I made a thing to watch GB videos simultaneously (List Updated Jul 30)

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Sankis

I'm trying to set this up for Friday's minecraft stream but I can't quite figure it out. I understand that the ?v= section refers to the video IDs which I got from the embed screen. There's no issue there. Similarly, the &l= names the videos going from what seems to be clockwise starting at the bottom left. However, I cannot at all figure out how to parse the sync. In this particular instance I have them all roughly synced at a moment a bit less than a minute in

Vinny should start at 16s, Jeff at 52s, Jan at 53s, and Abby at 51s. However, I can't figure out how to convert that into something the &s= section will interpret.

Am I missing something super obvious? I feel like I must be.

Edit: I think I figured it out? Seems to require X - 1 entries where X is the number of videos you have, and each number seems to relate to the +/- sync of the streams.

https://jetlag.space/sync.html?v=15888,15892,15886,15890&s=1,-35,2,&l=Abby,Jeff,Vinny,Jan Not perfect but good enough for me, personally.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Robo
jeremym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you so much for this tool btw! Been using it for the Minecraft videos for a few weeks, now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

They really should get in touch with this guy and link his his site during live streams. Heck I wouldn't even mind if he had an ad on there to get some sort of revenue on the back end - it's a useful tool that he took the time to make and would be great if he got something out of it.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By development

Still using this. Thanks for keeping up support for it. It's the only way to watch these streams imo.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

#156  Edited By bhurnie

This is very useful, thank you.

I have no idea how to make the URLs, sorry, but if someone wants to be a completionist there are some older simultaneous videos that aren't videogame recordings:

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/brad-loves-mondays-043012/2300-5933/ & https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/the-real-i-love-mondays-04302012/2970-18093/ are competing recordings by Brad and Ryan

https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/i-love-mondays-04-15-2013/2970-18054/ & https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/giant-bomb-mailbag-squishy-gill-grunt-edition/2970-17949/ are similar

And it's maybe not a great fit because it's so short, but https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/giant-bomb-mailbag-11172011/2970-17975 overlaps with https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/quick-look-kinect-disneyland-adventures/2970-14575 (~3 minutes into the first, and ~7:20 into the quick look) for barely a minute.

I'm not an insane person with some kind of super memory, I just keep a long long list of GB videos I like (maybe that's a little crazy) and the duplication was amusing enough when I watched them that I made a note of it.

ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is this not working on Safari on a MacOS for anyone else? Granted I've been having strange problems with my Safari ever since having to switch over to it from Chrome (long story), so maybe it's just me. I might migrate over to Firefox this week and will try again and report back in.

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ivanetc: It doesn't work for me on my mac in general - not even in Chrome.

FadedOasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By FadedOasis

This was working for me until this week. Now I'm getting "www.giantbomb.com refused to connect" errors on everything. I'm trying on Windows in both Firefox and Chrome, and I'm logged into both. Anyone know what's up with this?

Edit: Ended up being an issue with cookies.

johannes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160  Edited By johannes
digitalerich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By digitalerich

@fadedoasis: How did you clear this? I'm in the same boat, this was working fine up until a couple days ago (Chrome/win10). I tried clearing all GB cookies and I'm still getting the "refuse to connect" for any video that plays in the GB player.

And GB cookies are saving to Chrome.

Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#162  Edited By Jason_Miami
FadedOasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalerich: I set Firefox to allow all cookies from giantbomb.com and www.giantbomb.com. I didn't actually get it fixed in Chrome, so I'm not sure. Maybe they changed something about how embeds work?

digitalerich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadedoasis: ah ok, thanks. Yeah, I did get it working on Edge last night so maybe there's workaround for Chrome right now.

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Sankis
illrepute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By illrepute

Thanks a million OP, and thanks to everyone keeping the streams updated. I attempted to figure out how to sync it myself for a hot minute but was very confused.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#167  Edited By Humanity

@digitalerich: yah ended up using Edge as well since enabling and whitelisting third party cookies for the site doesn’t seem to work in Chrome at the moment. I’m always looking for an excuse to use Edge so I guess I got one.

HeelMAGGLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is everyone determining the S value by ear? Or is there an easier way that I'm missing?

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is everyone determining the S value by ear? Or is there an easier way that I'm missing?

It works pretty well for me if I hit play on the thumbnails and then check the auto sync box in control panel?

Then you can mute the audio on one of the streams to avoid the minimal echo there might be...

Anyways, nice job OP. Especially since CBSiVideoEmbedApi looks totally undocumented.

If people need chat friendly links you can replace a comma "," with the ASCII URI code "%2C"

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bhurnie said:

I have no idea how to make the URLs, sorry, but if someone wants to be a completionist there are some older simultaneous videos that aren't videogame recordings:

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/brad-loves-mondays-043012/2300-5933/ & https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/the-real-i-love-mondays-04302012/2970-18093/ are competing recordings by Brad and Ryan

Try this one: https://jetlag.space/sync.html?v=5932,5933&l=Ryan,Brad&s=4

After fiddling with the s for 20+ tries I think syncing two Youtube videos doesn't work too well (it doesn't respond to decimals?) and the saved_time from the browser session seems to persist regardless of URL parameters.

If you want to find your own you can:

1. Do advanced search for a premium video from the same time
  2. Click on "Share" -> "Embed" and you will get the embed link where the last number in the URL is the id
  3. Try +/- 1 to the id depending on the upload date (can be different from the publish date).

Or you could get an API key to retrieve the whole list of videos with the id there.

mason_pat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow just found this, you're a national treasure

kgabr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johannes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for posting. Wasn't quite synced up so I changed the sync value to -1 and it's pretty perfect after that.

https://jetlag.space/sync.html?v=15910,15911&l=Brad,Vinny&s=-1

@johannes said:

Love this, and to do my tiny part, here's the latest Astroneering with Brad and Vinny streams synced up:

https://jetlag.space/sync.html?v=15910,15911&l=Brad,Vinny&s=2.3

Yeah, I noticed after I posted that it changes a few times for me during the video. Not sure how that works, but at times 2.3 is fine, and at times I had to use other values (1, 1.3, 1.7 and so on).

scoppel8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By scoppel8

@heelmaggle: I usually try to start at the beginning of the video, and note a timestamp on both videos where the same sentence, clap, etc occurs. Then take the difference to get the S value.

HeelMAGGLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scoppel8: Pretty much by ear then. That's basically what i'm doing. Thanks.

MunnyShh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By MunnyShh
Iambombay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#177  Edited By Iambombay
Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's how I'm doing it. I'm not sure there's an easy way to do it outside of, like, comparing waveforms?

What I tend to do is start one video and listen until I hear something distinctive and I make note of the time. I start another and listen until I hear said distinctive thing and make note of it. Then I repeat for any other videos.

Latest Minecraft (2020-07-24) (Jan, Vinny, Jeff)

https://jetlag.space/sync.html?v=15953,15950,15954&s=1,35

Thanks a lot!

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Robo

@heelmaggle: Yeah when I did it manually it was purely by ear initially. But then I noticed the game itself was way out of sync because of different latencies. Abby's internet is rough at times (or was, I understand she may have been working on that), as is Ben's and sometimes Alex's. So I started syncing the videos to action in the game instead. Easiest way to do it in minecraft is scrub to a moment where someone dies or leaves the server then matching up that server message on each person. In astroneer you can go with the save pause when someone enters/exits a vehicle.

But to each their own. Some prefer having the speech sync up more than the gameplay.

The part that tripped me up using jetlag's site was figuring out how to input the delays. Maybe I'm an idiot and just don't understand coding. Both of those things are at least partially true. But it took me a good minute to figure out ok the time code goes in order from video to video as they're displayed and one has to be kind of the baseline the others are delayed from.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

The_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the deal with the 2020-06-12 Minecraft? I get that 2 of the videos start an hour later than all the others, but that doesn't mean I want to skip an hour of 2 of the videos? Is there any way to fix this?

Iambombay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Iambombay
foreveralice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we get this thread stickied?

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great, thanks!

DrFat32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this broken or is it just me?

endersai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By endersai

@drfat32:

Welcome to my world. Im guessing a vital authorization cookie has finally expired for everyone. I havent been able to get this to work on my new laptop or new installations of chrome but my old chrome install worked until tonight now its dead. Last i checked it works on edge chromium though.

DurMan667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broken for me as well. Doesn't work with any browser I've tried.

kingbirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still working for me, I made one for the Grounded vids. It's less needed now since Vinny is doing PIP of everyone else's stream, but it's nice having the full size of one of them to the side. Unfortunately it looks like the delay of Vinny's PIP setup means if the audio between the two vids sync up, Brad's PIP vid is a couple seconds behind his stream.

https://jetlag.space/sync.html?v=15978,15976&l=Vinny,Brad&s=-4

HeelMAGGLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

works for me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

jelroy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jetlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone I'll try to update the thread today. I've playing a lot of Minecraft lately. It is all-consuming.

So far I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to fix the cookie issue.

longevitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#192  Edited By longevitous
singing_pigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iambombay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Iambombay
kingbirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By thesquarepear

@jetlag said:

Hey everyone I'll try to update the thread today. I've playing a lot of Minecraft lately. It is all-consuming.

So far I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to fix the cookie issue.

I would imagine qlcrew.com would have the same issue and I think they give you the option to link your API key https://qlcrew.com/link_app.php but I don't know if that fixes anything for Chrome 85 users?

It's not like Google doesn't have valid reasons for setting the default to strict but I hope it doesn't cost you too much headache.

Thanks for making this anyways and people can still use it with the flag setting workaround.

kingbirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since embeds are part of the site's functionality I think it'd make sense to file a bug report for embeds not working, it should be a straightforward change for the engineering team (just need to add flag to allow cross-site access to the relevant cookies).

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers