Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Which last gen game would you most like to see on the Switch?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

We've seen some like Valkyria Chronicles, L.A. Noire, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Ni No Kuni, and Tales of Vesperia come to the Switch but I'm sure there are other games that would be a great fit.

Games like MGSV:PP and Persona 5 reportedly ran fine on last gen consoles and would make for terrific Switch games. Yakuza 3-5 and even Zero were PS3 games and they seem like they'd be killer on a portable system.

Fast RMX wasn't great but I enjoyed it as a handheld racer so why not a Burnout Revenge or one of them NFS games?

Is there a last gen game you think that's a total no-brainer on the Switch?

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mario 3D World. I always preferred level-based Mario over 64's hub-roaming design.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

@theflamingo352: well yes, I'm sure that will happen in due time. I meant more 3rd party games. And also, Wii U being a generation straddler, going by 3D World's release date, it's actually a current gen game!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wind Waker HD and Xenoblade X are pretty much the last hold-outs from the Wii U I care about, so I want them so I don't ever have to consider buying a Wii U.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Casepb

Would love to see the Burnout Revenge 360 version more so than Paradise. I was really hoping Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner would get a Switch port seeing how everything else has it. More Platinum games like Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising, Transformers Devastation, and Anarchy Reigns and maaybe if they fixed up Star Fox Zero a good bit I would gladly welcome that, but that would be a huge undertaking having to redo the controls, and a lot of levels that were criminally short really should be redone. Also why not Wonderful 101? I really am a Platinum fanboy...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A Fallout 3/New Vegas double pack, a Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD collection, Bioware’s last-gen catalogue, Persona 4 Golden.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The Persona games, the Pikmin games, an HD remaster of F-Zero GX, a lot of the big Wii U stuff like Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World, that HD Twilight Princess version from Wii U, maybe a twofer of the Super Mario Galaxy games.

I tried to think of a list of third party games, and I honestly couldn't think of any that haven't already been released other than the Persona games and FTL. All of the indie stuff I would want has been ported, as have most of the big games I could think of.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Nothing because no matter how old or cheap a game is currently, it will be $49.99 on the Switch for at least 4 years before a price drop.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mezmero said:

Nothing because no matter how old or cheap a game is currently, it will be $49.99 on the Switch for at least 4 years before a price drop.

Links Awakening, a remake of a 30 year old game? 50 euroes

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Twilight Princess & Skywards Sword..
    Basically all past Nintendo titles.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I want them to do an extensive rework of LoZ: Skyward Sword for switch. Trim all the fat. Make motion controls tighter and optional. Clean up the visuals. Massively tone down the handholding. Make the act of falling out of the frigging sky actually feel cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.