Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

Concept »

Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that have been approved to run on the Xbox One's backwards compatibility feature.

Do you think enhancing the Crysis trilogy would be cool (considering we probably won't get a remaster of them)?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

There are still a bunch of games that I hope will release as backward compatible, and the Crysis trilogy is up there. Granted the console versions don't look nearly as good as the PC version, I do however think them possibly enhancing it on the One X especially would be super cool and probably look good in its own right. I know it'd be corny, but Microsoft could use the 'can it run Crysis?' tagline to advertise it. Just saying.

Crysis 1 on consoles I didn't like as much as the PC version for a few reasons (took out or replaced a few too many aspects), but it was still a good version to play and would love seeing what that looks like in 4K. Do you even think Microsoft could pull that off while maintaining or exceeding the original frame rate? On a side note, for those that have an X, what games specifically would you like to see enhanced? Obviously 'every game' is the ideal answer, but it's not realistic.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100% yes. The console version of Crysis 1 was abysmal, sadly. It ran and looked like crap.

All 3 of those games are stunning on PC. Be nice to get something closer to that quality on the Xbox One X.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I’m just over here hopelessly waiting for DJ Hero 1 and 2

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I don’t even care about enhancements. If they put up Otogi 1, 2, and Jet Set Radio Future in the store and backwards compatible, Microsoft, I will buy an XBO. Wish I could play those again...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd like to play those games with a steady frame rate. The 360 versions did what I needed to at the time, but the frame rate was in the 20's so there's no way I could go back to that today. Since I don't have a gaming PC I would love a trilogy rerelease.

As someone that had never touched the original Crysis, I thought 2 was an incredible game when I played it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Yeah, Crysis (or I guess the trio) was in the 20 fps range often on the consoles. Crysis 2, aside from the excellent soundtrack and the atmosphere to a degree was one of the most disappointing games from last-gen to me, but I played it a lot still and overall I still think it's a fine game. It had one of the worst A.I. I had ever seen in an AA game, some pretty disheartening bugs, the voice work in many areas wasn't great, and I wasn't initially fond of the huge turn in its story as I was hoping for them to continue directly off of the first one. Three was a game I felt people didn't care about so by and large the consensus for it was 'meh', but to me, it was better than two as it kept what was great about two, but also fixed some of the issues it had and brought back Psycho, a character I liked. In a conversion to Xbox One X, yes frame rate would be a welcome enhancement too. If they managed to up the resolution and frame rate, that'd be amazing.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greg: I played Crysis 1 on its lowest settings because the PC I was using couldn't handle it otherwise, but I still fell in love with the game and played the game many times through until Crysis 2's release (that said, I first played Crysis 2 in 2009). Any time I would set it to max settings, it'd sure look pretty, but I'd be getting five frames per second. Crysis 2 was hardly any better, but at its lowest setting, I'd at least get 60fps. That said, I never did finish the PC version and put most of my time into the 360 version, and I only played the 360 version of Crysis 3. Visually speaking, Crysis on 360 looked fine to me, and with a higher resolution and steadier frame rate, it could look really great perhaps. They used their then current engine to recreate the game. My issue with the console version stems from them taking out some of my favorite tracks from the soundtrack, they took out the VTOL mission which I enjoyed, and there was no leaning functionality. Those things were probably above all else what bothered me from what I can remember.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.