Your Most Anticipated Game of 2021?

• 61 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Your Most Anticipated Game of 2021? (303 votes)

12 Minutes 3%
Axiom Verge 2 1%
Bravely Default 2 1%
Deathloop 6%
Destruction AllStars 0%
Far Cry 6 1%
Ghostwirse: Tokyo 2%
God of War Ragnarok 9%
Goodbye Volcano High 0%
Gotham Knights 1%
Gran Turismo 7 2%
Guilty Gear Strive 2%
Halo Infinite 9%
Hitman 3 9%
Hogwarts Legacy 3%
Horizon Forbiddden West 5%
JETT: The Far Shore 0%
Kena: Bridge of Spirits 1%
Little Devi Inside 1%
Little Nightmares 2 0%
Mass Effect Legendary Edition 3%
Monster Hunter Rise 3%
Monster Hunter Stories 2 0%
Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139... 3%
No More Heroes III 1%
Outriders 0%
Pesona 5 Strikers 3%
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake 0%
Psychonauts 2 2%
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 0%
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart 4%
Resident Evil Village 7%
Returnal 0%
Rune Factory 5 1%
Sable 0%
Shin Megami Tensei V 5%
Solar Ash 1%
Stray 0%
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury 1%
The Gunk 1%
The Medium 0%
Others 5%
Poll 5%

Some of these may not come out net year but let's give them the benefit of doubt for now.

• 
bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I said Ragnarok but only because BOTW II wasn't an option. It has not been announced for 2021 specifically but it seems pretty likely.

Also why is Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on this list? It's...out. Now.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I said Deathloop, but I'm equally excited for Horizon: Forbidden West. I chose Deathloop for the sake of the poll due to the fact that it's different from Horizon (which is a known quantity).

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a mod is willing to delete this thread, I would like to remake it w botw2 in the poll

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Always down for some more SMT, but I really want to see what Digimon Survive ends up being. If they just took Digimon and crammed it into a Fire Emblem game, I am there for that, as the kids say.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Elden Ring? No Vote...

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

MASS EFFECT 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Is it sad that Mass Effect Legendary Edition might be my most anticipated?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

In a poll where one's vote is based solely on unfounded expectations because a majority of the games are either technically unannounced or exist as literally only a single trailer with barely any gameplay, I decided to do the only proper thing and vote for The Gunk.

In actuality, that game is probably just some kind of platformer-with-cartoonish-art-style a la Ratchet & Clank, which isn't actually the kind of thing I would most anticipate.

My less fun but actually serious vote would probably go to Returnal, because I just want to know what the hell that is. Or maybe 12 Minutes or Stray, for similar "what the hell is this" reasons. Overall though, I'm kinda lukewarm on all of the titles listed, if I must be brutally honest.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By imhungry

Where's the Cyberpunk 2077 option?

My answer will probably shift between Deathloop, Shin Megami Tensei V and Monster Hunter Rise depending on the day I get asked; I will say that I got extremely excited when they announced Rune Factory 5, but I also don't want that game to come out because it'll probably take over my life for a little while.

EDIT: As I was answering another thread, I realised my true answer is the as-yet unannounced next expansion for FF14. If they stick to their schedule it should be headed for a mid-2021 release but who knows in times like these.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Went with Halo Infinite but also very excited for Hitman 3.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

'12 minutes' looks legit amazing.I've been excited for that game for some time. 'It Takes Two' which was shown off during tonights game awards looks like a really fun co-op game and it looks gorgeous. I really just like the way it looks. There was also a bunch of other announcements for new games but 2 games caught my eye and they're both about road trips. One is 'Open Roads' from FullBright which had a really cool style of merging 3D with 2D hand drawn characters and the other is 'Road 96' that's a procedurally generated road trip adventure about fleeing from a tyrannical regime. There was also a bunch of others that looked great but honestly if things go as planned with these releases, 2021 is going to be nuts.

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The correct answer is Ultimate ADOM aka ADOM 2 (aka JADE?) after 500 years of promises.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By bybeach

I wouldn't say it is my most anticipated, since I am looking at this poll to even see what 2021 offers.

But besides a few other games, I really enjoyed Axiom Verge when I played it a year or so ago.

So Axiom Verge 2 sounds great!

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Hitman 3. It’s a very solid series and I have no doubt 3 will be just as good as 1&2.

P5 Strikers maybe, I never really got into Warriors games but the Persona 5 flavor and story makes me want to play it.

For others I put FF16, I have a feeling it will be released holiday 2021. After playing FF7R and DMC5 I am very hyped for that game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I don't have any confidence it will drop in 2021, but Dying Light 2.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really looking forward to Horizon Forbiddden West & God of War Ragnarok will likely grab Ratchet as well, and Returnal depending on price.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stantongrouse

There's a few I am looking forward to but the thought of some fresh, fresh Hitman is by the biggest pull for me.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 24

Can't wait to finally kill [REDACATED] in Hitman 3!

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as what I KNOW I will enjoy, it's Hitman 3. I'm very excited for Deathloop too but it kinda has a look about it that says to me "this could go wrong/be a mess/not be as good as it looks/not come out in 2021." There are a few other games that I will probably enjoy or be surprised by but those are the big 2.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Unannounced FF14 Expansion
Ratchet & Clank
God of War

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Of that list, I picked GT7 and hoping to a see a return of single-player mode.

glik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whichever of Platinum's four currently in-development games that manages to come out next year. Besides that, Ghostwire: Tokyo because it's the only unknown quantity of the games I'm interested in.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Breath of the Wild 2, but since that's not an option its a toss up between SMT5 and Ghostwire Tokyo. Gonna go with Ghostwire, I hear that game is spooky.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Probably a tie between Nier 1.2247... and Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Also curious about Stray and Vampire the Masquerade 2.

MalibuProfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To add three+1 other games to the mix, I'm hopeful, at the moment, that Evil Genius 2 will deliver on the premise and promise of the original while improving upon it.

Also on the strategy front, I'm curious what Humankind will bring to the Civ/4x genre in the upcoming spring.

And while it hasn't been announced for next year (yet?), Hollow Knight: Silksong is blinking on my interest radar because Hollow Knight was great.

Oh, and Psychonauts 2 is.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the List it would be Bravely Default 2 and Monster Hunter Rise barely edging each other out. Not on the list are the myriad of indie strategy/building PC games and that still have a coming soon tag on them.

CracklyKlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman 3 all the way, with honorable mention to Deathloop.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoW, Mass Effect, and Warhammer Dark Tide are the top for me. Props to Dark Tide for actually showing gameplay.

If Elite Dangerous has good FPS combat I might check it out once the out of ship update comes out.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gran Turismo 7 but mainly because that series has really taken some turns since 4. Trial Mountain, though. Gimme that.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman 3 is probably the most anticipated, in part because that game feels real and it’s coming soon. I’m excited for GOW and a few others, but those are abstract enough that I’m not really thinking about those yet.

KeithFlavored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to feel Bowser's fury. It's all I am living for

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Really tough call between Horizon and God of War; wound up voting for Horizon because its combat system was my favorite video game thing of the last generation full stop.

That being said, I'm in the camp that found most of the story in Aloy's timeline pretty standard and buoyed substantially by the discoveries made about the past along the way, to the point that when the game dropped that post-credits stinger I was a little disappointed Horizon wasn't going to be one-and-done.

So I'm looking forward to playing a lot more Horizon, but I wouldn't be surprised if the next God of War is more satisfying in all regards.

From what I know about the rest of the games, 12 Minutes and Ratchet & Clank also stand out to me, though I think 12 Minutes is not coming to Playstation anytime soon?

From what I know about something not on the list, I'm greatly looking forward to Disco Elysium: The Final Cut. Hopefully the voice acting is up to par, though I suppose I could easily turn that off and just enjoy the game the way PC players clearly did if the VA sucks.

aiomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The game could be a pile of garbage and I can't not say Hogwarts Legacy. JKR sucks ass, but I've wanted a game in that universe since I was a kid.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nothing coming out next year has me especially champing at the bit. I'm far more interested in Gotham Knights than I would have guessed and I'll probably get a PS5 for God of War or Horizon, but I don't know if I'm strongly anticipating any of them. If Starfield gets a 2021 release date, that'll shoot to the top of the list.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'm hoping UFO 50 will actually come out next year...it probably won't, but

No Caption Provided

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elden Ring

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh...looking over that list, there is little I'm interested in that isn't some fancy remake of an older thing, save for like Hitman 3. I would have voted God of War but I highly, highly don't expect that to ship next year.

I am legit excited to see how they wrap up the Hitman story though, loved the narrative in the new Hitman 1 and 2

denisxcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So psyched for Hitman 3. While I hope it isn't delayed, I'd rather it be delayed and good than released broken/full of bugs.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ry_Ry

I voted for Goodbye Volcano High, but there's a bunch of great games on this list.

@denisxcore: Isn't Hitman 3 basically running on the same engine as 2? I'd think it'll ship in pretty good shape.

MalibuProfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot to mention Circuit Superstars, which was announced in 2019. As someone who's enjoyed old school top-down racing games (namely Ignition, GeneRally, Death Rally, Slicks 'n' Slide, Super Off Road and Super Cars II) when growing up, Circuit Superstars seems to have potential to add to that lineage of games.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

15 games on that list I'm more or less interested in, but it's a battle between Deathloop (almost just because Arkane, but that game also looks cool and has a neat premise) and Ratchet & Clank (because I've wanted a new R&C for so long and while the remake was ok, it's already been almost five years since that one too!).

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God of War: Ragnarok. That's the only thing that would tempt me to get a PS5. I didn't even know it was supposed to come out next year... we've seen so little of it that I bet it will be delayed. Other than that, Psychonauts 2. Also, Subnautica: Below Zero. And... whatever big games Nintendo comes out with.

RoyalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to know the smell of the game

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tp0p

Cyberpunk 2077: game of the year edition where they fix all the bugs and include all the dlc. Aka when they have the "complete" edition

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Pretty excited to play Ys IX.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CreepingDeath0

Huh.... I'm shock at how little I'm interested in 2021's lineup so far.

I put my vote toward 12 minutes. Been fascinated by that game since it's reveal.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Zelda in the poll?

I know it hasn't actually been announced for 2021, but it has to be a 2021 game, right? RIGHT?

For a game they openly said would reuse the world of Breath of the Wild, it sure is taking a long time. March will be 4 years since Breath of the Wild came out. Even if we concede they didn't start working on it until after all the BotW DLC was out, we still passed the 3 year mark a few days ago. Either they are adding a lot to the game beyond the world and core mechanics of Breath of the Wild, or development is having serious issues. Hopefully the it's the former.

Anyway, if that game fixes the major issues I had with BotW while retaining the stuff I loved about, it could be my Game of All Time.

Since that wasn't on the poll, I voted for Horizon. I adored Zero Dawn and think they've got something really special on their hands with the world they've created. Can't wait to see where that series goes next.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers