The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

jaynuggetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’m trying to remember an old game I played back in middles school in the early 90s. It was a jester or clown like guy, he was the bad guy, and you had to solve these puzzles and games to make your way through the island. Does any of that sound familiar to anyone? I think it was on an apple computer.

Boomshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember old game. It was released on PC around 1995-2005. Some girl was trapped in sunken ship and you were in role of guy, who had control of doors, lights etc. You can only see through cameras and navigate this girl with items in her surroundings. Like, when she sees blinking lights, she will follow. Your main quest was help her escape.
Thanks for help.

ImTr1pp1nFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I'll do my best to explain this game.

It was a PS1 game, RPG (most likely a JRPG). Combat was turn based, random encounters, and you had a small party with you like Final Fantasy games. Art style was sort of like Breath of Fire 3 with sprites and hand drawn pictures of characters faces during speech. At some point you either found or took over this tower on the world map that became like your base of operations. You could go up each level and talk to your party members and stuff, and there was a bald guy with a monocle that called you "Master (whatever you named your guy)", and would correct others when they didn't call you that. Also, you eventually got access to like a speed boat thing that you could use on the world map. This is kind of vague, I know, but I hope someone can help.

Buckwheet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3958  Edited By Buckwheet

im trying to find this RPG styled game.

it was on pc and im not sure but i think it came out around 2010-2014

The mani character was a male that had to juggle two girlfriends. when you failed you got sent into sort of a nightmare world made by the 2girls. The title was the girls names. They were the same name just different spelling? can anyone help?

whiskeyriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember an experimental indie PC game that was posted on a game dev forum probably in the last 10 years. It was a simple 2d platformer with I think gameboy-like graphics. After a bunch of people had played it the dev revealed that the game was randomly different for each player: some people played the game with shorter jumps, less health, bigger spikes, fewer rooms, etc. Apparently one of the variations had it so that you couldn't even get past the first jump. I doubt it was ever published outside of that forum.

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3960  Edited By Moskelosk
Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boomshake: The Experiment or Experience 112, or some combination of words and numbers depending on where you played it.

daseim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3962  Edited By daseim

Hello! I am trying to remember a game that I played back in the late 90s/early 2000s. It was on one of the online websites like miniclip or addicting games. It had a little green dinosaur or other animal that would be moved around the screen using arrow keys to eat blobs or bubbles of slime. If the bubble was smaller than it it would eat it and get bigger. If the bubble was bigger it would stuck in the bubble. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

NoJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drewrocks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so does anyone remember the game, that came out around 2009 I believe, and it was like skylanders, in the sense there was a pad and you put figures on it, but it wasn't action like skylanders. It was on PC and I don't think it was too popular. It was 3rd person and it was from a little bit behind the character. The first figure you got was a white thing, maybe a bear? The bad guy was a darth vader thing, with a black robe thing. Thanks in advance for anyone who can name it.

Zophiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im trying to remember a old video game i used to play when i was a kid i will try to explain in detail . it was about two alien races at war with each other one was characteristically blue and silver and the other was brown and orange the fight though out many planets and you assemble build and command them , you build bases , large sentry towers and a variety of solders and tank like vehicles in the first cut scene i saw the silver warriors were shot down by the brown warriors on a city being destroyed and you command them to an extraction point its also the first mission and tutorial its a sci-fi and i would like to know if anyone knows the name

aufsmauhl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clutch414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ok, this might be a weird one. It a game that came out within the past few years. Your a kid who in his living room playing a faux-Nintendo game but every time the kid falls asleep there a monster or specter or something—in other words the game gets pretty dark. I think they played it on a UPF within the past year, but I cannot remember the name of the game.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to remember a game that I read about in Game Informer(?). I am not sure if it was ever released, but I do know it was an MMO, and I believe it was somewhere between 2004-2009 that I read about it. It was for PC, and the big thing about the game was one player would end up becoming the end boss that everyone else is trying to beat, and whoever beats them, replaces them as the boss. It sounds like an interesting concept, and I am trying to find out what happened with that.

Thanks in advance

If your details are correct, I'm assuming it's not Godus. That wasn't an MMO and it was later than 2009.

clutch414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few years ago, I found a channel dedicated to cataloguing obscure doujin games.

The computer I had them bookmarked on totally crashed. And I'm having trouble even recovering the hard drives. To find the Firefox bookmark folder. And the Youtube account I viewed it on is seemingly a long since abandoned one with a forgotten password.?

But one of the games showcased was essentially a Darkstalkers fangame. It was starring Lilith Aensland and seemingly a platformer, maybe with a few Adventure platformer/"Metroidvania" elements? Had to tell or remember, but it was definitely a 2D platformer.

Would like to find and play the game. But I have no idea what it was called, but I'm pretty sure part of Lilith's name was in the title. I think it was something like Lili/RiriPura. But searching that in Google doesn't reach me anything of the sort.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a game I've been trying to figure out on and off for the past few years has been killing me and this seems as good a place as any to ask.

From what I remember, it was a platformer/puzzle game, if I had to guess made in the late 90s and on PC. The general plot of the very beginning of the game was you were a kid who had to repair your mom's hot tub, and went to some oddball parts place, and when you installed the new part you turned the hot tub into a time machine. You went waaaay back in time to around when Archimedes was alive (if I'm not mistaken), and aliens had a plot to get this time machine back from you. After this the details get a bit fuzzy, but stick with this lastbit. When you're beating sense into the aliens while platforming, you zap them with your TV remote, and the aliens are generic green blobs, I think.

I'm not sure if anyone can help with this, and even if you do the chances of me getting to play are probably slim/next to none, but at least it'd finally solve what the hell it was called.

This sounds a lot like a Commander Keen game, but I don't know if any of those had time travel.

dawux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3976  Edited By dawux

Sure, i used to play that game in 2002-2005 I guess. Its a hand drawed game, like comic books (maybe worst).

It's a pc game, in a escape style, that u have to click and collect some objects and use them to take another things (like turn on the lights or find a key)

Everything that i remember of history of the game: it starts with your character in your room and you dont remember what happenned last night, but your girlfriend is missing. I remember at some point of the game of using orange juice in a fire pit to take an iron or something like that. I remember to use a vicious lamp to get a dog distracted and enter in a house. The history was too big and u find your girlfriend and she wasnt missing and a lot of crazy shit happens.

haha can somebody help me?

VikVallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3980  Edited By VikVallen

HELP! I looked just about everywhere! Can't find a trace of this game ugh...

Best description I can give -> It's (probably) a platfotm game from Genesesis / Mega Drive or a very similar console. You control a guy (that's in a spacesuit, probably) and (I'm almost sure) he starts off getting out of a spaceship or something. Then, differently from usual platform games, you have to go left instead of right (not exactly sure, my memory has faded long ago). You are in some kind of desertic / cave environment (which is likely somewhere other than Earth) and the colors of the game are mostly dim and dark kinda like the way they were in the Chakan Genesis game, mainly dark. You have a gun (a rifle-like gun I guess) and I think you shoot some few enemies that are shorter than you, slime-like things that resemble balls or some kind of ball-plant growing out of the ground (or the ceiling of the cave, or none of those, who knows for sure) and their color is supposed to be purple / greenish (not really sure about that). A key point is that you had to go down into the earth. You were descending into some kind of underground base, and when you reached the bottom, an alarm would go off meaning that something was about to explode (possibly the whole place) or something bad would happen (like, losing the game or dying) and then you had a time rush out of there and return to your spaceship. Your screen flashed red while in sync with the syren while you were climbing your way out of the underground base. I don't remember what happens next. I don't know if you ever went back to the spaceship or what happened next, I simply didn't played it further or I completely forgot it all.

From what I remember (I may be wrong in this), compared to most Genesis games I used to play, the graphics looked better.

PLEASE! I BEG YOU GUYS!!! Help me find out the name of this game! I've been trying to find this thing for a very long time now - I looked just about everywhere! Genesis lists of best and worst games, Wikipedia, mobygames and similar search engines, I can't fricking find it! Please HELP!!!!!!

EDIT 1: It's NOT Out of This World / Another World / Outer World (they're all the same game).

EDIT 2: It's NOT the Exile series.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#3982  Edited By Raven10
@eccentrix said:
@lightningzan said:

Trying to remember a game that I read about in Game Informer(?). I am not sure if it was ever released, but I do know it was an MMO, and I believe it was somewhere between 2004-2009 that I read about it. It was for PC, and the big thing about the game was one player would end up becoming the end boss that everyone else is trying to beat, and whoever beats them, replaces them as the boss. It sounds like an interesting concept, and I am trying to find out what happened with that.

Thanks in advance

If your details are correct, I'm assuming it's not Godus. That wasn't an MMO and it was later than 2009.

Could it be Ascend: Hand of Kul? If it is I am not sure it ever saw full release but was playable and there is a quick look of it.

@vikvallen I am going to take a wild shot here as your description only partially matches the game I am thinking of but there are a couple points you made that made me think of Out of This World.

VikVallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3984  Edited By VikVallen

@raven10 Unfortunatetly, I've already checked through this one - It's not it. About the graphics again, I said that they were good, more kinda like the way graphics were in Vectorman (probably).

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@vikvallen it sounds like Exile - there were some later 16bit versions that improved the graphics on a few systems.

CptK_and_co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been searching for a fighting game I played back in high school for a while, may be good candidate for the fighting game science:

1. I played it mid-90s but no way to know the release date. I grew up in Hong Kong so probably played some bootleg version. The game was definitely in English.

2. Likely 3D and involves robots in various fighting game tropes- e.g. big and slow vs small and quick etc...

3. The only other recollection I have is that it had a big blue robot character and one of the stage was in some industrial area

A second game I've been searching for is a Japanese PC-engine or DOS V all female wrestling card game that features management elements.

It might be the PC-engine version of super wrestle angels but the screenshots don't match well with what I remembered.

Thanks!

VikVallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3987  Edited By VikVallen

@stantongrouse: Oh well, that's not it. I'm 100% positively sure that it isn't a RPG. It was a platfromer for sure, and in space or some other planet...

GhostCpt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3989  Edited By GhostCpt2

I've been looking for a particular games since forever. It was sci-fi single player FPS, set in the future. You were some sort of a general, son/daughter of the *king*. I remember some missions

- a retrospection about your family dying in a spaceship due to an invasion and you had to find a grappling hook and escape (boy/girl)

- You were in your ship (first mission i believe) and at a certain point you adjust your suit with light, medium and heavy).

Game was somewhat old, 2004-ish. If you can remember anything about a game like this, leave a reply so I/we can find it.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cptk_and_co Sounds a bit like Rise of the Robots - but if it was that, I really would make any of the team play it, it's not a game to revisit. Although they were playing that sonic game this week...

CptK_and_co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stantongrouse: Thanks ! Looks like Rise of the Robots it is. For science I don't think they have any choice but to play all fighting games in the known universe :)

brunogolik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3992  Edited By brunogolik

I`m looking for a PC game that i think i played around 2008 ,but i am not exactly sure so it could be a year or 2 off. the game resembles a 3D pacman ,but with few key differences to the original game: Firstly, there are no ghosts,instead in the maze you are in there are enemies resembling pacmans (there are more variants,first ones look like differently colored pacman,later some of them get spikes and other changes). the maze in the first few levels is green and plant like (i don`t know how later levels look like as i didn`t reach them),and you cannot see the entire maze in one view (camera moves with the pacman you are controlling,and the camera is positioned above the arena,not behind pacman). The pacman himself looks like just a regular 3d sphere with a mouth (no arms or legs like seen in some 3d games). Also one thing i remember about this game is that one of the menu screens (possibly level transition screens or the game intro screen) has all the enemies drawn in one picture side by side in a grid like fashion.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cptk_and_co I guess the science dictates that they eventually get to it. I would presume that Jason and Jeff might have played it, hopefully preparing them, but it might be fresh to Ben - I am looking forward to seeing his reaction to it. I brought that game for the Amiga behind a mass of hype. I was so upset; so very upset when I finally got it.

DPklok051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3994  Edited By DPklok051

Trying to remember the name of an old PC game. Probably late 90's...It was a car game, but the whole goal was to run over animals. It's not carmeggedon...You dont race other people...you just run over cows and pigs and stuff...I remember finding a secret area where there is a big mantis like alien that you have to kill... It wasn't a very popular game, but it's driving me crazy because I can't find anything about it on the internet. I just remember the goal was to run over as many animals and get points for doing so....

Avatar image for razor_sharp1997
Razor_Sharp1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a PS1 game and I can't remember the name. I tried playing as a kid but got stuck on the very first minutes of the game. If I'm not mistaken the game had something to do with aliens, the game had camera looking from the top with an angle you had to escape from a shuttle, or a room and your time was limited. It was cold or something for the love of god I can't remember. There was blood, you were a human and you had to get out but were limited in time. I couldn't get past level 1.

freddegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3996  Edited By freddegon

Hi everyone

I'm trying to find my girlfriends favourite childhood game as a present for christmas. So all the Details I provide are second hand.

1. Story Elements:

2 Brothers, one shoots the other in the head, this one lives on as a ghost as the second playable character. They find out that their mother is about to bear a demon child and has been kidnapped. They set out to find her. Fighting mostly Humans on their way.Quote GF: 'the further you get, the more monster-ish the enemies get'. [...] near the end, the alive brother gets to pilot a giant robot fighting other giant robots.

Quote GF: 'At the End, when the mother does give birth to the Demon she looks like an evil witch'

2. Gameplay:

First Person view

Player can switch freely between alive and ghost brother

While playing as one, the other runs around freely and fights with you

Alive Brother uses guns and other weapons - Can buy them somewere Ghost Brother has wobbly ghostly arms stretched out using them to fight similar to "The Darkness"

3. Timeframe and Console:

She played the game around 2013 on a It might not be exclusive to the PS2 and might have come out years before 2013

Playstation 2

I would not rule out the posibility for it to be a PS1 game.

4. Mood:

Game has a dark colour scheme and overall low brightness

Scary vibes. Not Horror but 'you think twice before opening a door'

Quote GF: 'a couple of times, there's a little girl just running past you laughing creeping you out a lot' NOT F.E.A.R.

I'm still on the hunt for it myself and would greatly appreciate any input.

Happy Hunting :)

freddegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solved: It's F.E.A.R. 3 for PS3

Hi everyone

I'm trying to find my girlfriends favourite childhood game as a present for christmas. So all the Details I provide are second hand.

1. Story Elements:

2 Brothers, one shoots the other in the head, this one lives on as a ghost as the second playable character. They find out that their mother is about to bear a demon child and has been kidnapped. They set out to find her. Fighting mostly Humans on their way.Quote GF: 'the further you get, the more monster-ish the enemies get'. [...] near the end, the alive brother gets to pilot a giant robot fighting other giant robots.

Quote GF: 'At the End, when the mother does give birth to the Demon she looks like an evil witch'

2. Gameplay:

First Person view

Player can switch freely between alive and ghost brother

While playing as one, the other runs around freely and fights with you

Alive Brother uses guns and other weapons - Can buy them somewere Ghost Brother has wobbly ghostly arms stretched out using them to fight similar to "The Darkness"

3. Timeframe and Console:

She played the game around 2013 on a It might not be exclusive to the PS2 and might have come out years before 2013

Playstation 2

I would not rule out the posibility for it to be a PS1 game.

4. Mood:

Game has a dark colour scheme and overall low brightness

Scary vibes. Not Horror but 'you think twice before opening a door'

Quote GF: 'a couple of times, there's a little girl just running past you laughing creeping you out a lot' NOT F.E.A.R.

I'm still on the hunt for it myself and would greatly appreciate any input.

Happy Hunting :)

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razor_sharp1997: Sounds like it might be Overblood. There's a Super Replay of it from when Dan worked at Game Informer.

But it sounds similar to what you're describing. You wake up from stasis in a cold room and have to find the right items to get out before your freeze to death. Camera in that game was fixed like in RE, and was a survival horror game like that as well. I don't know if it's aliens exactly but there's definitely zombies and monsters and stuff in it.

realjpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so I was in Tokyo a few years ago, April 2015 to be exact, and I went to the club sega arcade in Akihabara. There was this one game that I didn't play because it was crowded but I think it might have been a moba? I don't play them so I'm not sure but it at least had that top-down perspective and looked to be a team game- I think 3, maybe 4 cabinets on each side. Anyways, I was just interested in what a moba but made for Japanese arcades would even be. It was on the floor with the sports and idol games that use cards so there might have been a tcg aspect to it but I don't think I remember seeing anything for this particular machine.