Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Franchise »

Bioshock is a series of award winning first person shooters published by 2K Games. The first and third games were developed by Ken Levine's Irrational Games, while the second installment was handled by 2K Marin.

Bioshock Collection for PS4/Xbone rumoured to be released in November 2015

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Latest participant in the trend that is likely to be the winner of Please Stop! awards, there's a rumour hinting towards a Bioshock Collection release later this year, that would include Bioshock 1, 2, Infinte and all the DLC.

I played both 1&2 along with Minerva's Den before Infinite, so I think I can skip this one. I do hope they sharpen up the graphics for 1 and 2, but it'll probably be the basic 1080p and (hopefully) 60fps treatment for 'em.

I'm not completely against this particular trend myself, seeing how I've already bought Journey, Saint's Row IV, GTA V and TLOU for PS4 (with Uncharted collection coming next week...), but there sure has been plenty of these coming this year. Next week it'll be Darksiders 2 for PS4/Xbone and I think there was also a rumour 'bout Arkham Asylum and City hopping over to new generation before the year ends.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like these as long as they are done well and arent priced crazy

am I the only one? :(

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'm interested. Always wanted to play BioShock 2 again in particular and I've been curious in giving Infinite's DLC a go for sometime.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I could go for this. Never played the second one.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like these as long as they are done well and arent priced crazy

am I the only one? :(

Im the same. If its something i haven't already bought and played for a good price there a fantastic deal. And if i have already played them, i wait till there $15-$5 on sale and think about playing them again, since i normally don't buy DLC there is always that added bonus of new stuff. I don't really get the hate people have for new collections coming out, don't like em don't buy em.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Really hope that the Minerva's Den DLC is packaged in this collection as its currently unlisted on Xbox Live, etc.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is ever cheaper than the $15 it would have taken for me to pick up Minerva's Den, then sure, I'll pick it up.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By whitegreyblack

The only issue I take with these is that these ports seldom add anything worthwhile enough to make the purchase worth it if you have bought them anytime in the past. I am obsessive about owning the most complete and "best" version of games and while some remasters definitely offer this, many others do not add enough to warrant a purchase for me. Some don't even bring the performance up to current standards (I'm thinking framerate here - the QL of Saints Row IV remastered showed a lot of slowdown and poor performance that was also present in the last-gen versions, which was pretty disappointing).

That said... it's getting to the point where I'd actually nominate "people's outrage over remasters" as the Please Stop for 2015, especially since we now know:

• the porting of these titles is usually done by third-party port houses and does not take time and resources away from your favorite developer working on their next project
    • these remasters give someone who is just getting into the current consoles a chance to play some great games they may not have been able to play before
    • they give stakeholders a chance to make some relatively quick funds, which will hopefully help fund future projects
    Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Announcing a three-game collection less than two months before its release doesn't make me very hopeful for the quality of the remaster, provided this actually is a thing. Anyway, I've been thinking about replaying the first Bioshock for a while now, and I wouldn't mind playing Infinite at 60fps, so I'm kind of interested.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Considering there is nothing else coming out this year I care about I wouldn't be opposed to digging into BioShock again.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I guess this is a good thing for people who missed these games the first time around and don't own a PC. I think I got Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Infinite on Steam for under $15 sometime last year though, and those games have been going on regular deep discount on Steam and other PC stores for years now. Hopefully this package isn't too expensive, especially if the games haven't been significantly overhauled.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• the porting of these titles is usually done by third-party port houses and does not take time and resources away from your favorite developer working on their next project

I think this is something that most people get angry about. I mean, if it meant that every single one of those developers would be putting out triple A titles instead of these things they "have to" work on, then sure, I'd understand, but I don't think that's the case...

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Im down, 1 and infinite are some of the best from the last generation.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Wait, where are all the people complaining about port jobs taking away from money and time devs could be spending making new games?

I would definitely be interested in this if I hadn't replayed all of the games last year. They're all still pretty good. Bioshock 2 still has way better gameplay than 1 and Infinite and people still don't often give it credit for that.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

System Shock re-released on GOG recently too.

It's "shock" mania.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Mike said:

I guess this is a good thing for people who missed these games the first time around and don't own a PC. I think I got Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Infinite on Steam for under $15 sometime last year though, and those games have been going on regular deep discount on Steam and other PC stores for years now. Hopefully this package isn't too expensive, especially if the games haven't been significantly overhauled.

Seriously if this package isn't 30 dollars or less they are crazy these games have been dirt cheap for quite some time, unless they do some real work to spruce them up (I imagine they won't).

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By whitegreyblack

@glottery: It's understandable. I've been guilty of thinking that's the case, too.

It's unfortunate some game news outlet has not made an effort to inform their readers about what a remaster port job usually entails and who is actually doing the work - I think it would make an interesting read and give people some insight. I imagine scary to consider speaking up with a view contrary to the anger-tide of the Internet, though (I'm sure there's more to it than that. I might just be a bit facetious here!).

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be really interested in this if they moved the games to UE4 and fixed the texture pop-in.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd pay $30 to $40 for this

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a good amount of time since I've played the first Bioshock and would revisit the other two again too. 30 dollars would be the sweet spot for this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.