Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Is alienware worth it?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By pweidman

I'm looking for a gaming rig too TC. I want a second pc to hook up to my TV and only for games. I don't want to build it, just buy it. Having it built by an expert after picking parts might be cool, but I saw this on Amazon and was wondering if it would work for me. Maybe you too. Maybe some of these experts itt can look at it and point out pros and cons.

http://www.amazon.com/Microtel-Computer%C2%AE-Computer-Processor-Microsoft/dp/B004GW7PJM/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1340378376&sr=1-3&keywords=gaming+desktop

My goal is a gaming rig only, and one that will handle all the pc games on ultra for several years.

Tokoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Tokoname

Basically, no, Alienware isn't really worth it in most cases. Even if you want a pre-built machine, there are better options. I'm pretty much echoing what has already been said, but building a PC is pretty much Legos for adults. There are plenty of basic tutorials on the web. You'll be pretty nervous, but that's fine. Just know what you're going to do before you do it. If you don't know what you need to do, ask someone, or look it up online or in the manual. If you're even mildly mechanical, the process should be pretty self-evident. And it's really fun.

@pweidman: The graphics card isn't very good. It's fairly old at this point and certainly won't be running your games on ultra for years to come. They also don't list the PSU, so I don't know about that. Other than that, the specs look pretty decent.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By DukesT3

From what I hear and according to this board so far, its not but hey if you have the money and budget isn't an issue then I don't see why not?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.