Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

Xcom 2 SLI fix.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

looks like the new NVidia drivers have a sli profile for xcom2 now.

Version361.91 - WHQL
    Release DateMon Feb 15, 2016

– XCOM 2 – SLI profile added (including necessary code change)

Is it better for anyone? (i'm at work now and can't try it). Hopefully they ninja'd in some help for the single GPUs too.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@zurv: I just tried these new drivers out. I'm getting the same problem with SLI as I did when using the Tomb Raider bits - cover indicators aren't showing up. Going back to a single card.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm seeing the same problems you are. But the performance is much lower than with rise of the tomb raider bits. I guess the good news is for someone that doesn't want to screw around with profiles (guys... if you are multi GPU'n.. you kinda should :) ) that some SLI is working for xcom 2 now.

Also in this release was a profile for the Division beta .. that needs help too and bit can't help with that (or so i was told by NVidia - they said it need driver and engine changes)... yeah.. the Division... i'm looking at you mike! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I set the sli setting to 'force alternate rendering 2' in the nvidia config thingy and that worked for the most part (mostly stable 30fps max detail fxaa in 4k). Haven't tried the new drivers yet though.

UPDATE: Just tried the new drivers and they made the game perform worse then before. Granted SLI does work but as soon as I try to move a character the GPU usage drops to 50% on both cards and I'm treated to a jittery 20 fps. Even forcing alternate frame rendering 2 like before has the same problem now. Also the cover icons are still not displayed in SLI. Guess I'll be waiting for another update...

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:

@zurv: I just tried these new drivers out. I'm getting the same problem with SLI as I did when using the Tomb Raider bits - cover indicators aren't showing up. Going back to a single card.

Holy shit, they STILL have that problem? That was a EU/EW thing I could swear they ironed out. How the hell is it back again?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hotfix that was released yesterday hasn't improved SLI performance either. I understand SLI users account for 1% of pc gamers but still.

spinka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: @mirado: @bdead:

You can use my temporary solution cover icons with SLI: "SLI Simplified Cover Icons" on Nexusmods (http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom2/mods/384/?)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.