Game Sequels Only you would want

• 168 results
trh5001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are there any games you would love a sequel for but think you are in the minority for wanting said sequel?

What would you like to see in said sequel?

For example I was playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions while waiting for Persona 5 Strikers to unlock the other day and it got me thinking I would love a sequel to that game, give me a character who wants to be a pro wrestler, but I would probably be in the minority about that.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Skies of Arcadia, maybe? No one seems interested in making it, at any rate. Another Lunar game?

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BladeOfCreation

Advent Rising and Alpha Protocol.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Efesell  Online

I want a sequel to Dragon Quarter. Which is widely (wrongly) considered the worst game in the Breath of Fire series.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warpr

Guitar Hero.

I love music-rhythm games, especially Pump it Up and Dance Dance Revolution, but it's difficult to get a good set up at home. And flailing your arms around hasn't been as satisfying as pressing a physical button.

(I had a bunch of dance games on kinect, we have at least one Just Dance game on each Nintendo platform since they started making them, I have Beat Saber on Oculus Quest... it's doesn't quite scratch the same itch).

Guitar Hero and Rock Band were great because of how mainstream and accessible they made playing a real music-rhythm game on a console.

I guess the closest you can get nowadays might be Taiko no Tatsujin on Switch or PS, but I haven't tried that yet as I'm afraid the drums are going to be too noisy. I've also tried controller games like Xonic (from the DJ Max people I think), but again, not as satisfying as the plastic instruments or metal dance pad.

Also Sleeping Dogs, but to be fair there's enough other open world checklist games out there, I don't miss that one as much :)

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next Mass Effect Andromeda.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Final Fantasy 12

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wetrix 2.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By imhungry

Alpha Protocol would be my answer too but apparently there's at least 2 of us who want it!

So instead, give me a sequel to Dokapon Kingdom so that I can try and con my friends into embarking on another friendship destroying playthrough.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpr: There's a lot of folks, including myself that would love a sequel to Sleeping Dogs if the developer was still around. It brought something unique to the open world sandbox table that most don't and that's a solid and enjoyable combat system....and no, Yakuza just doesn't scratch that itch the same way.

For me though, I'd say Tokyo Jungle as I never see anyone talk about that game which seems forever lost to PS3 purgatory. That and Mutant League Football.

Oh, and just in terms of i.p. potential, Bayou Billy would be awesome as a modern day game with the popularity of Swamp People and whatnot. A gator hunting game melded with a cajun Sleeping Dogs? Gimme.

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayou Billy would be awesome as a modern day game with the popularity of Swamp People and whatnot. A gator hunting game melded with a cajun Sleeping Dogs? Gimme.

You mad bastard, this is genius.

pajamariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vagrant Story. I loved building weapons piece by piece, and developing each weapon to become better with all the different monster types.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiftygism: I think about Tokyo Jungle maybe once a week still. I would be thrilled if they even just re-released it on PS4/PS5. A sequel would blow my mind.

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wollywoo said:

Wetrix 2.

I don't even know what that would be but hell yeah let's do it! (Aqua Aqua was not it)

trh5001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeofcreation: i would love an alpha protocol sequel. That game is probably one of my top 5 360 games

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new Pilotwings on Switch.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bigsocrates  Online

@sombre said:

Final Fantasy 12

Nah. FF XIII-2-2. THAT'S THE GAME!

Tokyo Jungle was a Sony Japan Studio joint so there's no chance of getting a sequel now.

My pick is Sunset Overdrive 2. Insomniac owns the IP so it technically could happen (though it obviously won't) but man I loved the mix of Tony Hawk and Ratchet & Clank gameplay, and even though the story was dumb I didn't find it obnoxious. I think it had some of the best open world traversal ever and the weapons were nuts in a good way. I would love to play another of those.

telliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dark Cloud 3. I absolutely adore the first two games and nothing I have played has captured the community building and dungeon exploring balance of these games.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Humanity

A follow up to that 3D Bionic Commando that only I loved and like 3 other people.

Another Dark Sector cause I think the glaive weapon was actually a really cool idea and I liked the Guyver-sequel bio suit even if it was all based on Warframe.

Remember Me 2 - awesome art direction and once again a really cool idea with the memory remixing. Would be awesome if they expanded upon it.

Another Sunset Overdrive. They managed to somehow combine Jet Set Radio with a shooter and it worked. I remember playing that game right after Red Dead 2 and it was such a refreshing change of pace.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imhungry said:

Alpha Protocol would be my answer too but apparently there's at least 2 of us who want it!

Hell, I'll settle for the original AP on Xbox back compat.

But my actual answer is Sunset Overdrive (OK... it's probably not just me).

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bigsocrates  Online

@humanity: Honestly for Dark Sector and Remember Me remakes might be better than sequels. Both those games have cool ideas but are not great...games. I played Remember Me last year and the world building is still pretty good and the remixes are cool in concept (though not actually fun or interesting to play because of their bad structure) but the part where you actually fight stuff, which is the majority of the game, is not good. Likewise Dark Sector had a cool idea and look but was kind of a bad game.

discoriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've spent the last 18 years wanting a follow-up to Gladius.

Gyratyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oni. I liked the mix of hand-to-hand and gun combat at the time. Although newer games have long since surpassed it, I can't recall any that played quite like it. I thought the story was alright and wouldn't mind seeing where things went after the ending. The anime aesthetic is nothing new nowadays, but a third person action game that looked as good as Guilty Gear Strive would be excellent. More playable characters with advanced move sets and more strange weapons like that energy ghost launcher.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 FinalDasa  Moderator

Lost Kingdoms.

Two games from From Software before the Dark Souls era. All about deck building but using it to battle and fight monsters yourself. Some cards summon monsters, some are weapons, some sit and buff or heal.

Great Gamecube game and something I wish they'd at least port to PC.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Twisted Metal. In a world where PS+ online games can really hit big, it's just a perfect fit. It fits with deathmatch, it fits with objective modes, and it can even work as a battle royale.

Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile, Tenchu, Jet Moto, Leegacy of Kain, and basically a whole bunch of other franchises from the PS1 era.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lost Odyssey...maybe?

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By NickM

Sanity: Aiken’s Artefact. I’m pretty sure I’d have to make it myself, because no one else is aware of it’s existence.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dark Souls II: 2

taylorwmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Legend of Dragoon. Was my favorite jrpg behind FF VII on PlayStation.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

@efesell said:

I want a sequel to Dragon Quarter. Which is widely (wrongly) considered the worst game in the Breath of Fire series.

This is the only Breath of Fire game I own. It's so experimental and different from anything I've played, I thought that's why people liked that series! Then I got on the internet and I did not have a good time...

Also, anytime anything like this comes up, I'm obligated to tap the sign:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6427167031e01
deactivated-6427167031e01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

@bladeofcreation: Alpha Protocol deserves a sequel! What a great, flawed game with so much potential.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not the only person who enjoyed MDK 1 and 2, but I still can't imagine a lot of people glamoring for MDK 3 at this point anymore. I'd be pretty okay with it happening, keeping up the odd humour of the series and expanding on the multiple protagonists of two.

Outcast 2 is another game that I feel like probably some people out there would want to see, but I can't imagine it's a big number of folks. The original is one of my favorite pc-games ever and I'd love to go back to that world.

...Ghosthunter 2? Just make it control as well as most modern third-person shooters and I'd be stoked to blast some ghosts and monsters. I need more b-games like that in my life.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was going to say Alpha Protocol but apparently lots of folks want a sequel to Alpha Protocol.

MAKE IT HAPPEN MICROSOFT

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite shooter of the PS2 was Black, I adored that game and I played it to death, I would love a sequel but I know it will never happen.

Also, I would love to know what happens after Prey 2018, another game I love that ends with some great world-building for a sequel but I think it would need to have an entirely new cast of characters.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 2

Some time over the years, EasyGameStation seemingly vanished or at least stopped producing games as often as they used to, but there's a really solid foundation in Recettear that deserves more attention.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theuprightman: There was that one game pitched as a spiritual successor, Bodycount, but given how that was... yeah, best not to think of that as a sequel. :P

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lapsariangiraff I actually have Bodycount on my shelf but funnily enough, I never got around to playing it.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheRealTurk

Since Matthew Rorie's Alpha Protocol is taken, I'll go way back and pick either a current-gen Spy Hunter or Return Fire.

bumsplikity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ribbit King

I want more frogs, more golf, more effeminate announcers. Give me more of it all, and I'll pay whatever you ask.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#40  Edited By fisk0

Apparently I'm the only one who liked Bioware's best game, Shattered Steel, and would like to play the sequel they announced in 1996 but never released.

I guess I'd also like to see sequels to Sim Isle, the only Maxis title I never see anybody else talking about, or Hybrid, that odd 360 era third person cover based shooter in which you had a jetpack and jumped between cover points, which could be on the ceilings and stuff, but really couldn't move freely outside of that.

Oh, I'd also love another sequel to Section 8, the "what if Titanfall was more like Tribes but also released 4 years earlier, had simple base building mechanics and a bigger vehicle selection and also was fun to play" by TimeGate (who got shuttered when Gearbox blamed them for the Colonial Marines fiasco).

And I wish Ubisoft would release a new Battle Isle/Historyline game. Turn-based strategy has never been more popular, but they just keep making the exact same open world thing over and over again when they own some incredible TBS franchises. :(

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@bigsocrates: Dark Sector I didn't have a problem with in terms of gameplay and it played just fine for those times, it was just a little too derivative of Gears so it courted the comparison and it wasn't hard to imagine which game came out on top when put side by side.

Remember Me is ..I'd say more of an acquired taste. For a long time I didn't really understand the combat very well and found it frustrating. When I learned how they actually want you to play it, that you're supposed to input the button combinations sort of like a music game, it became much better. Granted, it was never amazing, but I thought being able to create your own combos was pretty clever especially since those combos were responsible for replenishing your health and energy.

Either way sequel or remaster I wouldn't mind seeing a director continuation, but like the thread title suggests, I would probably be the only one who would.

Briten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Outfit. Great early 360 game. 3rd person action shooting with tower defense like elements that allowed you to accrue battle points to deploy vehicles and turrets. It was set in WW2 with a campy vibe.

My friend and I put a 100 hours in easy.

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jazzpunk 2 would be great, I'm unsure how much more humor you can wring out of it, but I would like to see them try.

Also, how has nobody made a game with destruction mechanisms as satisfying as Red Faction: Guerilla in over 10 years (including its sequel)?! I don't necessarily want a Red Faction sequel, but I feel like we have been long due another bonkers destruction games. Potential for destruction was one of the things I was most looking forward to in the last generation, but no game really came all that close.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dragon Age Origins: 2. To varying degrees the actual sequels wildly missed the mark on the combat and no one since has really done that full 3D behind the back presentation with a pause-and-play Infinity Engine-style tactical combat system. There are plenty of full 3D party based RPGs but they’re all turnbased to my knowledge, and plenty of Infinity Engine-style games, but they’re all isometric. Give me my middle ground!

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShadyPingu

I don't know if I'm the only person who would buy a new Baten Kaitos. But it's got to be a pretty exclusive club.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwing42:Yes. Skies was great. It got so much hate for being cliche or normal storytelling but people can eat that mess. Great game. Personally, I want Power stone 2 online or Power Stone 3. That or jet set radio future 2. Legends of dragoon 2, etc. So sad that you can always expect another mario or Call of duty or open world, or battle royal but never some gems of old. Yet everyone craps their pants fo call of duty 200 or mario 493, great games but still.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By redwing42

I know Matt Rorie's Alpha Protocol always gets a decent amount of support, so I didn't include that, though I'd also love a sequel.

Recettear is a good deep cut. Never finished it, but I put a dozen or so hours in and really enjoyed it. I assumed that Moonlighter did some of the same things, but with less Anime charm.

Spliffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: A new MDK would be fantastic. They could do so much cool and wierd shit with todays tech. Some really far out architectures, weapons, enemies etc.

I would personally love to see a new Shogo from Monolith. They really nailed the combat in the F.E.A.R. games and even some of the mech stuff. Basically do that but on a bigger scale and more anime.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9de71ea580
deactivated-65f9de71ea580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Einhänder II.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Onemanarmyy

A new Gabriel Knight game. I probably played like 40 point & click games, but Gabriel Knight 3 holds a special place in my heart as one of the most immersive adventures i dived into.

I'm probably halfway through Septerra Core right now and while the combat of that game is nothing special (and actively gets improved by using a cheat that shows health numbers), those characters and that world that's built up out of multiple shells still keeps my interest in 2021. At one point an entire shell got yeeted upwards into another shell!) One spiritual successor to that plz.

I also want a new Drakan (why are there so few RPG's where you end up flying around on a elemental damage spitting dragon??) , a new Shogo (Love the perspective shift from playing on-foot levels and then selecting a big ass mech for other levels.. Also you could make your mech transform into a speedy vehicle! woohoo).

Re-Volt's 'toy in a big world'- aesthetic would also be a great thing to have as a modern arcade racer. Impossible Creatures' RTS that lets you make your own creatures was also a lot of fun. Also get me a new Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball! And a new Gunz The Duel that actually focuses on K-style movement instead of the class-based Gunz 2.

And finally i think it's time for a new Messiah game, Mario Oddyssey and Stacking has shown that there's still fun to be had by possessing other units to use their abilities.

PS: The following games are probably on quite some people's wishlists:

The cancelled Dungeon Keeper 3. (How would it be different now that your demons have to go out in the real world?) A new Black & White game. A new Populous game. A new Monkey Island. Warcraft IV. A new Age Of Mythology. A FF8 offshoot all about Laguna, Kiros & Wards' exploits. A FF10 offshoot starring Auron, Braska and Jecht. A new NOLF game (you don't necessarily need Cate Archer and H.A.R.M, you just need a saucy english spy, an evil organization, a bucket of humor and a whole lot of 60's campiness).