Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

The Next Gen. News we've all been waiting for- BOOT SCREEN

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It needs Ballmer's irate heartbeat underpinning the fantastical shimmer.

Wow, never predicted I'd say that today when I woke up this morning.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It goes to show how starved I am for next-gen news, because this got me excited.

At least it won't be the ridiculous earthquake-causing boot of the Xbox One X. Because turning that thing on at night without muting my speakers probably wakes up a couple people in my condo complex.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigsocrates  Online

It's very corporate Microsoft, which is not surprising, and may be a sign that Microsoft continues to want to position the console as an all in one living room box rather than specifically a games machine, which makes sense and likely matches up with their data on how users actually use the device (I have a friend with an Xbox One who doesn't really play games anymore but still uses it to stream video.)

The problem with the Xbox One at launch was not that it offered lots of video apps, it was that it was underpowered for games and had the stupid Kinect and HDMI pass through TV stuff (is the TV stuff even still supported?) With Phil Spencer at the helm that's not going to be an issue again.

I kind of wish it was more "gamey" but it's not a big deal. Consoles are now aimed at middle aged people in addition to teens and 20-somethings and the boot screen stuff reflects that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Some real PS1 vibes off the effect that ends the boot-up sound.

I love this. I hope boot-up screens never, ever go away.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Doesn't get me quite as hyped as the "CHECK OUT ALL THIS POWERRRRRR SHHHHHHHBWOW" Xbox One X boot screen but it's nice in its own right.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: ha, not sure if you saw it but that feels very ANNIHILATION (2018) when it's slowed down like that.

speaking of which someone needs to call moderat or the dudes that did the annihilation soundtrack- i would take a 7 minute startup boot if it was filled with abstract synth drone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.