Have you ever been turned off by a game for its art/look?

• 101 results
Skiddie77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Instant turn off for me is 3D models of skinny humans with weird faces. Dishonored, We happy few, etc... Including a lot of the Double Fine stuff. Not sure why I hate it so much but if I see it I know I will never play that game.

Splatoon is another one I can't stand. The colors are just disgusting.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cruelty Squad, despite how much I see there is something to it, is just too ugly to live in my eyes. I know I’ll never play it even knowing I’d likely enjoy it because it just looks to puke, which I get is part of the point.

EchoForge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The Tales series, and anything like the Ys games, Eternal Sonata, or those mid-/lower-tier JRPGs from the last couple of gens. I did play through Berseria cause I kept hearing hype about the story etc, but a little too stylized for me so I'm out on the rest of the series.

Trails of Cold Steel is close to that as well in terms of being intolerable, as is Dragon Quest (XI, I specifically). Somehow I can tolerate Persona, but Yakuza is probably the JRPG whose style I can tolerate most, but I'm not sure I would even count the art style as in the same league as the aforementioned.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ryudo

Most AAA games look so bland and generic to me visually I lose interest. Realism often puts me off. Also as a general rule but not always, Chibi characters. Why my 3DS was rarely played. Every RPG was Chibi crap.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark

Final Fantasy tactics is one of my all time favorites, but I can't even bring myself to look at Fell Seal. It's like they ripped the sprites from a Polly Pocket mobile game.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything about Pokemon