4 was a great send off and the vibe was good around and after its release but this, along with TLOU2, represents 1-2 punch of unnecessary games by a super talented developer that could be doing literally anything else and it's very hard not to be bummed out, very hard to be excited. We get it, they're great and you guys are great but enough is enough, move on fucking please. And Chloe looks really really weird in this game.

Naughty Dog had the freedom to make two new IPs last generation, and look how that turned out. We're coming up to four years into this gen and we haven't really seen anything new from them yet. Could you imagine a world where they spent the entire PS3 generation on various Jak & Daxter sequels?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am looking forward to see how it is, i thought 4 was drawn out with horrible pacing. I thought 3 was a better send off and left things open for more games, while 4 ended drakes story definitively but took way too long to do it lol. I like chloe, nadine was cool so i would like to see them fleshed out more but i am not super confident in their ability to pace out a fun gwme anymore. Didn't like playing the last of us at all, and uncharted borrowed so much unnecessary "walking sim" character building scenes it didnt need. But hopefully this is back to good old swashbuckling uncharted fun.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I'm just not that excited about it, to be honest. I'll most likely get it (at this rate, not on release though). It's cool that it'll be a hefty game in terms of longevity from the sounds of it. I loved Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (after the first playthrough, when I played it on Impossible), I was disappointed in two until I played the remaster on PS3 where I finally thought it was okay and not an extreme bore gameplay wise, and I loved three. Four looks phenomenal, the mechanics that are improved over the first three are welcome additions, and it ended Drake's story well. That said, I didn't love the game overall and I still didn't finish it on the hardest difficulty, through starting and stopping on and off.

I only got to the part where you're at the table with the pirates, or somewhere around there. I found the game to be pretty boring and I lacked the motivation to keep going with it. I'm sure this game will have all the great aspects that Naughty Dog is good as doing, but... yeah I'm kind of done with Uncharted now. I'm more interested in what's coming for The Last of Us 2. As great as I thought Uncharted was, being some of my favorite games of last-gen, The Last of Us put them to shame in my opinion, and Uncharted 4 couldn't match it either. Everything I've seen from this game just looks like more Uncharted, and not with a setting I really care to explore (more jungle, yay), but I could be wrong! Oh, and Golden Abyss was good too. I played through that the day four came out, so I had to hurry, ha ha.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By glots

@liquiddragon said:

I lllooooved the first TLOU and I'm sure that I'll eventually enjoy TLOU 2 as well, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't at least somewhat disappointed when that got announced officially as their new game. I wish they'd dig up the corpse of that sci-fi game that never came to be. I guess they still can (or any other new IP), but if they won't be developing that or something else before finishing off TLOU 2, it'll be a long while before something completely new appears.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for it. It hasn't been that long since U4 and it's not drastically all that different from U4 based on what I seen at the demo during E3 so I can see why there's fatigue and a lack of interest. For me personally, after putting in 125 hours into Persona 5, and more time into other open world games, I'm excited to kick on aim assist have fun in this game.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm down for it.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Uncharted games are a cool spectacle but they don't feel great to play in my opinion. Gun play is not satisfying enough with the amount of killing that needs to be done. I'll probably pick it up when it's in the bargain bin.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's mostly Uncharted fatigue. This game should've been released next year, not this year when it's so close to Uncharted 4 and on an year with a lot of games people are loving. I'm a big Uncharted fan and even I am thinking of waiting some time until getting this one, probably on a price drop.

I also think that part of what made Uncharted appealing was that Nathan Drake charm. People cared for him and wanted to follow him. Sure, these two characters are also great, but the general audience isn't as invested in them as they were with Drake.

Thinking that this is just a 2-hour DLC is also something that might be considered. I don't know if it should've been marketed other way, if it should have a different name or what, but everything about it feels like a short stand-alone DLC, even though it isn't.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@luchalma: Ironically, I kinda can seeing that we're staring down the barrel of a very similar situation. haha

@glots: That looks pretty neat, had no clue. I thought you were pointing me to that realistic Jak game.

ImGrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't even seen a commercial for it. Thought it wasn't coming out for a while

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think it's some combination of everything you listed. I know for me it is. It hasn't been THAT long since Uncharted 4, which I loved, but also felt like a great capper on the series. Combine that with me knowing exactly what that game will be and me already being behind on so many great games this year. I will play it, I will almost assuredly have a good time with it, but I'm not frothing for it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Game'll be fine; I'll buy it when its cheap.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Claudia Black, so yeah I'll get it eventually. But right now it just feels too soon.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the series, I like these characters but... It just feels like it's too soon. Can't muster much excitement for this game. I wanna say I'm not gonna buy it but, considering how weak the back-half of this year is looking, I'd probably be lying.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@armaan8014 said:

At first glance - interesting scores! Especially IGN's

Apparently the reviewer thought the open world portion was empty, boring and restrictive, while the rest of the game was basically "Second verse, same as the first." He said that Nadine and Chloe are the reasons why he enjoyed it overall.

Yeah read the review and the reviewer sounded mostly positive. The game sounds pretty much like you'd expect though, which isn't a bad thing of course.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was able to start the pre-load now, hefty 49GB in size. For some reason Jak & Daxter - The Precursor Legacy was also added to my library on PS4, even though I wasn't suppose to be eligible for getting it as a pre-order bonus. Managed to download it too, will see if it gets snatched from my HDD at some point.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a day one game for me (well, my mail is delayed by a day, so day two game technically).
    However I don't expect it to be better than UC4, that was the big final send off of the whole thing.
    I'm sure this will be good, but it feels like watching the deleted scenes of a movie, it's cool it's more of the movie, and the movie was rad, but I'm not more excited for the deleted scenes than I was for the movie itself.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ezekiel

It looks rushed and slightly lazy. My impressions:

I forgot how unrealistic the interactions can be in Uncharted.

https://youtu.be/JCQQhitgle8?t=22m46s

The enemy warps a few meters to the left so that she can perform her takedown. Games give you too many easy stealth options now. It's become so easy to silently take enemies down, no matter if the animations will work.

The next enemy goes inside an object, so that she can again perform her stealth takedown: https://youtu.be/JCQQhitgle8?t=23m25s

And then the next enemy has an opportunity to scream for help. His throat and mouth are free as he struggles: https://youtu.be/JCQQhitgle8?t=24m18s

It would be nice if the gameplay mirrored the characters' attributes. As a rather slender woman, she shouldn't be able to overpower all these big men. I can picture Nadine doing that again and again, but not Chloe. When Rocksteady brought Catwoman to their Arkham games, they made her attacks more light. She spins, flips and uses her legs a lot because she is not the puncher that Batman is. In fact, she uses her claws more than her fists.

Here it happens again: https://youtu.be/JCQQhitgle8?t=27m7s

He was alright turning away. How about, if you miss the second to pull him off the train car, your next option is to get on top and follow him? Throwing a guy off a train car wouldn't keep you unseen anyway.

I feel elitist saying this, but looking back, Uncharted is so casual. Really simplified stealth and unlimited health. Still, I'm not gonna deny that it's somewhat entertaining.

I've been told it's not as polished as the other games and that Chloe has a lot of the same animations as Nate because it was made in about a year.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had plenty of fun with this. Lots of great moments between the gunfights/stealthing around, which I also do enjoy...and I can now definitely see Jeff B's "complaints" about the scenery. It just looks so awesome the whole way through that it gets overwhelming. Didn't stop me from marvelling at it and using the photo mode almost constantly, of course.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By zeushbien

Uncharted 4 was the first Uncharted game I really loved, the others I just thought were not very fun to play and I generally disliked the writing. Hope the lost legacy is more like Uncharted 4 and less like the rest.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43  Edited By Nodima
    @ezekiel said:

It looks rushed and slightly lazy. My impressions:

I forgot how unrealistic the interactions can be in Uncharted.

https://youtu.be/JCQQhitgle8?t=22m46s

The enemy warps a few meters to the left so that she can perform her takedown. Games give you too many easy stealth options now. It's become so easy to silently take enemies down, no matter if the animations will work.

The next enemy goes inside an object, so that she can again perform her stealth takedown: https://youtu.be/JCQQhitgle8?t=23m25s

And then the next enemy has an opportunity to scream for help. His throat and mouth are free as he struggles: https://youtu.be/JCQQhitgle8?t=24m18s

It would be nice if the gameplay mirrored the characters' attributes. As a rather slender woman, she shouldn't be able to overpower all these big men. I can picture Nadine doing that again and again, but not Chloe. When Rocksteady brought Catwoman to their Arkham games, they made her attacks more light. She spins, flips and uses her legs a lot because she is not the puncher that Batman is. In fact, she uses her claws more than her fists.

Here it happens again: https://youtu.be/JCQQhitgle8?t=27m7s

He was alright turning away. How about, if you miss the second to pull him off the train car, your next option is to get on top and follow him? Throwing a guy off a train car wouldn't keep you unseen anyway.

I feel elitist saying this, but looking back, Uncharted is so casual. Really simplified stealth and unlimited health. Still, I'm not gonna deny that it's somewhat entertaining.

I've been told it's not as polished as the other games and that Chloe has a lot of the same animations as Nate because it was made in about a year.

All I can say to this is that it is entirely random whether that's your experience or not. I just went through the majority of the game (roughly half of chapter 4 through the rest of it) today and didn't once see anything as weird as that. I did have a lot of issues with getting in and out of cover vs. rolling/dodging but that's not a sloppiness issue so much as I wish they didn't have the dodge on the same button as the cover mechanic, and probably something you wouldn't even wind up mashing as much as I did if you were smart and just played the game on easy/medium rather than hard. I just happen to like the sadistic feel of the Uncharted games on Hard, not quite sure what it is but I feel a real sense of accomplishment when I finally push past a scenario and I enjoy how it forces me to really use the environment and be smart.

Anyway, to the original point of your post I didn't see any truly weird animation warping or clipping like shown in those clips, nothing out of the norm for animation heavy video games. The only time during the game I got the impression it was less considered than primary Naughty Dog games were the cutscenes, most of which felt like a bit of a template; Chloe and Nadine stare at this thing while they drop exposition on one another, cue gameplay for 20 minutes and repeat with just a few more unique, staged play acting scenes going on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just got a PS4 this Summer that came with Uncharted 4 I was impressed with the graphics and animations but that's it way to much climbing also I didn't care for the characters Drake just feels so generic. I have no interest in the DLC Uncharted 4 is not a bad game but I feel Tomb Raider does this kind of game better.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it and I loved it, sure it is pretty much more of the same and the story is the same old Uncharted but I really enjoyed it and loved the chemistry between Chloe and Nadine. Also the end set piece is one of the most over the top and entertaining the series has done. If this is the last Uncharted (which it probably won't be), I think this is a great way to finish.

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Inresurrection

I really enjoy the Uncharted series as a whole but I simply don't have it in me right now to play through another 8 hour Uncharted campaign. It doesn't really go any deeper than that for me.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm an hour in and I forgot how amazing Chloe is. I love her character.

Avatar image for thebeanemachine
    TheBeaneMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My copy is still in the shrink wrap, just haven't gotten to it yet with my back catalog.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I wanna play it, but I haven't finished Uncharted 4 yet. That game feels like it was too long. Hopefully I'll get to Lost Legacy before the year's end, but It's not really a priority for me.

Avatar image for achillesforever
    achillesforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will eventually buy it, I can't help but love the series, I know most people complain about the gameplay but its never been a problem for me and I've always enjoyed the combat (except for THAT section in the end of UC3). For me I would nevermind ND still making games set in this universe (except no more Nate since his story is done) give me more Chloe, give me more Cutter even though his actor is really really busy nowadays.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.