• 168 results
noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By noobsauce

Circus Maximus 2, Jade Empire 2, Armed and Dangerous 2, Gladius 2, Brutal Legend 2, Condemed 3, The Movies 2.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Alpha Protocol easily.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Simpsons Wrestling

I like that game

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#104  Edited By Undeadpool

I think what we're learning in this thread is that there's a surprising amount of interest in a new Alpha Protocol game. And I'm a part of it.

The game that inspired Brutal Legend: "Sacrifice" never gets any love, but it's one of my absolute favorite games from childhood. The combination of RTS and 3rd person RPG, the VERY branching storylines, the over-the-top gods and units (Stratos was voiced by Tim Curry, how is this game not more well known???)

I also wouldn't mind another "Soul Sacrifice." One of the weirdest, bleakest videogames I've ever played.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Prototype 3

phwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By phwach

Daytona USA, Sega Rally, F-Zero, or Ridge Racer. Racing games that aren't sims but still demand that you master whatever technique they designed instead.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Brute Force 2

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Though of another one: Super Robot Taisen OG. I have no hopes of the regular games being translated due to ongoing licensing issues, but those two GBA games that made it were really good.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Downhill Domination 2

Sleeping Dogs 2

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@warpr: Just a heads on on Taiko for you, yes the drums are louder than rock band drums and they are also unreliable. I have the official on they put out and it is not very responsive in certain places, super disappointing. I did some research on it and found people say to keep using it, it gets better probably because the material gets softer. Just an FYI

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I would like a true sequel to Crash Team Racing. Nitro Kart and Tag Team just aren't a true sequel. the Nitro Fueled is fantastic but they have all the tech now to make a true sequel to make it feel like the original

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool: I think Sacrifice is the reason I liked the RTS part of Brutal Legend more than most people. Had some experience managing an army while simultaneously controlling a character. Both great and tragically overlooked games with excellent voice casts.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tokyo Xtreme Racer

brokemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By brokemonkey

To those that mentioned Mutant League Football and Outcast on page 1 of this thread, they, uh, did make sequels to those. It's probably for the best that you forget I said that though

@judaspete: I too would like a sequel to Sacrifice, a perma-install for me. It was pretty much a proto-MOBA, especially in multiplayer, and now that there are actual MOBA's I'd be super curious to see what someone might do with that (the original also made me not totally hate Brad Garrett)

Anybody remember Darklands? DOS-era RPG set in literally a map of the entirety of Bohemia with no mainline plot to speak of? Get Larian on that. Or a new Krondor game, or whynotboth.gif

neverminder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tonic Trouble 2.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

Renegade Ops

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By glots
@undeadpool said:

The game that inspired Brutal Legend: "Sacrifice" never gets any love, but it's one of my absolute favorite games from childhood. The combination of RTS and 3rd person RPG, the VERY branching storylines, the over-the-top gods and units (Stratos was voiced by Tim Curry, how is this game not more well known???)

I remember most of the story being just talking heads (one of them voiced by Brad Garrett of all people, besides just Curry) and I think the game got either really difficult or my teen-self's skills just weren't enough at some point, but that game sure had the unique Shiny style to it. Really pretty graphics that ran smoothly on my PC and the fairly unique gameplay, that was relatively easy to handle still. I think more than the story, I played skirmish matches against bots and made tons of maps with the level editor, that allowed you to manipulate the ground and slap buildings/units around that you could then just marvel from real close.

Yeah, sure, I'd go for Sacrifice 2. Would need to raise Shiny from it's grave for that.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@judaspete: I was lucky enough to tell Tim Schafer in-person that I liked Brutal Legend and really appreciated the Sacrifice-adjacent gameplay follow-up.

@glots:A lot of the story was talking heads, for sure, and holy SHIT, the Earth God (based on Earthworm Jim) was TOTALLY Brad Garret!! And despite the site's battlecry of "I HOPE YOU BURN IN SHIT," he did an absolutely great job. There was a good amount of in-game engine stories too. Also the main character was voiced by Paul "Colonel Campbell" Eiding, so honestly? Voices were all it needed. Also it branched in some REALLY interesting ways, depending on which god you sided with, I remember replaying it a LOT. It definitely ramped the difficulty up big time later, you REALLY had to learn the ins-and-outs of every unit you had, and I THINK that was one of the game's big flaws: if you branched out and experimented with a bunch of different gods, you got a big mish-mash of units that didn't necessarily work great together.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAG 2.

I absolutely loved that first game. I had never really played any of the Battlefields prior to it, so the 256 player count was awesome. The objectives were a blast to follow and play. Even after playing most of the Battlefields since, they haven't recaptured the fun I had with MAG.

I have some good memories of that game too.

On more than one occasion, I was in a match where someone taking the commander role (or whatever they called it) really did an awesome job. Mostly, it was that person using their birds eye view of the battlefield to direct squads to hotspots through voice chat. On top of that, most of them did it without sounding like the drill instructor from Full Metal Jacket.

dantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primal

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've long wanted a Dark Cloud 3. Unfortunately the series was published by Japan Studio, so I feel like its already-slim odds just took another hit, lol.

Dark Cloud was a bizarre-ass couple of games. As a series its elevator pitch is probably "a JRPG where you build the towns," as their main progression involves delving into dungeons for the supplies and means to turn empty plots of land into towns. Dark Cloud 2 was particularly weird; a veritable kitchen sink of a game:

• Randomized dungeons
  • 3D lock-on (Zelda-style) combat
  • Town building (free-style placement of everything from buildings to barrels)
  • Weapon upgrading and customization
  • Mech customization (all extra on top of your regular character)
  • An actually-interesting crafting system that uses your in-game camera to capture components
  • Fishing -- which fed into separate breeding and racing minigames
  • Golf with an Ikaruga twist

The game was rich and plentiful with stuff for you to chew on for as long or as little as you wanted, going even as far as to have a built-in kind of high-score/reward system for each dungeon floor in case you cared enough to do stuff over. Both Dark Cloud 1 and 2 were certainly flawed and uneven in many respects, but they also held my attention for a long time and there's just nothing else like them. I would love to see another stab at it.

But I'm pretty sure it's lost in the pile of weird/cool Sony-published JRPGs that will never see the light of day again.

HerrHeimlich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Front Mission game or even a reboot. Not a watered down Armored Core, Front Mission Evolved. Not whatever Left Alive was. Battletech filled that void for awhile, but I was wanting more campaign content. Also it didn't have... SECRET WANZERS you get off the in game internet... Ugh. I also wished they port the Front Mission 1-5 into a collection for the pc.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Here to echo: Ninja Theory DmC love, as well as either a direct sequel or just something so audaciously big budget and streamlined as The Order 1886. I still find it wild that people think $60 is too much for games you can get 30+ hours out of and really wished more studios had tried to put out more succinct, movie-like efforts like The Order.

Another old-time vampire romp I'd love to see get another at bat is Vampyr. I chronicled much of my time with that game late last year and while it certainly wasn't without its flaws I found the game's charm and style pretty easily overcame them. There's even a pretty decent way to spec your character in the skill tree that makes most combat encounters trivial other than some very, very bad boss fights. I'd love a more fleshed out take on their social system (particularly more of a reason to not kill everyone in town) and a quality of life pass on the combat and open world aspects.

They could even fast forward to 2020 and make it about another pandemic with the same dude! What fun!

Future COP LAPD is the one I always think of first, and I'm not sure why. It was just "badass" to me as a kid, I s'pose.

I'd love for another pass at an LA Noire style game, or Blade Runner. Take your pick.

Zone of the Enders is a cool franchise; I recently replayed the first game and really should replay 2nd Runner as well since it's so much better and all. Imagine how cool that game would look and play on the modern FOX engine.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Full Spectrum Warrior 3
  • SOCOM US NAVY SEALs 1 & 2 ground-up remakes of the campaign games w/ voice commands
  • Flipped Yakuza [The played from perspective of a Cabaret Club hostess. She can compete with all of the same minigames as Kazuma Kiryu, but instead of street fighting she "charms" the thugs, drunks, gangs, and yakuza.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOCOM!!!

SOCOM III's Convoy mode was like the best thing ever, I'd like to see it come back in a game somehow, someway, if it hasn't already.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spycraft: The Great Game

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

• Metroid: Another M: Aftermath - would be a fine series if they just got rid of the dialogue, cutscenes, story, motion controls, first-person sections, etc. Followed by Metroid: Intergalactic Liberation Force. Then the prequel, Year One - Metroid: All Metroids Attack
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 2 - not sure how this would hold up without 3D, which made the UI fun to look at and made it easier to distinguish high ground
yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

Ghost Trick - A completely overlooked gem, wonderful characters and great potential for a sequel.

CrossCode - Very unlikely due to the indie team still patching and developing the base game. They just released new DLC for the game last week. Would love to see the sequel set in the "real" world.

Knights in the Nightmare - Think of real-time Final Fantasy Tactics mixed with a bullet shooter. The Japanese developer Sting develops very esoteric, difficult games that rely on lots and lots of patience. The sequel could tread the same ground but be more beginner friendly.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

@wardcleaver: Totally agree with you. It really had some great in-match moments.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By MightyDuck
@monkeyking1969 said:
  • SOCOM US NAVY SEALs 1 & 2 ground-up remakes of the campaign games w/ voice commands

YES! Give me a remake or direct sequel to Socom 1+2 and I'd forever grateful. I fell off with Socom 3. Just wasn't a fan of the large maps in 3. Confrontation on the PS3 was fun. Socom 4 was an abomination though.

hassan918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanted to see more Max Payne games but its sad to see that Rockstar stopped it after Max Payne 3.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I always wanted a Jedi Knight sequel and I'm satisfied with Jedi Fallen Order which doesn't play the exact same but was one of my favourite games that year.

A sequel in the Golden Sun series is my forever hope, although after the DS sequel that had a few issues I don't know if I'd enjoy it. Golden Sun is my favourite RPG series of all time though. I would love them to expand on psyenergy attacks in battle being also useful in the map to solve puzzles.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of what I was thinking about has been mentioned in this thread, especially Skies of Arcadia (I'd take a pc port for that at this point to be honest).

However, one that has not been mentioned and doubt would be: I really want to see a spiritual sequel to SNATCHER and Policenauts. I want to see modern Kojima do a detective visual novel. Or just a detective game. I feel like those two games really played to Kojima's strengths and had excellent pacing. Plus the soundtracks are still to this day absolute bangers.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Headlander

I enjoyed Headlander a lot, and I never hear anybody else talk about it. It wasn't the most deep of games, but it was a good time, and a good exploration platformer. I enjoyed hopping from body to body to achieve the goals, finding ways into the not-especially-hidden areas. Most of all, I enjoyed the setting.

Too often games that take place in outer space/the future are bleak, grim affairs. Everybody is trying to kill one another. Horrible creatures are doing horrible things. The mood is grim, the colors are grim. While there was violence in Headlander, it was a more light hearted take on the genre, and there was color in plenty. Basically, to me, a key element of the setting was 'space can be fun', which is too often missing from space based games. Traveling across the cosmos should leave a smile on someone's face, not terror over what is going to try and kill them next.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyduck: Yeah, SOCOM 3, 4, and all the other failed games in SOCOM never really captured what the first two game did.

The campaigns in the first two games were fun and I enjoyed the tactical play of deciding how to take out targets, move VIP rescues, and completing missions.

landhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Body Harvest. Or Space Station Silicon Valley.

joey2683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Time Commando

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Totally agree with you. The amount of time my buddies and I wasted in high school playing the campaign and then running clan wars non stop for a couple years is something we still reminisce about.

Avatar image for fixurheartordie
fixurheartordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardian Heroes Battle Royal

The story changes depending on the order of eliminations.

Kevinhfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God Hand

Craig2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised that so much has been written about Alpha Protocol. There is even nothing to add.

No8Axel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: damn came here thinking I would be the only one to say LA Noire, really want another one of those.

carsend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 16

#143  Edited By carsend

Spyro 4 which seems more and more likely these days...

I'd also like a sequel or remaster of some of the old Disney PS1 games. Toy Story 2 one by Travelers Tales and a 101 Dalmatians one by Toys for Bob in particular. Purely nostalgia lol, but with licensing I dont think those would ever happen. At least a re-release on Steam be nice.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Pretty excited that there are rumors about a new Syndicate coming around. I'm one of the "sickos" that would at this point actually want a sequel to the FPS game from Starbreeze which I thought was GREAT.

There was a time when I wanted the isometric game but now... ehh.. gimme that skrillex.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mana Khemia 3, thank you very much. Mana Khemia was the perfect mixture of good core gameplay, anime, and B-tier campiness. Mana Khemia 2 lost the campiness in favor of more anime, so it was a bit worse IMO, but taking another crack at the concept in a third game would be great. Every other Atelier game gets a trilogy, why not Mana Khemia?

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clive Barker's Jericho. It's one of my favorite games and I replay it each year and find it fun each and every single time. Dunno I'm a sucker for a good ol' campy horror story.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#150  Edited By Onemanarmyy