Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 18, 2010

Yakuza 4 is the fourth game in Sega's crime drama series, known as 'Ryu ga Gotoku' in Japan. As a first for the series, the story is split between the viewpoints of four different protagonists.

Will I understand the story if I have never played any of them?

Scarz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Scarz09

I have the game pre ordered because I enjoyed the demo and the story looks interesting, but my question to those who have played the previous ones is will I be able to get into it if I have not played any of them?.  

Thanks.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

You can actually sit through recap videos in the beginning if you want. They are quite lengthy so... grab some popcorn and beer if you are going to watch it.

thuiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thuiscool

Yea there are recap videos at the beginning, but it's a pretty lengthy story.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ttocs

I did this with the third one and was fine.  I never played either of the first two and when I started playing 3, I sat through the recap videos and was fine.  To be honest though, even people who have played the earlier games get lost from time to time.  The game is completely in Japanese with subtitles so it's easy to get confused with people's names, locations, etc.  This isn't a knock at the game, it's amazing, but it's ok to be confused and/or lost...it all comes together in the end.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Zabant

The plot? 

You will probably understand it as much as any japanese video game with a story, that is to say; not at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.