Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter: World

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise features much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It allows players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

What is your hype level at duders?

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What is your hype level at duders? (119 votes)

2000% HYPE - This game can have my babies. 17%
    100% Hype - I am ready to enjoy this game a whole bunch. 22%
    75% Hype - Looks cool, I'm ready to play this thing. 21%
    Below 75% - Reserving hype until I play it. 17%
    Don't care, no hype, game looks okay or bad. 24%

I am beyond ready for this, I've enjoyed some MH on the 3DS to varying degrees. This game was a whole lot of fun in the beta and I am so hyped for the full game. Please let it be tomorrow already.

• 
    Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty darn high, because it's been soooo long since a proper console Monster Hunter and I've really struggled to enjoy them on portables. Not to mention the countless quality of life improvements, I'd be shocked if I left this game not thinking it's the best in the series.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
    AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you pre-ordered the digital version, it goes live at 9pm Pacific, midnight Eastern, which is just an hour from now. If I pre-order a game I usually order from Amazon for the 20% discount, but for this one I made an exception and pre-ordered digital, because I want to play it as early as I can... and also, I've had Amazon miss a couple Friday game deliveries for me in the past (Monster Hunter Generations and Xenoblade Chronicles X).

I'm definitely at ridiculous levels of needing this game in my life. For the past month I haven't played many games because everything paled in comparison to the idea of a new Monster Hunter game on a proper console. I'm not a handheld guy at all, but bought a 3DS just for the series after getting into the series with MHFU (which was played on a PSP that I received for free). The prospect of a new game on a proper home console that I can play with a proper controller on a big TV, not to mention has had all kinds of quality of life changes, pretty much has me as excited for this game as I could possibly be for any game. I literally cannot imagine any game that I would be more excited about than this one.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So high I run a chance to be disappointed!

I never played a Monster Hunter game but they always looked like my kind of jam. I’m just not a handheld player though and was pretty disappointed when they said that Switch game wasn’t coming to America.

I got super excited at the announcement of that new one. I’m not afraid of complicated game but that version being easier to get into sounds great too. At the end of the day as much as it seems tailored for me in theory it might not work for me in practice. Will see, but I surely do hope I like it as much as Jason does.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OurSin_360

I am more hype than I thought I would be, I am still waiting on the pc version though. Hopefully it is a good port

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Watching Jason play the other day, I was impressed by the graphics and what seemed to be a realized compilation of systems in an RPG style. The jungle area that I saw, except for perhaps those vines, looked dense and vibrant. It seems like the kind of game you could really bury yourself into. If I were to play the game, I would of waited for the PC version.

But I won't be. Every time I have seen Monster Hunter, it's a matter of one or more dudes and/or dudettes hacking at an increasingly anguished beast for like what seems fucking forever. Just puts me off.

However, whenever Jason wants to stream playing it, and very much also if he drags Brad and whoever into it, I will definitely watch.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will when it comes to pc I don't like using controllers so ps4 is out for me.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#7  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

The reviews I have read have peaked my interest, therefore I am below 75%. I may eventually pick this up. We will see.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I'll probably finally mess around with MH Freedom Unite I bought on sale so many years ago without looking anything up so I can quickly bounce off of it and quench my current MH curiosity. MHW looks great and I want it in my life but I simply can't commit to it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bybeach: I love what I've played of these games and can't wait to dive into this one, but I'm not a die hard thousands of hours type. That said, in my slightly limited experience I feel they've pretty drastically changed things while still remaining in the Monster Hunter framework. I feel they can only go so far with quality of life shit before they change what the game fundamentally is and anger the majority of the hardcore fans. So I don't think it can really get away from the bashing at monsters endlessly style. I'm glad it's majorly tweaked yet still the same game at heart. But maybe I'm wrong and it could have been altered even further and remained Momster Hunter.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally the days of wanting to cut of my hands after playing monster hunter on a 3ds for two hours are over !!! no more arthritis ! Heal the world of arthritis Monster Hunter World !

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MattGiersoni

2000%, I was super hyped and once reviews came out yesterday (91 average!) I got hyped up even more. Picking this up on ps4 in an hour, insanely excited. I love the feeling of hype and an amazing new game coming out! My first MH, loved the beta and I'm 1000% sure I will love the full game too!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I played 2 hours last night and I'm still at 2000%. This poll is surprisingly evenly split.

jimmyoct87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about 3-4 hours in and I can honestly say, It's Monster Hunter without all the annoying fluff

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Looks cool. My son wants to play it, too. I think I heard it does Xbox One X pretty well. I’m not sure I’d get many friends on-board without some super-glowing impressions, though.

Seriously considering grabbing a digital copy to share with him...not sure about all those friggin cats, though.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played 20mins of the beta, I'm good.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm at about 100% Hype. The problem is, I can't make up my mind if I want to get it for PS4 or just wait for the PC release. I do 90% of my gaming on PC and prefer it but I really want to play MHW now. I doubt the hype would stay the whole year so I may just get it on PS4 to enjoy it now, but the thought of play on PC is much better to me, and its also where most of my friends would be so it makes it a hard decision.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm about as hyped as I can be for someone who has bounced off several previous versions. I've seen and read enough about Monster Hunter that it's seems like the kind of thing I could get behind, but they've never been able to hold my interest long enough to get over the initial learning curve. The fact that World has trimmed a lot of the boring stuff and isn't cramped onto a handheld/can be played with proper controls for a change means I'll give the series another shot though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.