Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Bros.

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 13, 1985

Focusing on a humble plumber and his brother setting out to rescue a Princess who has been kidnapped by a vile lizard king, Super Mario Bros. is a platformer created by Shigeru Miyamoto, published by Nintendo, and is one of the best-selling video games of all time.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie - Gaming Historian

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pauljeremiah

The Gaming Historian gives a history of the Super Mario Bros. Movie. It cost 48 million dollars to make, but only grossed 21 million. By most accounts, it was a disaster, from start to finish. Learn all about the making of the very first big budget video game movie.

I remember been so excited to see this film when I was a kid. I thought it was okay when I saw it, but my older brother hated it.

Is it the perfect "so bad it's good" movie? Or just a bad movie?

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That movie's fine. Not great, not even good, but fine.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pauljeremiah:

Under the rules of this forum, this thread is probably you tube spam. You might want to add a bit of text and original thought to your first post.

I saw this video in my sub-box, and I'm looking forward to watching it. This guy does some really good work, and I often learn a lot from watching his videos, even when they're on topics that I already thought I knew a lot about.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

I'm a huge fan of TGH so I did watch this right away. However I haven't watched this movie. I really don't see the need since I've seen a ton of stuff online. What was new to me was the fact that it didn't even make money!!!

I'll end up watching it someday just to finally say that I did and to chronicle it.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like the Mario Bros movie. I don't give a fuck, it's great. Dennis Hopper has a gun that turns dudes into monkies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.