Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter: World

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise features much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It allows players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

How are people who haven't played any or much of the previous games liking this?

• 103 results
    nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@dagas: I agree that more fast-striking weapons would be nice.

I like the bow for it’s quick attacks. Kiting and quick shots work great, and the B,B,B (or O,O,O) attack is satisfying enough. It also has a nice dodge move if you evade twice quickly.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Everything's great now that I have discovered the one true weapon, Charge blade.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Never played anything else in the series, despite owning 4 on wii u. I'm loving my first foray in Monster Hunter. Really digging the double blades. I love the speed they allow. The tutorials frontloaded felt a bit much at first, but it wasn't too overwhelming. Looking forward to playing more and if I get really into it, I wouldn't be against visiting some of the older titles in the future.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By MattGiersoni

Finally got to high rank after 25 hours. I'm playing solo and loving it! Game seems to really open up, I thought I was done with the story, but nope apparently there's more. Awesome. Kinda reminds of that fakeout ending in MGS V and switching to chapter 2. This feels as if I finished MHW part 1 and jumped into part 2. Excited to see more. Diablos fight was probably the hardest one so far, I did it first try with 1 faint left, rathalos was pretty easy. I've been using the long sword since the beginning and probably gonna stick to it for the time being, it's great. I might take a short break from MHW and play something else, but I'm super excited to get back in. Game is so goood. Honestly I did most quests first try I think which surprised me. Seeing a new monster, especially a big one is just so intimidating and made me anxious. The thrill of the hunt! I was pretty close to dying with Tobi Kadachi and Anja but managed. I know comparing MHW to Soulsborne is dumb, but I genuinely feel my experience with that series helped me here. Stuff like watching monster patterns, deliberate attacks instead of mashing etc. which are habits I got from Souls. Just wanted to share my thoughts after "beating" low rank. Happy hunting everyone!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.