Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Franchise »

Bioshock is a series of award winning first person shooters published by 2K Games. The first and third games were developed by Ken Levine's Irrational Games, while the second installment was handled by 2K Marin.

Favorite BioShock game?

• 54 results
    Avatar image for madmadhascrashd
    MadMadHasCrashd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Favorite BioShock game? (278 votes)

BioShock 1 43%
    BioShock 2 8%
    BioShock Infinite 49%
     • 
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Bioshock 1. Infinite's story is a convoluted fucking mess.

Sor_Eddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Definitely Infinite. Loved the art style and I think it'll definitely age a lot better because of it - Bioshock 1 was a Unreal Engine 2.5 game when it came out as opposed to UE3, so it was already outdated when it came out. It looks really for that, sure, but that Rapture DLC for Infinite shows just what a huge difference there is when you take that same art and environment and run it on UE3.

I fear the original BioShock aged pretty badly, especially in the face of the Snowpiercer film, but it is still a thousand times better than the shit-biscuit that is BioShock Infinite; a game so awful that I wanted to throw my chair against the wall!

Jeez, what makes it so bad for you?

Ibarguengoytia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed B1 the most. It had a better atmosphere than the others. And Infinite was too much of a mess story-wise and boring to play.

postnothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Infinite. Loved the art style and I think it'll definitely age a lot better because of it - Bioshock 1 was a Unreal Engine 2.5 game when it came out as opposed to UE3, so it was already outdated when it came out. It looks really for that, sure, but that Rapture DLC for Infinite shows just what a huge difference there is when you take that same art and environment and run it on UE3.

To be fair, most of art/assets used in BaS was created from scratch and not just ported from Bioshock. That was probably one of the reasons why it took so long for the dlc to come out. I have no experience in game development, but I believe if they just used the assets used in Bioshock/Bioshock 2, it wouldn't look so good. There's footage of the Bioshock 1 running on UE4 and it doesn't look quite as good as BaS (if you're interested, here's the video).

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I liked BioShock 1 the best, Infinite was cool, 2 doesn't really count for me.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#56 riostarwind  Moderator

It may not be the one that plays the best but I've always enjoyed Bioshock 1 the most. Nothing beats exploring Rapture for the first time and the story also had me hooked more than the sequels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.