The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

Yourmama117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3902  Edited By Yourmama117

The game I can't remember is an Xbox 360 game.

You were this guy that tried to help out your people on a mars like planet by killing the corrupt police like force and you could destroy their buildings and items to collects points and supplies for you to use. Also you were able to drive and use a jet pack to get around this desert like map. I also believe they made two of these games as well if that helps.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for someonepleasehelp
Someonepleasehelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Platform(s): PC

Genre: puzzle rpg? It had a lot of puzzles in it anyhow

Estimated year of release: 1980 - 2005 (sorry for the big jump I’m not too sure)

Graphics/art style: looked like the first Fallout type of art

Notable characters: you(literally the player), and a male main character

Notable gameplay mechanics: you were stuck in a security room/booth and you could work the security systems and show the main character where to look and such.

Other details: I think you were on a boat and it wasn’t an “A” list.

Any help would be amazing! Please and thank you!

robbparris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have memories of an old arcade machine from when I was a teenager (so about 20 years ago) that was a 3d flying combat game, where the camera was behind the plane or helicopter (there was a good selection of aircrwft) and you took it in turns being the being either behind or ahead of your opponent (another aircraft of some sort) until you either destroyed your opponent, or you yourself was destroyed.

Endboss was a UFO that you were always behind, but could shoot behind its self.

I remember the game being a lot of fun, curious if anyone knows what it is!

barryalen1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remembered I play a RTS game where you start choosing 1 of the 4 race. There is a main hero. You can move but there is limit. Then you will have to build castle/unit and use them to invade the enemy. Winner is the one who take all of the castle and destroy all of the hero of the opponent team. I played this in the Windows 98 ERA.

Avatar image for thebeetuslittle
TheBeetusLittle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, I'm trying to remember a game I watched my dad play on the computer when I was a kid. This couldve been from 2000 to 2003 maybe. The game had giant creatures that threw boulders at you and humanoid creatures that had blades similar to those of the predators and could shoot small balls of energy at you and I think they were called kings. The main menu had several of these kings standing around the giant creature sitting on a throne.im not sure but I think the main character was named Jeremiah or jebediah.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for thebeetuslittle
TheBeetusLittle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KevinL91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Guys,

I saw a video review a couple months ago and I was interested in the game. I know very little about the game....

I think fantasy/adventure RPG - the game looked good, I would think it would be from the last few years. basic idea the realm/kingdom is overrun and you need to save it. game is played in a medieval atmosphere.

I only know that when you play the campaign/story mode, you sit at a table with a few (5 or 6) characters. (king/commander/leader/... i think a human, an orc(like creature), ..)

You play the different stories of those characters (each character has his own story). If you played al the stories, you unlock the main character (the king I suppose).

I know this is very little info, but I hoped someone will recognize this.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

cecko096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys ,

I'm looking for a game I saw the trailer of somewhere arround April or March (so it might have came out arround that time this year) .Its an light novel style RPG/Mystery game .Main character reads a dead space ship's crew log and tries to figure out what happened .The trailer I saw ended with a dark hair girl quoting something I think .She also generalized men and women at one point during the trailer in one of her quotes.

Pls help me find it !

KevinL91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cecko096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinl91 said:

@cecko096: Outreach?

Thanks for the reply , but unfortunetly it doesn't seem to be it .

KhledP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3921  Edited By KhledP

hi everybody,

there is this 2d pc pixelated game i'm trying to find but i cant tell the year it came out on

you played as a small mining truck

you had 4 weapons to drill and fight through enemy cars and trucks

timed explosives, seeking missiles, drop bombs and mines

there were a few different modes like defending an area or running through a level

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm not entirely sure I didn't dream this, but here it goes...

It was an XBLA game, probably around 2009 or 10 or so. I thought it was part of Summer of Arcade but none of the games on the Wikipedia list matched it.

I never played it but I remember watching a Quick Look. It was some sort of post apocalyptic third person game...maybe survival elements, maybe not. You were some bland brown haired white guy. You might have had a brother or some other companion you were trying to get to or rescue or something like that. I remember it looking very sandy, with grey broken buildings that you were trying to navigate. I think climbing was a mechanic and the combat system was melee focused. It was apparently god-awful based on the reviews at the time and the crew's impressions.

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@moskelosk: That's exactly what I was thinking of! Thank you!

oogieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HELP NEEDED

I played this World War 2 real time strategy game back in the late to mid 90's. I don't know it's release date, but I'd estimate it would be around 96-98, slight chance it's earlier or maybe later even, but my guess is 96-98.

Random tidbits: I remember it being very VERY top down perspective when it comes to the camera placement, almost no side tilt at all. I remember you being able to place machine gun nest in houses (I think). I seem to want it to have Panzer in the title (note this might be an unintentional red herring from me) and maybe being a sequel in a series. I looked at Panzer General but it don't seem quite right as that looks larger scale. Oh and I remember it being brutally difficult for 9 year old me.

Thank you.

Close Combat or one its sequels? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xx_4b78yuc

LOLByte87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3927  Edited By LOLByte87

so. There’s this old game. It’s from the early 2000’s, before 2009. I remember being in an incredibly large metal room filled with water. There were giant turtles that don’t move and I think they may have been green or purple. Their shell was visible on the surface of the water but the rest of them were underwater. I recall there being pirate ships. I thought this was from Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts but I don’t think that’s right. I thought the main character had on yellow pants and a backpack. This was played on Xbox 360, I think. That or it was a PlayStation, but I’m certain it was Xbox. I didn’t own the game, I played it at someone else’s house.

Please let me know if you find out what this game was

barysan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3930  Edited By barysan

here's one that's been killing me - i only vaguely remember this one from my childhood. it was a point-and-click adventure game that i believe was from the first person perspective, but i can't say that definitively. given my age and how foggy my memories are, i think i played this game around '99-2000, so anything more recent than that is probably off the table.

was a PC game that i think was set in a castle during i think medieval times (i have a strong memory of a suit of armor with a halberd being on display) and i think it opened with a cutscene of the player character walking up to the castle, and it cut away to a slat on the door being opened and a shadowy figure on the inside demanded a password, which the pc gave. he closed the slat and the castle door opened, and you were let into this big highly-detailed foyer with a big ballroom-esque staircase, but there was some stuff you had to take care of on the 1st floor before you could go up to the second i think.

other details: it was almost if not entirely 2D animation, and had a relatively bright color palette. also, a short list of games i have already confirmed it's not: The Castle of Dr. Brain, Mind Maze, Clandestiny, and 9: The Last Resort. ive been driving myself fucking bonkers trying to remember this thing, so any help would be appreciated!!

NoJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3934  Edited By NoJuice

Alright, so there is this old flash game, played it somewhere around 2010 i believe. I found it randomly on some website after just searching "games" on google (did not know of any big titles then, just played flash games). It is similar to a flash game called The Visitor, both the puzzle-solving and the art style. The game had multiple parts made, and it featured a man (i cant recall what he looked like) and a sort of blue bear thing (i believe he was an alien of sort).

One of the parts started with the guy being captured by this monster who was going to cook him i believe. You had to guide the blue bear thing and click on objects and such to find out a way to save him. Just like in The Visitor, you have to click things in the correct order or not click them at all to get trough, while some things may kill you.

I also believe, but am not sure, that the name of the game had the two's names in it (not certain). The game was also horror-ish, i would say. Some of the parts were pretty weird, and there were all sorts of creatures (the monster and that blue alien bear being some of those).

Can't say much more, i really can't remember what the other parts were about, or anything else. I'd appreciate the help!

KittyApoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was this game I tried to play on the original XBOX when I was a little kid that I can not find through searching. What I remember of it is that it was a game set at war (Pretty sure it was around WW2 but am not 100%) and there was a scene around the begining that had you start in a ship's barracks getting attacked by planes and had you navigate to the top of the ship to fight off the planes. I remember it being a FPS but also having a flying section that was 3rd person, but its been so long and i was so young that its hard to remember. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

WhiteTetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3937  Edited By WhiteTetsu

1) I'm looking for a 3rd/1st person pc game (around 2000 maybe) in which you play a magic sword wielding amazon. I was a kid so the only thing that mattered to me was that it had a sexy character with boobs and butt exposed and that the title of the game sounded close enough to fuck or fkk(nudism), something along the lines of F.K.K.R., to giggle over. Everytime i remember that that game was a thing and look for it i find the "spellforce the order of dawn" cover which does give me that nostalgic vibe i connect to the game yet the game itself is nothing like the game i'm looking for. I remember you start the game with a basic tutoriel in a tempel running, jumping, fighting etc. and then my memorie gets blurry as the village gets attacked by aliens ...or gets hit by a meteor shower... *Update: Game was Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2, found it in the female protag section. Jup... It's what i expected it to be*

2) Also looking for a space fighter game that i was watching my dad play. All space fighter games look way to alike, but i remember that you came back to the ship and were able to talk to the people you were going on missions with at the canteen, got mission briefing in a specific room for it, were able to choose different fighters depending on mission or station, etc. The game had like 4 cds. *Update: Game was Wing Commander Prophecy*

3) While at it i just remembered another one, a 3rd/1st person scifi shooter. I remember the character looked like he's in a full leather suit with a pointy head. He had a black parachute coming out of his back that had the skeleton of one but not the inbetween parts. I remember the game having minigames in which your char was falling from the sky to the battlefield and you had to shoot your way down. I remember the game having section in which you could take control of a bomber to bomb enemys in their pits and bomb the roof off of bulding. I remember a bossfight in which you tried to snipe the boss inside a tower from inside a tower on the other side. I first got the game as a demo off of pc games i think. *Update: Game was MDK*

Rabidlamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) I'm looking for a 3rd/1st person pc game (around 2000 maybe) in which you play a magic sword wielding amazon. I was a kid so the only thing that mattered to me was that it had a sexy character with boobs and butt exposed and that the title of the game sounded close enough to fuck or fkk(nudism), something along the lines of F.K.K.R., to giggle over. Everytime i remember that that game was a thing and look for it i find the "spellforce the order of dawn" cover which does give me that nostalgic vibe i connect to the game yet the game itself is nothing like the game i'm looking for. I remember you start the game with a basic tutoriel in a tempel running, jumping, fighting etc. and then my memorie gets blurry as the village gets attacked by aliens ...or gets hit by a meteor shower...

2) Also looking for a space fighter game that i was watching my dad play. All space fighter games look way to alike, but i remember that you came back to the ship and were able to talk to the people you were going on missions with at the canteen, got mission briefing in a specific room for it, were able to choose different fighters depending on mission or station, etc. The game had like 4 cds. *Update: Game was Wing Commander Prophecy*

3) While at it i just remembered another one, a 3rd/1st person scifi shooter. I remember the character looked like he's in a full leather suit with a pointy head. He had a black parachute coming out of his back that had the skeleton of one but not the inbetween parts. I remember the game having minigames in which your char was falling from the sky to the battlefield and you had to shoot your way down. I remember the game having section in which you could take control of a bomber to bomb enemys in their pits and bomb the roof off of bulding. I remember a bossfight in which you tried to snipe the boss inside a tower from inside a tower on the other side. I first got the game as a demo off of pc games i think.

3 is probably MDK

WhiteTetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WhiteTetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about this one, i remember watching my dad play around the time he played "Lands of Lore 2" a very similar rpg. Like in land of lore 2 you start off in a prison of a castle, but unlike in land of lore 2 i remember actually being gameplaywise in the prison of that castle not just in a cutscene. You were fighting off skeletons in that castle and once you got out of the castle the world opened up. I remember one of the latest levels being a cave through which you went by walking on giant glowing mushrooms. Everytime i look for that game i find the might and magic series that somehow doesn't look like anything i connect to the game and the elder scrolls series which gives me the nostalgia i connect to it yet i don't think any of them start the way i remember it.

BobDobbsJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitetetsu: Could it be Stonekeep? It came out a couple of years before Lands of Lore 2 though.

WhiteTetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobdobbsjr: The skeleton on the cover does look familiar, but it's not it. The prison/castle was just the beginning and wasn't a big part of the game. I remember standing in the courtyard facing the gate and i remember exploring all across the walls of it once leaving it.

LightningZan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to remember a game that I read about in Game Informer(?). I am not sure if it was ever released, but I do know it was an MMO, and I believe it was somewhere between 2004-2009 that I read about it. It was for PC, and the big thing about the game was one player would end up becoming the end boss that everyone else is trying to beat, and whoever beats them, replaces them as the boss. It sounds like an interesting concept, and I am trying to find out what happened with that.

Thanks in advance

LightningZan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3945  Edited By LightningZan

@kittyapoc: Sounds like it may be Medal of Honor: Rising Sun. I remember renting it at some point, and I believe you start out in a sinking ship. That or Battlestations Midway, but I can't remember if that was on OG Xbox or not

KittyApoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightningzan: Rising sun is exactly what I was thinking of, thank you!

Oddballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've got your work cut out out with this one... My memory is awful.

This would have been around 1994 in the UK. I'm thinking of a game we used to play on our classroom computer. I'm fairly certain it was an Archimedes of some kind, or possibly a bbc micro.

The game itself is the trickier part. I remember it being a very simple adventure game, the only segment of the game that sticks out in mind is where you have to place a banana peel for an enemy to slip on, which I'm fairly certain was a witch. It's possible that there may have been educational elements to this game, but it appears they have eluded me entirely.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@barysan: So this doesn't exactly fit your description, but Toonstruck is a fmv/cartoon hybrid game from the mid-90's that starts out in a castle with a large ballroom staircase. The only other thing I can think of would be King's Quest VI or VII.

Candivore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nojuice said:

Alright, so there is this old flash game, played it somewhere around 2010 i believe. I found it randomly on some website after just searching "games" on google (did not know of any big titles then, just played flash games). It is similar to a flash game called The Visitor, both the puzzle-solving and the art style. The game had multiple parts made, and it featured a man (i cant recall what he looked like) and a sort of blue bear thing (i believe he was an alien of sort).

One of the parts started with the guy being captured by this monster who was going to cook him i believe. You had to guide the blue bear thing and click on objects and such to find out a way to save him. Just like in The Visitor, you have to click things in the correct order or not click them at all to get trough, while some things may kill you.

I also believe, but am not sure, that the name of the game had the two's names in it (not certain). The game was also horror-ish, i would say. Some of the parts were pretty weird, and there were all sorts of creatures (the monster and that blue alien bear being some of those).

Can't say much more, i really can't remember what the other parts were about, or anything else. I'd appreciate the help!

I believe you are looking for the Several Journeys of Reemus.

DekklinOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3950  Edited By DekklinOfDeath

I'm trying to remembering a game.

It is a slow rts in space, like homeworld but slower and you only commanded half a dozen ships. It started out as corporations or something fighting over who knows what inside the asteroid belt or rings of saturn. A few missions later you're unearthing a highly advanced alien ship on Pluto and fly to a new part of the galaxy through some kind of hypserspace or wormhole. I think the big badguy in the end was an AI or robot race. They might have been building metal shielding or doing something bad to earth. You and your new tech and alien friends go back to earth to save it.

Windows, early 2000s

NEXUS: The Jupiter Incident. Highly recommend you play it if you like slow space RTSs in the same style as the TV show The Expanse.