Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Edge killzone review - 7/10, Finally an honest review

• 66 results
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Jayge_
    TeflonBilly said:
    "What the hell? Edge actually treats video games as an industry with history and worth outside money in the pockets of publishers and developers.
    I've often disagreed with their reviews, but never found them to be unreasonable in their assessment of stuff.
    Hell, from any other publications, I'd consider 7 a travesty from the impression I have of Killzone 2 so far. Let me stress that IMPRESSION!
    But seeing fanboy morons who've never even heard of this mag before impugn their credibility really ticks me off."
    Edge. Is. Nothing. Special. Repeat that several times. Realization will come eventually.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    Wraith said:
    "http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-273483.aspx

i Knew i could trust Edge to give an honest review.  

I already canceled my preorder after playing that horrible demo with borken controls, as did most of my clan members from socom. Screw you Guerilla games, shove your garbage control scheme.
    "
    You are quite an ignorant baboon aren't you? Bad control Scheme? Did it ever struck you the idea that you CAN change the layout from an option called: OPTIONS?? Just wondering, because, you DO sound like a pity ignorant brat.
    Cheerios mate, hope you enjoy SOCOM, cause I do as well but, KZ2 is a completely different thing kiddo.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry bro, but we're just gonna have to disagree there.
    Their features are way more in-depth than any fluff piece blowing the proverbial dick of the next big blockbuster.
    I will resign myself to saying they've lost a step or two over the last couple of years, but they're still a step above most publications in credibility.
    When people who have a keen interest in the industry and not just people wanting the latest graphical wankfest mention Edge, you notice it's slightly more revered than Nintendo Power and whatnot. Seriously, please direct me to a magazine which would be the equivalent of Edge on the market now?
    No offense to NESter and Howard :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get2sammyb said:

"
    That guy will still never top Chad-daddy

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Wraith said:
    "http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-273483.aspx

i Knew i could trust Edge to give an honest review.  

I already canceled my preorder after playing that horrible demo with borken controls, as did most of my clan members from socom. Screw you Guerilla games, shove your garbage control scheme.
    "
    So because it's low, it must be honest right?

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

"Six hundred dollars ain't nothin to Chad Wood, Chad Wood whipes his ass with six hundred dollars"  LOL, thats fucked up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiveOrDie1212 said:
    ""Six hundred dollars ain't nothin to Chad Wood, Chad Wood whipes his ass with six hundred dollars"  LOL, thats fucked up."
    C-wizzy is one of the reasons I own a PSTripple. Fuck taht Patriots jock trying to co-opt it and calling it the PSTrey.

BALLIN'!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By jakob187

I may not personally care for KZ2 at all (and after playing the demo at Pip's house, I still don't), but that doesn't mean people aren't entitled to their own opinions.  From what I'm to understand, tons of people love the thing...and that's cool.  In 4 or 5 months, that's when we'll see if it's still the game everyone has been expecting.  The first KZ got great reviews when it came out, but people quickly tired of it.  Now, the multiplayer on that was very stripped down, basic, and online wasn't a huge deal at the time.

From the reviews I've read, the single player campaign is pretty bare bones and kind of dry, while the multiplayer is fucking phenomenal.  That may hold true for a while, too.  Fucked if I know.  I'm not a psychic.  If I were a psychic, though, I would say that KZ2 will have a huge player base to start and then you will see it slowly dwindle away until, in about 5 months, the community is about 50% less than when it started.  Hopefully, that won't happen, because it would be nice to see the PS3 get a first-party title that kills it in the multiplayer online market.  I don't hate the PS3, but it's been underwhelming to me this generation.

In the end, though...that review was pretty horrible.  =  /  Also, don't mention the word "SOCOM", as that franchise died long ago.
    Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Jensonb
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "PercyChuggs said:
    "Jensonb said:
    "...

When did 7 become a bad score?

-Points to Wraith's description of Demo and controls, looks at score, scratches head-

Bad games do not get Sevens! Seven is good!"
    7 is one step above mediocre."
    O NOES!!!!!

Come on, is this even an issue? Big deal, it's a score. Live with it."

I think your maths is bad.

10/2=5

7-5=2

Ergo 7 is 2 steps above mediocre
    BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By BawlZINmotion

Edge named Halo 3 most innovative game of the year for 2007. Love or hate Halo 3, was it really the most innovative game in 2007? No. So I think I'll flush their opinion of Killzone 2, and every other game, right down my clockwise swirling toilet. Thanks.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Red

It's not my type of game, but if you're complaining that it doesn't control as well as SOCOM then you might as well fall off a cliff.

Also, why do you care about reviews? You're just using them to validate your opinion. It's just a game, Edge gave their opinion, IGN gave their opinion and somehow Edge's is better?

Don't say that it's because you played the demo because it's just a demo.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pause422

"It's not my type of game, but if you're complaining that it doesn't control as well as SOCOM then you might as well fall off a cliff."

hah, that is pretty true. I'm not going to agree with any of the higher reviews it got so far or this one(not even including the fact that its edge and they're terrible) I'll judge it when I play it for myself, as should everyone. Does someone agreeing with your opinion make you that turned on that you'll just jump all over it now?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TwoOneFive

saw this on gaf a while back, i find it very relevant now. 

anyways this is a load of shit. i really liked the controls, it feels great to me. had no complaints. just changed it from default to alt 2 and bang fantastic. and the demo was great, despite being so short. 
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    get2sammyb said:

"
      Pretty amazing Video , the way he talked about killzone 2 was really special , profoundly informal and utterly fun . made my night !!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Pretty amazing Video , the way he talked about killzone 2 was really special , profoundly informal and utterly fun . made my night !!!"
    He is truly a gentleman and a scholar
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gizmo
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "Jayge said:
    "Wraith said:
    "
    my clan members from socom.
    "
    Wraith said:
    "
    garbage control scheme.
    "
    Wraith said:
    "
    socom
    "
    Dude... what?"
    +9 and counting. That made me laugh, btw.

@ the TC, if you don't like a game, don't say that a review is "right" or not because of what your opinion is. Killzone 2 is gonna be bad-ass, but there are bound to be a few reviews out there that give it an average review.  Every game has that."
    Halo 3 had that, MGS4 got  a 6/10 from Eurogamer ffs!
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pibo47
    TeflonBilly said:
    C-wizzy is one of the reasons I own a PSTripple. Fuck taht Patriots jock trying to co-opt it and calling it the PSTrey.

BALLIN'!"
    You must live a sad existence to listen to thins moron and take anything away from it.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TwoOneFive
    BothBarsOn said:
    "... i.e. "Finally! A review that I personally agree with."
    So, what,  you think everyone else is being dishonest when they said they loved it? They really weren't that impressed but, tee hee, decided to lie?

Come on.
    "
    for real, this is the only reply that was necessary. this guy actually is trying to say that every other review (i think there is like 40 now?) was totally dishonest and lied. fucking dumbass. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TwoOneFive

btw, everyone in my SOCOM clan is buying this game (we have 30+ members). Most of have pre-ordered it too. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.