What are you playing at the moment?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

I've spent most of my time doing side stuff. Board and guild missions, trade runs, the occasional story mission.

Then I tried out mining. Holy jeez, if you want to make money fast go mining. It's so much more profitable than running missions. Many times more profitable. I spent a few hours mining in Texas (the starting system), and ended up with a fully equipped Coyote (the best combat ship I've found in the half of the map I've been to).

My advice is before you go mining give it a think first. How important to you is the sense of progression through upgrading your ship and equipment? If it's not important: go mining. If it is: maybe don't.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Currently playing Genesis the new ps4/controller moba, No Mans Sky in vr and Elex. Enjoying all 3 more than I probably should be.

Taking a break from my pc due to a bad shoulder and it's been surprisingly fun to go back to console.

KnockingNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently playing through Bloodborne again, it's just sooooooooo good.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Started Devil May Cry 5 since it's on Game Pass now. I really don't enjoy playing as V. I already kind of don't like playing Devil May Cry. I assume it's because I actually played Bayonetta before I played any Devil May Cry and just think Bayonetta flows better. The Nero sections of 4, and thus 5, are the most enjoyable parts for me, simply because Nero has the grappling hook thing to draw in enemies and/or cover distance. But boy... I really don't enjoy playing as V. I'm just mashing on buttons and hoping for the best. I think part of it too is that the camera is pulled so far back when you're pets attack, while your character is staying away from the action, that I can't actually tell what is going on.

tacobelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopped in my backlog a bit. I started watching some old GB Hitman content, got introduced to Sheikh Zanzibar, and I just had to play Hitman. I like it but work and life have been a bit busy, leaving not a lot of time to video games.

I'm planning on playing Destiny again, with cross save I won't have to pick and choose my platforms!

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bulk Slash on Saturn

Macross Delta on Vita

3rd playthrough of DMCV

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apex Legends. Everyday. GOTY.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Need for Speed 2015 in anticipation for Need for Speed Heat.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Crushing through the backlog at the moment, rotating these 8 games an hour/chapter at a time.

• DMC5 - Finished it earlier today and it was everything I wanted, which surprised me a lot. It has so much in common with DMC3 stylistically, and so many cool references and links to it (I expected none!). Great video game. Fun, stylish, shiny, metal mayhem. 5/5
  • CrossCode - Dreamy-smooth combat, memorable characters and writing, neat concept, stylish boss designs, fan-fucking-tastic music. Love it so much. Iconoclasts, Hotline Miami and this may be the three best modern 16-bit games I've played.
  • Thief (reboot) - Also finished this today, and it was far, far worse than critics even said it was. Sluggish, dull, grey, bland, atrocious story, repetitive mechanics, ridiculous A.I., boring upgrades. It's a big pile o' shit. 1/5
  • Black Mesa (HL1 Remake) - Half-way through, and it's impressed me so much. It puts the '90s classic right alongside HL2 on a technical level, much like my memory already had, but to see it all brought to new life whilst retaining the same flair and atmosphere has been thrilling and reignited my passion for it. So glad to be playing, finally; never finished the last chapter (I know it's not finished yet). 5/5
  • Kentucky Route Zero - This is a wonderfully weird thing, huh? I love the surreal imagery paired with the sharp and characterful dialogue, and the writing overall. I'd put this up there with Oxenfree in that sense, though the similarities are few. This is more minimal, with tinges of Lynch and neo-noir sensibilities. Right up my alley. 4/5
  • FEAR: Extraction Point - I was informed this DLC was even better than the main campaign, which is a blatant lie, but other than that, it's pretty good. The Alma scares have been very weak, but the action is fiery as ever. Intense and satisfying combat zones aplenty. 3.5/5
  • Lego City Undercover - Love the LEGO interpretation of San Francisco. The abilities are pretty creative so far (chapter 10). My fave is the farmer disguise, he holds up a chicken like a tommy gun and shoots eggs, and can glide off rooftops by holding onto its feet. The main draw was the '70s cop show vibes, and it nails it, even if the humour hits as often as it misses. When it hits, it really tickles me, though. It's all over the place, but I'm enjoying it. 3.5/5
  • Bioshock 2 Remastered - Won't go into detail, but I forgot how much I liked the sequel. It's . . . great? The graphical touch-up it's received is surprisingly striking, also, even in 2019. 4/5
cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Future Cop: L.A.P.D

I only ever played the demo on PC, so i'm happy to be finally diving in to the spiritual end of the Strike series.
I couldn't get it working on PC, and certain emulators couldn't unscale the game without glitches, but i finally got it working flawlessly, 4x the resolution and widescreen, it's awesome.

No Caption Provided

iamwongchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone played the game on VR(Virtual Reality) or AR(Augmented Reality). Try it sometimes, well these days i'm playing night of the undead in VR and it is so amazing. Sometimes it feels like your not playing game, its happening. The graphics, sound everything is so amazing.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally dove deep into Bully. I've not long ditched the classroom schedule but a nice side effect of that structure is how short the missions are. It's quickly developing into one of my Rockstar favourites.

Sidebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame: such an underrated gem. Played so much of this as a kid, especially the co-op mode.

I just finished Dark Souls 2 for the first time. Bought it new for PS3 when it first came out and didn't like it. Bought the Scholer of the First Sins on PS4 and wow, was I wrong about this game. Still love Demon's and Dark 1 more but Dark Souls 2 is a special game that deserves love.

Aaaand now I'm getting back into Spelunky as another game I never did beat or get good at.

Also Sniper Elite 4 as a PSPlus game is awesome, playing a lot of that now, it's a blast.

infinity_thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lot of Madden lately and really liking it. First time I'm really getting into one in a couple years and I've missed some football. Dabbling in MUT and rolling in my franchises.

Also playing some forza horizon 4 and overwatch. Hope to get on a Sims kick again soon.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Bane

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

I finished the main mission and all of the side missions if my empty mission log is to be believed. I suspect there's at least one more side mission that'll unlock an NPC as a wingman, though. It just hasn't popped up yet.

The game does a lot of things right until you get the top tier ship. Once you have no more need for credits it kind of falls apart. At least it did for me when I decided to focus on the story. I had no more need for most of the game's content. Trading commodities, the mission boards, distress signals, exploration - all of it got shelved.

The game became a loading screen simulator as I traveled as quickly as possible between story beats. Travel through seven systems to get to the mission giver (who all insist on meeting face-to-face for no good reason), talk for 15 seconds, travel through three systems to fight some guys, travel three systems back, talk for 10 seconds, mission over. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

10-20 minutes of travel, 5 minutes of combat, 30 seconds of story. The game is not good when it's played this way. If you decide to play this game, which I still believe you should, I highly recommend you don't take the same path I did.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grabbed DMC5 (not to be confused with the good one, DmC) on gamepass and had a lot of fun. Up to what looks like the final V mission and I don't know if I am going to finish it. I LOVE playing as Nero and really enjoy (lame) Dante but V just feels bad. Maybe I am missing something or not understanding some of his mechanics well, but every fight just boils down to feeling like I am spamming normals until I can Devil Trigger because none of his specials are that useful or flow well.

Tried The Surge again and rage quit pretty hard over the horrible opening areas. Might give that another go, but I think I am more likely to just install Dark Souls 1 or 2 and do another run of that.

And on the side I am doing a nice mix of Satisfactory (NUCLEAR POWER!!!) and Tales of Maj'Eyal to varying degrees.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#67 chaser324  Moderator

@gundato:I just finished DMCV last weekend, and I had the same problem with it.

I enjoyed playing as both Nero and Dante, but playing as V was simply not fun. I also just generally wasn't a fan of the forced character switching from mission to mission - it made it tough to really get things dialed in with any one character.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: I think that definitely doesn't help.

I think if I had a game full of lame-Dante I would be in love. Switching styles mid-combo is great and I love that the different weapons have more variety and flow than just about any previous DMC (maybe not DmC, but it is a close bet). But since I only started playing as him maybe an hour ago I am mostly sticking to one or two styles and not bothering to swap weapons as much. If only because I have limited orbs and don't know who they are going to make me play as next.

Contrast that with Nero who has a MUCH simpler moveset, but I managed to learn his B&Bs pretty fast and I can control a room pretty easily as him. And it has been a long standing complaint of mine that the DMC games tend to build movesets around the weapon, rather than the character. So if you want to play Dante correctly there is a fair amount of impedance mismatching to deal with and you tend to learn one or two transitions. Nero only really has the one weapon which means they had time to focus a lot more on different ways to use him.

Still, I am the one person who really enjoyed RE6's casual co-op aspects. I don't like having "And Starring: Weedsmoker420_JustBlzeIt-XxX" on my screen the entire time and have no recollection of ever even seeing one of those players. But the idea of going for that in a spectacle fighter makes me mostly overlook the inability to really get comfortable with anyone.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Far Cry 5.

@bane: So on a Freelancer scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "not very much like Freelancer", and a 10 being "it's better than Freelancer", how much is Rebel Galaxy Outlaw like Freelancer?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: Hmm, it's been a long time since I've played Freelancer, but I think a 6 or 7 sounds about right.

The overall framework is about the same. Go to the bars to talk with people and gather info. Trade commodities. Take missions from the mission boards. Go mining. All of that is so you can increase your wealth to buy equipment to improve your ship or buy a new ship altogether.

RGO adds in a cockpit view which I don't think Freelancer had? I don't remember using it if it did. RGO also benefits from many years of game engine development so surely it's technically superior. RGO requires way too much travel though. Way too much. Also the incentive to engage with the various activities goes off a cliff once you no longer need money. I don't remember those two things happening in Freelancer.

Freelancer has a lot more ships, like two or three times as many. Possibly more equipment also, I can't remember. I think Freelancer was better at exploration. I remember you could find powerful, experimental equipment for your ship if you looked hard enough. In RGO all you'll find is commodities you can sell which is boring and not worth the effort.

So yeah. It's Freelancer with an improved engine. As long as you don't short circuit your progression by mining your way to riches and buying the best ship before you leave the starting system it should be a good ride.

sakesushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on that FE: Three Houses train, rollin' with Golden Deer for my first playthrough and planning on playing through the other two houses. So yeah, this'll be my main game for a while. Also throwing up Pyre whenever baby gives Mommy and Daddy a minute to ourselves, though for as fantastic as the game's world, characters, and atmosphere are, I kinda hate the actual gameplay itself. Doesn't feel good at all, and I don't anticipate anything new being introduced helping my case out.

My wife loves FMV games, so I'm super interested in both Telling Lies and Erica. I loved Her Story and have heard good things about both games in general, so I think it would be a fun surprise for the two of us to check out!

I'm also finally swirling ideas in my head for a Mario Maker level, so hopefully I can have something for Ben and Dan to check out (if I can tear myself away from FE, that is).

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I finally beat Yakuza Kiwami (it was fucking great) and have downloaded Kiwami 2.

I also downloaded Control, which I hope to sink some time into this weekend.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Managed to squeeze in about an hour of Control tonight...seems pretty cool, so far!

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Haha with the lack of games i'm interested in right now i'm awaiting Gears 5 and currently playing through Dead Space (again) on backwards compat on Xbone and standard Apex Legends for an hour each night on Ps4.. just passing the time for the Q4 releases.

Thegoldfether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've been regularly playing War Thunder for the last year. I just finished Doom and Wolfenstein 2 and now i'm onto Metro Exodus,

as far as old games i'm catch up on i started playing Middle earth Shadow of War Last night to make a video review for it

Shadow of War: $10 latter

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Been playing Marvel's Spiderman on PS4. It's really good and I am having a blast playing it. About 60% done with it, story is just amazing and I really can't put it down.

Beat Gears of War Judgement since I had gotten Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3 and Gears of War Judgement a few years from playing Gears of War Ultimate Edition online. Overall it was alright though I played it on easy mode, a bit short though I died a ton near the end of the final boss. I started Aftermath and am almost done with that.

Gears of War 4, I started playing it in preparation for Gears of War 5. It's fun and looks amazing on Xbox One, I am terrible at the online horde mode even on the easiest difficulty setting. I haven't been keeping up with the franchise since Gears of War 2. I never was a diehard Gears of War fan when the series started.

Since I got Xbox Game Pass I downloaded Super Lucky's Tale. It's a fun game though I find it a bit challenging when you play the 2D levels. You play as a fox named Lucky who looks like Tails from Sonic, he even sounds like Tails. Played through a few of the worlds and it really feels like the type of game I would have enjoyed if I was a kid. I just wish that the controls were a bit tighter as I miss a few jumps when doing the platforming.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bane said:

I missed out on the Halo series. It's always been a pretty big gap on my gaming record. I was looking for something to play and decided to try The Master Chief Collection on Game Pass.

I played through Halo 1-3. They aren't good. Maybe they were 12+ years ago, but not now. They feel like Bungie didn't even bother to try balancing them. There are way too many situations with too many enemies, and too many ways to be one-hit killed. Or maybe game design has changed since then. Or maybe I'm just getting too old for that shit.

Then I wondered why I was playing them and the answer was: the story. That's all I really cared about.

So I played Halo 4 on easy and it was awesome. It has more story beats, better level design, fun weapons, and it was the first Halo that felt like a modern game. It's peak Halo in my opinion.

Halo 5 is also on Game Pass so I played that too. I think it's mechanically superior to 4, but the story isn't as good. I somehow missed a key event when Fireteam Osiris' mission changed from apprehend to rescue which muddled the back half of the story a bit.

I'll probably get around to ODST and Reach later. Maybe after Reach is added to the MCC later this year.

Overall I'm glad I filled in that gap.

I need to play The Master Chief Collection, it's always been on my gaming list as I never got into series though have played a little bit of the first three games, ODST and Reach. I am just thinking that the series might not hold up as well as I really sucked at it back then. I always hated how you died so easily and enemies appearing out of nowhere.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Code Vien.

Pretty disappointing to get frame rate issues on a 9900K and 2080 Ti, but I'm fairly confident that Bamco Namdai will iron that out. Other than that, it's basically the Souls for weebs that I wanted. I'm pretty satisfied with it.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen:

I'm currently playing this as well(along with Surge 2) and it is nice to play this type of game with more of a linear story structure compared to From's games(I guess Nioh would also count as having such a structure). I haven't put a ton of time into it but I feel like it's job system mechanics, combat and story is enough to keep me going at a steady pace.

No Caption Provided

Also the character customization rivals that of some Korean MMM is with deep customization choices. While this might not move the needle for some people I've spent a ton of time my character and I intend to change my look depending on any major piece of gear I'm wearing at the time.

Is it gaudy to have so many accessories at once? Yes! but the game let's me put all this stuff on so I'm doing it.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing Link's Awakening (Switch version, obviously.) I played the original decades ago, and my memory is a bit hazy, but I remember it being one of the best in the series, and my favorite 2D Zelda. I wasn't sure how I would respond to it after all these years, but it absolutely holds up! It's very fun, with a great sense of exploration, and is absolutely adorable. Minor nitpicks...

1) There are some serious framerate issues. Not gamebreaking, but definitely hinders my enjoyment. There is just no good excuse for this - Nintendo should not have released the game in this state without fixing this issue. Optimize your code, Nintendo!

2) I cannot remember the script well from the original, but I think little has been changed here, judging by the terseness of all the conversation. Many characters only give one or two lines. I don't need Final Fantasy-levels of dialogue, but this game has a nice story, and I really would have liked to see it fleshed out more. A few simple cut scenes, more lore about the island, mysterious hints about the nature of the Wind Fish, more interaction with Marin... this would have really given the game more emotional pull. Still, I'm only three dungeons in, so maybe there's more to it later.

3) The triangles of power or whatever they are are more annoying than they are useful. They mess up the flow of the music, and the game's easy enough without them. I avoid them whenever I can.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up Ori and the Blind Forest - for Switch, obvs. It's pretty good but I have some mixed feelings. It's very different from what I expected. For some reason I thought it was mostly a platformer, with some Metroid-style elements, but it seems to be more of a traditional Metroid.

First, the good -

- The game is very pretty. It has an art style I can only describe as "new-age-glowy". Literally everything is glowing at all times. I do wish it would have a bit more variety - maybe some more naturalistic-looking areas in addition to new-age-glowy. The port is VERY good, and with the exception of scenes with one particular character, the frame rate is rock-solid, seemingly 60fps. The music is pretty good as well.

- The controls are very tight and smooth. It feels good to jump around.

- The storyline is intriguing, if a bit abstruse.

The bad -

- There is a LOT of combat - there are enemies everywhere that both dish out and soak up quite a lot of damage for this type of game. The combat is strange - there is no Metroid-style aiming or melee. Instead you just spam the Y button and lightning bolts zap your enemies automatically. This means there's not a lot of finesse or skill to it. But I've probably died 100x in the few hours I've played. It's pretty unforgiving. Attacks aren't very well telegraphed, and it's very easy to confuse enemy projectiles with resource orbs - like I said, EVERYTHING is glowy. I feel like you could remove most of the enemies and the game wouldn't lose much charm. Overall, the combat isn't nearly as impactful as it is in, say, Hollow Knight.

- The game doesn't autosave when you pick up upgrades, so it's easy to lose progress. You can save anywhere, but it uses up a resource that could be used for other abilities - basically punishing you for saving. The punishment is pretty light, though, as the resource is fairly plentiful. Once I realized that, I started saving constantly, which made the game much less of a headache.

Overall, I am intrigued but not amazed. I want to keep playing to see where it goes.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm putting Sekiro on ice. It's not good for my health, to be honest. I'm used to my first runs of From games being car crashes but the hours I've poured into very little progress makes me question how I spend my time.

It's demanding and it can be devastating for Genichiro to whip out the bow attacks twice whilst your arse is grounded from the first. I need a break from it and might just be happy to let it sit on the shelf for weeks or months.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, I played a couple more hours of Ori and I have to revise my impressions. The game picks up the pace quite a bit after you get a certain upgrade which makes traversal MUCH more interesting. Definitely gonna finish this one.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

while waiting for The Surge 2 to get some much needed patching before I buy it I’ve been chipping away at DMC5 bit by bit.

All these combos, all these weapons and movesets, all these spectacular cutscenes and I find this game so incredibly dull - the V levels are especially bad as I find my fingers sore from hammering away at my bird-gun. The beginning had a few missions set in the city and while that setting wasn’t particularly interesting it was leagues ahead of the boring demon-world setting I’ve been stuck in for the past few levels.

I can see how purists can probably get all their enjoyment from the combat itself but man I just need something more to push me along. It doesn’t help that i was never a huge fan of the way DMC played with its awkward choice of directional input attacks paired with a floating point camera. Is this away? Is that away? I’m in a weird corner which way am I even facing right now?

I think I would actually have more fun in the bloody place with just pure combat but I need to beat the campaign to unlock it and I’m struggling to find the energy to do so.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Apex Legends every day. It's just that good. Huge update dropping tommorow too which looks insane! Also playing Spiderman and loving it. Hardly done any story missions but have finished all backpacks, photos, pigeons and black cats.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This turned out much longer than I expected so TL:DR:

Control is awesome. Play it.

Greedfall is developer Spider's best to date. They're a step above Piranha Bytes so if you like Gothic, Risen, or Elex check it out.

Control.

Awesome game. Top to bottom, side to side - just awesome. It's the most fun I've had with game mechanics in a long time. Running around using Launch (telekinesis) to grab anything and everything including chunks of the building and launching them at enemies never got old. Throw in Levitate, Seize (mind control), the Service Weapon which can morph between different types of guns, and a couple other abilities and you've got a large bag of tricks.

Combat is so viciously destructive. Office furniture is flipped and destroyed, glass is broken, papers are flying all over, the structure of the building itself is torn apart. When combat is over and you look around to see papers settling over the destroyed office space it'll put a smile on your face.

The story is great, too. It's a unique twist on an X-Files vibe with good characters, voice acting, and pacing. It wasn't too short, and it didn't overstay its welcome. I'm not sure how long it took me to complete the story to be honest, but it felt right. And there's still some side stuff to do if I want more.

Play it.

Greedfall.

I dabbled with The Technomancer since it is (or was) on Game Pass. I never got more than a couple of hours into it. It had promise, but it was just too far into B-game territory for me. Greedfall has pushed developer Spiders into high B low A game territory.

You play as a diplomat so it's dialog heavy, but that's okay because the story has been good and the voice actors have been too. There's quite a bit of character abilities mixed into the dialog trees, more so than most games. There's been bribery, Charisma and Intuition checks, and being able to let your party members do the talking.

These character abilities are even mixed into the environments. You'll need Vigor to climb a wall or balance across a fallen tree, or Intuition to sneak your way through a crack in a rock wall. I think it's well done.

The environments are separated into zones, and they're of the typical ant farm layout. The load screen between them isn't just a screen, but a rest area you stop at during the trip from one place to another. You can switch up party members, access your storage, and there's even a traveling merchant. It's cool!

I played through the combat tutorial with both a warrior and a mage, and chose to continue on with the mage. What you choose doesn't matter all that much since the character development is wide open. You can mix and match between the classes as you wish. And there's a respec which I think every RPG should have.

Mage combat has been quite fun even though there's only four spells. So far I'm able to sling shadow projectiles (dark fireballs basically), put enemies into stasis (with the side effect of corroding their armor), and dash around the battlefield with a teleport. There's also a heal, a shield, and couple of variations on the spells I've already got.

The movement of your character is bad. If people didn't like the movement in The Witcher 3 they'll hate this. It feels like the dead zone is huge which leaves very little throw for walking and running. If, like me, you like to walk around you'll have to get good at finding the razor's edge between not moving and running. If you're the type that runs everywhere at full speed then it shouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately this same issue applies to the menus as well. Trying to get the cursor on the skill you want is maddening. A huge deadzone and way too much acceleration maybe? I don't know, but if you have to use the stick to navigate it's the worst.

Overall I think it's Spider's best to date. It's better than their previous games, still a ways off from AAA, but damn if they're not trying. I'd say they're a step above Piranha Bytes so if you like Gothic, Risen, or Elex check it out.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#89  Edited By brian_

Picked up MLB The Show 19 since it's free on PSN this month. First one I played since card games and microtranactions became THE thing in sports games. Boy... they sure do make sure that that stuff is the first damn thing you see in the menu when you start the game. The option to actually play any part of the game isn't even on the first screen of the game. The make you walk past the store before you even have the option to play the game. Kind of makes me not want to engage with this thing.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Also played through Gears 5. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I played it solo though and the A.I. for your team seemed dumb as bricks. I played on whatever the difficulty is above default, so maybe that made them stupider in order to make the game tougher?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

I finally beat Yakuza Kiwami (it was fucking great) and have downloaded Kiwami 2.

I also downloaded Control, which I hope to sink some time into this weekend.

Ooo that's great. I consider Kiwami 2 to be leagues ahead of Kiwami 1, so I hope you have a blast! (I think Kiwami 2 used the dragon engine from 6 which made it feel better overall... can't exactly remember)

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started Assassin's Creed: Origins this week, not a huge fan of the combat revision, kinda boring overall, doubt I'll stick with it very long. Kinda got the itch to pick Syndicate back up and dive into its DLC, it's easily my favorite of the series.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I appreciate the new approach to Zelda, but things like weapon durability, the various time sinks of climbing towers, finding shrines, and not being able to go to certain places due to low stamina all seem like things to contend with for tens of hours, which all really makes the game feel like a chore to play at the moment. It just makes me wanna play Skyrim since I can be pretty survivable in the first ten hours in Skyrim compared to just having five hearts in my first ten hours of Breath of the Wild.

That said, despite learning about this game though osmosis over the past two years, I'm probably missing some of the finer details in terms of gameplay. There's most likely a critical path that I'm not taking which I imagine would make travel and combat less frustrating. And it's probably me just being impatient because I don't really have the time to dig into a long forum RPG at the moment despite wanting the quicker sense of progress that I get from a Bethesda RPG, Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Dragon's Dogma. That, and just comparing my ten hours with Breath to my over 900 in Skyrim is pretty unfair since I'm still learning one game's mechanics and forming a dominant strategy while being extremely familiar with another and have already formed a dominant strategy.

So, this is not my final verdict. I'm not going to say that Breath of the Wild is overrated because of the gameplay frustrations that I have with it at the moment, especially since the things that I'm not complaining about are very intriguing. But it's not really catering towards my preference for power fantasy at the moment. I'll give it another chance during winter break, but I feel like my little amounts of free time are best spent with other things at the moment.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently invested in a new and fairly pricey monitor for my PC so I will try yo abstain from buying new games for a while. So I've been playing through Dark Souls again and it's just as fun as I remember.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@humanity: Yeah I finished DMCV a few months back and while I do think it's generally a well made game I'd say I was very underwhelmed by aspects of it. I found both the enemy and level designs to be extremely unmemorable and the big twist near the end of this largely unremarkable story is something that to me was blatantly obvious in DMC4, even if it wasn't stated outright. It seems like the consensus around the net is that V sucks but for some reason I probably had the easiest time getting triple S's with him compared to the other two. I don't know I was kind of into this depiction of a Pact of the Chain Warlock in an action game.

Back on topic for the thread, I'm still playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and digging it. Whenever I can tear myself away from that game I'm trying to do my daily and weekly challenges for Apex season 3. Unfortunately I'm running into some drift issues on my current PS4 controller which is preventing me from getting good at the shooting again.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Bane

Greedfall.

In retrospect I think I sold it short in my previous posts by putting it in the same ballpark as Piranha Bytes games. I'll just stop trying to compare it to something else and say it's a good game that may fly under the radar of a lot of people. That's a shame because it's such a large leap forward in quality over their previous titles. It makes me look forward to Greedfall 2 or whatever their next game may be.

The Surge 2.

What. In the hell. Is wrong with the graphics? This is the ugliest game I've seen on an Xbox One X. Bad models, absolute shit textures. It's a huge downgrade from The Surge 1! I think I'll just put this one down until they release a patch or something.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

MH: Iceborne

Took awhile to shake the rust off and get back into the saddle but I'm fully back in now. Taking my sweet time with it.

MetaLF0rce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Combat 7, new DLC mission coming soon, and man it's still magical.