The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

thefirstwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4051  Edited By thefirstwolf

I have a game i have been looking for, for years and i suck at describing but here goes.

i believe it came out either early or mid 2000-2007ish

a first person shooter game, you have an african american REALLY buff always wears somekind of sunglasses on police partner, but you basicly almost always only see him in the cutscenes.

You are a police officer or atleast some kind of law enforcement, it is a very violent game, what i can only describe as gritty? graphics. you are able to shoot the weapons out of your enemies hands and they will either cower before your might or try to run away, your antagonist if i remember correctly you meet him and beat him the first time pretty early in the game but he survives and the next times you meet him he wears some kind of fullbody steel armor, looks like it is the only thing holding him together, maps are everything from Urban city combat to sewers and snowy secret mountain bases and on top of skyscapers. also your partner gets killed by mr antagonist right in front of your eyes on his knees in said snowy mountain base if i remember the location correctly.

not sure what more i can write about what i remember I HOPE SOMEONE KNOWS! i have been looking for YEARS!

Valrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4052  Edited By Valrik

@cornfed40 said:

This is driving me nuts.

It was a 90s computer adventure game, where you interacted with the backgrounds but had no characters moving around the screen, it was all POV style. You controlled a team of kinda crappy superheroes. I remember at one point there was a "boss" that you beat by using one of your hero's super power of folding maps.

Superhero League of Hoboken ?

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valrik: By god, you've done it! I never would have found that. Nor do I really remember why I had it haha. Thanks!

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akunamatauta: Second one is most likely Metal Warriors, and the third one sounds like it might be Strife.

fjor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4055  Edited By fjor

@thefirstwolf said:

I have a game i have been looking for, for years and i suck at describing but here goes.

i believe it came out either early or mid 2000-2007ish

a first person shooter game, you have an african american REALLY buff always wears somekind of sunglasses on police partner, but you basicly almost always only see him in the cutscenes.

You are a police officer or atleast some kind of law enforcement, it is a very violent game, what i can only describe as gritty? graphics. you are able to shoot the weapons out of your enemies hands and they will either cower before your might or try to run away, your antagonist if i remember correctly you meet him and beat him the first time pretty early in the game but he survives and the next times you meet him he wears some kind of fullbody steel armor, looks like it is the only thing holding him together, maps are everything from Urban city combat to sewers and snowy secret mountain bases and on top of skyscapers. also your partner gets killed by mr antagonist right in front of your eyes on his knees in said snowy mountain base if i remember the location correctly.

not sure what more i can write about what i remember I HOPE SOMEONE KNOWS! i have been looking for YEARS!

Sin Episodes : Emergence ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMnAWoZ6XA

https://www.giantbomb.com/sin-episodes-emergence/3030-4282/

No Caption Provided

acerrr1112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, there was this game I played about 13~15 year ago, back when I was about 2 or 3, so the description might be very wrong.

I remember this 2D side scroller, in which the background is dark purple and blue. It was around the 2003~4 time. The main character was kind of Arab(?, or some prince/aladdin like character) and the goal of the game was to save this princess or woman. The general vibe of the game was really eerie I remember, and I think there were potions and swords as well. Honestly, I know my description is really bad, but if anyone could find it that would mean the world.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

akunamatauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4060  Edited By akunamatauta

@akunamatauta: Second one is most likely Metal Warriors, and the third one sounds like it might be Strife.

both of those are right, i really didn't know if these were too obscure to find. thanks a lot!!

MadF0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4061  Edited By MadF0x

I have one game me and my brother have been searching for for years.

Unfortunately my memory is very hazy as i only played it once on my late stepfathers old Windows NT / 95 PC back in like 1997-98. The art-style reminds me of the Lucas-arts / Seirra online artstyle, where you played as two chubby elves, and the main thing that stuck out of this game, was there was a puzzle section where you had to put something in a mole-hill which would pop out on the otherside where this dog would be, If you didn't have like a bone or a sausage, the dog would bite the characters hand in a comedic fashion. The art style had a Disney-esque medieval toony look to it. I think it might have been a point and click adventure game.

This is all i can really remember. Though my mom still has that pc in her basement. If all else fails i could probably try to boot the old machine up and see if its there.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@madf0x said:

I have one game me and my brother have been searching for for years.

Unfortunately my memory is very hazy as i only played it once on my late stepfathers old Windows NT / 95 PC back in like 1997-98. The art-style reminds me of the Lucas-arts / Seirra online artstyle, where you played as two chubby elves, and the main thing that stuck out of this game, was there was a puzzle section where you had to put something in a mole-hill which would pop out on the otherside where this dog would be, If you didn't have like a bone or a sausage, the dog would bite the characters hand in a comedic fashion. The art style had a Disney-esque medieval toony look to it. I think it might have been a point and click adventure game.

This is all i can really remember. Though my mom still has that pc in her basement. If all else fails i could probably try to boot the old machine up and see if its there.

I am 98% sure this is Gobliins 2.

MadF0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kamakazie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a PC game from maybe 10 years ago that I was thinking about recently and I cannot remember the name of it at all.

It was online-only, 3d (I think first person) game where you are exploring a world and building up bases around a central point. If I recall correctly that central point was an item that could be stolen by other players? The visual design was very flat and abstract. The game did not explain itself at all and I remember it not always working as you'd expect it to (it's possible this was an alpha or beta that never went anywhere).

ugly_bean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Platform: PC (Website)

Genre: Children's (I played it in elementary school), medieval, puzzle.

Estimated year of release: At least before 2005

Graphics/art style: Pretty pixilated. Mostly darker colors used.

Notable characters: I want to say your character was a blob or at least the website it was on was blob themed

Notable gameplay mechanics: The game was top down. Your character was searching for keys in a castle to open chests and avoid dragons OR the keys were used to save the dragons from cages. I was in elementary school at the time so my memory is super fuzzy. Probable a game about typing or learning how to use the keyboard (was not a word game)

Other details: It was an online game meant for little kids. I was in elementary school when i played it so it wasn't a hard game. I have been looking for this game for years and i need some closure!

NOT READER RABBIT!!! Though Reader Rabbit 2nd grade is also a game I played, it is not the game I am looking for.

D4rkS3ntry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4069  Edited By D4rkS3ntry

Hi, im looking for a old game, I don't know for sure exactly how old I was but it was around 20 years ago, Windows 3.x/Windows 95 perhaps . The game was on a fixed screen and was about a small character, red, who had to jump through platforms that moved from top to bottom or bottom to top and at the same time there were "monsters" like spiders,mummies,ghosts,etc on them that took you away lifetime. Once you got to the other side jumping you had to grab an item, for example: TV, radio, ball, etc, and you had to go back to the other side to finish the stage. The scenarios were changing and things were added, but which name I think were the most significant and important game.

I leave you an illustration (PLEASE DONT LAUGH hahaha ) that I made about what I remember about the game, it is all as an example to give you an idea of ​​what I am talking about.

Thank you very much, greetings.

No Caption Provided

adamw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4071  Edited By adamw82

So when I was little (i'm 13 now so about probably 5 years ago) I used to play this top down open world flash game by Hot Wheels (I believe). Probably 2010 era game? For kids in like 2-4th grade probably. You would drive around the map and buy cars and play mini games. I remember one was called Top Off (I think) where you would refill fluids on a car and change the tires. There was an aircraft carrier where you could buy military vehicles and a construction yard where you could buy bulldozers and bobcats. On the same website there was this cartoon about this kid with his own hot rod garage, and he got a call from a guy asking for him to work on his car. He then had an idea during a rainstorm where he could channel lightning into the car. He then got his sidekick (a monkey I think) to capture lightning in a jar and made the car all electric. If anyone could find one or both of these it would be really appreciated just looking to relive some old memorys.

Killerlamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamw82: "Team Hot Wheels: Build The Epic Race" is a game with accompanying animation that has a monkey in it

rizwan98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, there is a game whose name I can't remember as I played it a long time ago this game was released in the 90s I think in it you control a small head like object which had a rotor on its top like a helicopter

in gameplay you control it to make walls to trap spinning objects can't remember exactly help will be appreciated

adamw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@rizwan98 said:

Guys, there is a game whose name I can't remember as I played it a long time ago this game was released in the 90s I think in it you control a small head like object which had a rotor on its top like a helicopter

in gameplay you control it to make walls to trap spinning objects can't remember exactly help will be appreciated

AirXonix?

Mikewastaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys, I've been diving back into my interest of the European air war during WWII and I can recall a game that was around probably in the mid-late 1990s that was along the lines of Talonsoft's Battle of Britain in terms of gameplay but included no flight simulator aspect. It was a straight strategy game wherein you controlled the RAF (and possibly the Luftwaffe though I never did), at least during the Battle of Britain and possibly other scenarios too.

I can't remember much else other than the look was subtly different from the screenshots of Battle of Britain. I've also crossed off the list Achtung Spitfire!

Any help getting this worm out of my head would be awesome.

rizwan98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SalvatorePerri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Early 2000s, RPG-ish, 3D for what I recall, PC game where the protagonist is a blonde knight with blue clothes and a steel armor.

You could use swords, bows and enemies were like goblins.

There were two CDs for the installation if I'm right, a blue one and a red one.

I'm sorry but I don't remember any details, please help me I'm going insane!

hunterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

An adventure game on the PC which from what I remember about the graphics could have been made in late 80's-90's. All I remember is a screen where a barrel with the radioactive symbol on it is centered in the frame and the game sort of taking a darker turn after that. Maybe skeletons.

This is only of my earliest game memories so I don't quite trust my memory. I think I watched my father play it on his Windows 95 computer when I was like 5. I think he was narrating it so i could understand what was happening and stopped when it got too weird.

TailsTheFoxYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4082  Edited By TailsTheFoxYT
No Caption Provided

Okay this one is really hard ive looked over the internet forever, But i just neeed this game it was amazing and overall lost i think.

It was a top down 3D game with robots that fire lasers that left a trail in the air. And they walked really robotic,i believe it had some sort of thing involving the military in the story with one side of the war being locked in the shareware version, it was really dark in a land of just mostly dirt and the walls were that or possibly metal. and i believe it was shareware and possibly on a CD rom. It was on PC and i really have been looking all over the internet trying to find this. Anyways, i believe the full version had a robot that shot something that stuck to enemies, i edited him back in when i was playing the game. I believe the robots that shot lasers had hands that look like snakes or like a S but without any smooth parts. Also i remember a robot with a looping machine gun sounds, when he shoots a round bright cog like texture shows up on his arms to show that hes doing that.

Also i have another one, this one i believe is easier. Its a game where your underwater, from a first person perspective in 3D and it was kinda boring. You have to find this missile thing, but occasionally this guy would get in your way and say "What do you wantuh" and you won the game by getting the missile. The water on the top was not see through it was just a texture and the ground textures and everything were rather bland with nothing besides said guy and said missile.

The image is as far as i could remember of their design except im not sure about the feet.

EDIT: I found a post about the game i was talking about but somebody replied with the wrong game i hope this serves as more information. Btw it's not Outlive.

@winebous said:

Ok guys, I hope to found this awesome game

1. PC Game from early 2000's (kind of), robot war theme
  2. The main argument is that an alien treats the earth and the big guys need to choose between brain force and brute force (you choose a team, brain force was yellow(?) and brute force was the red one)
  3. When you choose a side, you need to combat the other team (for example if you choose brute you play against brain), you had limited time and money for buying robots, if you won the match you can upgrade your robots, buy info for your next scenario and stuff
  4. The final boss is the alien
  5. I can't remember de franchise, the colors was from the first 3D games for PC, was a strategy game and.... can't remember anymore :(

I know he was right because that brain force and brute force thing reminds me that the two military leaders supported each side.

OMFG I FOUND IT ROBORUMBLE THX @winebous for your profile!

Also i still dont know the other one but idc cuz its roborumble that i mostly cared about.

Avatar image for fiddlesticks901
Fiddlesticks901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys,

I never use forums so sorry if i'm doing it wrong. There are 2 old games i'm looking for but I don't have much to go off

The first is an old education game where its a collection of mini games, you open it and a voice says "Click on the game you want to play". The curser was also a big purple hand and when you exited the game it waved and said "bye bye". Game might be from around 1999?

The second is even more obscure. Its an old cart racer I cant find anywhere that I played on pc and the only thing I can remember about it is that theres a character whos bald who drives a green mini cart, and if you lost the race there would be some dramatic music and the character would shake there head. (Ye sry its not much)

Thanks.

KavaJava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4084  Edited By KavaJava

@fiddlesticks901: That first game sounds super familiar. One of the Jump Start games? Maybe a Magic School Bus Game? I think some of those games just had a "let me pick whatever game I want" style menu. I will ponder. No idea on the second game.

CoriTheFairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's this game that I remember *watching* someone play on youtube when I was a really little kid. As I got older, I remembered it and wanted to play it, but I could never remember the name of it. Now I'm remembering that I could never figure out what the name was and want to figure this out finally. I'm almost 20, so this might've been anywhere from 14-8 years ago (2004-2010).

The premise of this game was to raise little monster kids. I believe they were monster creature things that were humanoid. The two siblings from the person I watched play it was a boy and a girl. The little boy had a dark blue and light blue stripped fur, and the girl had purple-ish and pink stripped fur. From what I remember, they had diapers/clothes and hair on the top of their head. I remember their eyes being pretty big and oval, stretched longer upward. The style was.. sorta realistic. Definitely not just pixelated. It was still cartoony, but the backgrounds and everything looks like a realistic, twisted, cartoonish style. I guess a child-friendly, colorful mashup of Amnesia and Don't Starve. It was a point and click game, where you would click certain things to make stuff happen, drag, and even click the door ways to move through the house. I believe at one point in these creature's lives you could go outside, but I barely remember that. Eventually the kids would grow and start walking about the house. They started out as eggs in an incubator. Obviously, I believe this game was targeted toward children, and it might've been a flash game, on the web browser. I'm unsure as I only watched someone play it.

thefirstwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4086  Edited By thefirstwolf

@fjor: no sadly it was not that game :,(

Rosscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4087  Edited By Rosscuro

So my game, I remember playing it as a kid on an old widows PC.

Genre: Action, platformer, puzzle.

Graphics: Retro, 2D, probably sprites.

Setting: Destroyed appartment compound, Construction site, Lab.

Description: You play as a man with a gun and you start on the street level there are mutants everywhere (some are like pink small blobs that jump arround, there are green one that look antropomorphic and have like an orange mohawk if i recall correctly and the final boss is the scientist that caused it all and injects himself with a syringe to become a big ass mutant wolf/dog), you supposedly mission is find what caused the disaster and you go arroud collecting amo, grenades and cards to open locked areas that some times have survivors. You need to find the things in the right order to open the door for the next level. The last thing I remember is a clip that appeard when you defeated the las boss, it showed the protaonist flying a jet and nuking the city.

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CoriTheFairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pete0r said:

@corithefairy: This sounds like one of the many games in the Creatures franchise.

Yes!! I feel so weird looking at Creatures Adventures and seeing it more cartoony than I remember. I guess my imagination took part in remembering it. Thank you so much. I feel so ashamed that someone was able to point it out to me so quickly, and I was never able to find it myself.

dlemke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing Rocket League and I one of the fields really reminds me of one of the courts on that disc/tennis/volleyball game that Jeff really likes but for the life of me I can't remember what that game is called. Someone help me out.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d4rks3ntry: I like your illustration. I'm not joking.

I wish I could help you with the name of the game, but I don't know it.

dlemke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benderunit22: Yes thats the one. For the life of me I couldn't think of what it was called.

Isslander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have found many arcade games from my youth on youtube, bringing up many childhood memories. One eludes me though, it's a Mercs-style game, you could play it with two players and the weapons are in the Mercs / Contra style I think. The only thing I'm pretty sure I remember is that the first level takes place at night at a warehouse/docks environment, ending at a pier where you have to fight a submarine which emerges.

This should have been released before 1991.

Mamabirb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4095  Edited By Mamabirb

So I remember playing a game between the years 2002-2005. There was a group of scientists or young adults trying to save the earth from the extreme weather. There was ice/snow in Egypt. The last thing I remember was this pipe/vent things. The sky was stormy black. Perhaps there was a tornado involved. I remember getting stuck at this spot. I’d light a match and reach into the black, rectangular opening and the air or wind would blow it out. My grade schools computers at the time were all apple. I feel like it was an educational game but it was good graphics compared to all the prior pixelated games. It was meant to look realistic.

Please help.

Neuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everybody,

I am desperately looking for a videogame I used to play on my PC when I was a kid. It must have been at the end of the 90s or the beginning of the 2000s and I think the game is not much older than that.

It was a top-down tile-based puzzle game like Chip's challenge and had several elements in common with this game - the coloured keys and locks, the slides (green in the Chip's challenge pics below), the point of view.

- The main character was, well, a white tile with a face

- The bad guys were also tiles - green, blue, red etc. based on what "type" they were. I also remember a special bad guy, which I think was called lava worm or blood worm (but I might have imagined this), made up of 5 bright red circles and running around like a train!

- The background/wall tiles were mostly black and dark blue, if I remember well

- You could fight the bad guys with ammos and with dynamite

- To complete a level you had to kill all enemies, and you had a small map bottom right where you could check if anything was still moving

That's about all I remember...fingers crossed! Thank you!!

https://classicreload.com/sites/default/files/Windows-chips-challenge.png

http://www.abandonia.com/files/games/410/Chip's%20Challenge_4.png

ambientmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably a PC game. 2014 ish I think (that's when I played I think - could be earlier). First or third person. Fairly realistic graphics. Exploring a city for quite a lot of the game. Get on a ship to Mars (I think - or a colony on a planet or space station) later in the game. Just before that there is a section near the city in sand. A sandstone house. Then NPCs near a building. Player has to get inside. There are sections where the player has to make it passed screens to get to the next level - a bit weird.

LOLByte87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4098  Edited By LOLByte87

so. There’s this old game. It’s from the early 2000’s, before 2009. I remember being in an incredibly large metal room filled with water. There were giant turtles also made of metal that don’t move and I think they may have been green or purple. Their shell was visible on the surface of the water but the rest of them were underwater. I recall there being pirate ships. I thought this was from Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts but I don’t think that’s right. I think the main character had on maybe yellow pants and a backpack. This was played on Xbox 360, I think. That or it was a PlayStation, but I’m certain it was Xbox. I didn’t own the game, I played it at someone else’s house.

Please let me know if you find out what this game was

xbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Platform(s): PC windows

Genre: Sci Fi shooter

Estimated year of release: somewhere between 2003-2006

Graphics/art style: 3D (first/ third person shooter)

Notable characters: Guy in battle suit which had jetpack on it

Notable gameplay mechanics:

-You played soldier on some other planet

-At start you would be transported (more like lifted from the ground) in to the arena/pit which was circular shape and had electric shield over it so you couldn't fly out ( stadium like crowd was all around and cheering)

-You started with weak gun but you could pick up enemy weapon (I think that there was electric bolt gun and something like disc cannon)

-You had 1 or 2 ally

-Enemy were in battle suits but they were aliens

-Enemy would spawn in waves (every wave stronger with better weapons and at the end with fly vehicles)

-If you killed enemy in the vehicle you could drive it

-Maybe you were there prisoner and had to shoot your way out

Other details: I played demo part of this game so maybe this was just part of the missions or something

Ty for your time.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3