Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World War II

Concept »

Lasting from 1939 to 1945, The second World War was a conflict between the Allies and the Axis. It was the most devastating conflict in human history.

Your Top Ten Favorite World War II Games

• 58 results
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By penguindust

@JEC03: Yeah, you're right. It was about 8 or 9 years ago, so I couldn't recall off the top of my head. Thanks for the correction, though.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Deranged

@damnable_fiend: Meh, I thought it was extremely enjoyable and even better playing with a buddy in co-op. Love the stealth elements and even though it's buggy, still FAR better than Sniper: Ghost Warrior. I am MASSIVELY jacked up for the sequel.

GerneralTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By GerneralTaco

well a good game would most definetlly be call of duty 3 and medal of honor games but a strategy game in it realistic old but good i play it for xbox 360 is RUSE cheak it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
    deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GerneralTaco said:

well a good game would most definetlly be call of duty 3 and medal of honor games but a strategy game in it realistic old but good i play it for xbox 360 is RUSE cheak it out.

Ur Engleesh iz gud AnD i see U r Nuw. Seriously though, welcome to Giant Bomb also COD 3 is junk and so is RUSE. COMPANY OF HEROES 4 LIFE DAWG!

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By twillfast

I thought there were more good WWII-games. I have a feeling I got really burnt out by them because there were alotta real bad WWII games.

Can't believe nobody mentioned Sudden Strike or Sudden Strike 2. At least in my memory, they're a bit of a precursor to Company of Heroes. I don't think I can make a top ten list, since some of my tops were mods for Quake 2 and Half-life.

Btw, I was trying to find a hex-based strategy game which I thought was called "Dogs of War", but that apparently wasn't it. It's basically Close Combat, but bigger scale and older, I think. Anyone got any ideas?

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By IceColdGamer

Speaking of Sudden Strike. Does anyone remember the infamous "Blitzkrieg" series? What a frustratingly annoying but beautiful and tactical strategy game. Loved it!

WW2GamesHQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Day of defeat started as a half life mod but was turned into a full blown release after its popularity exploded, definitely one of the forgotten WW2 classics. We have created a top 10 list of WW2 games here at ww2gameshq.com.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

[Just noticed this is a very old thread but I was thinking about it after the topic about a WWII comeback. Also what the hell is up with the damn double posts?]

Edit: Hah, and now the original post has vanished and the nonsensical duplicate post is here, oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.