Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

What's your total time played?

• 61 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
    deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Its something like 7 months. The more disgusting stat I looked up was how much I spent on character transfers, which is over $600.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ZERO for me too! im so proud of myself. although it was hard not to want to waste my life in a world of Pandas....

gregoryc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My /played is roughly 6000 hours. I don't have an account that is currently active so my exact /played is only what I remember the last time I checked. I haven't played much in the last few years. Most of play time was from November 2004 to August 2008.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

20 minutes

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By Tom_omb

@wemibelec90@random45

Be careful, there are some nasty rumors circulating about WoD. Your assumptions about daily quests are quite the opposite. There is going to be Timeless Isle style exploration/discovery level 100 content and way fewer dailies. Also, weekly story quests and Garrison activities. Some are arguing they went too far in the other direction this time. As someone who doesn't enjoy raiding I'm looking forward to playing it at launch and judging for myself.

Here's an example of a Garrison quest. It looks more like a Guild Wars 2 style quest hub to me where a variety of activities will all work to fill in one progress bar.

Loading Video...

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

28 hours. never got crazy into it but hey 30 hours of gameplay is pretty good for a game id say.

mortal_sb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played excessively for 9 months in 2006 and then stopped. my playtime added up to about 2 months in those 9.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm over 200 days played between all my characters (two level 90s, one level 60, and one level 70 I gave to a friend. Can't get the exact amount since I don't have an active account at the moment. I will soon though once Warlords launches.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@tom_omb: I pointed out in my original comment that I didn't know if anything I said was actually true about WoD--it was just what I had heard. As for the dailies, I never said that it had been confirmed that they would be the same. I just noted my overall distaste for dailies, as I really hate mindless tasks I was "forced" to complete every day.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@tom_omb: I just don't see why you picked on my post, because almost everything I said was confirmed in that post you linked. WoD is going to have eight dungeons at launch, which is fewer than the nine that Pandaria had. Several abilities are being stripped away from each class, in an effort to consolidate what needs to be hit (which I can agree with in the case of things like cooldowns to pop). Most of the lost abilities are minor, such as Hunter's Mark , but I still feel it takes a bit of individuality away from those classes (going off of beta patch notes--maybe those changes aren't final). There isn't going to be any flying, at least at launch. It is a bit of a retread, but in the same way that Cataclysm was a retread of past areas--redesigned but still often in the spirit of those original zones. The price is definitely $50.

The one point that can be argued is the "two missing zones at launch" thing. They have stated that Tanaan Forest won't have full functionality at launch, even though the zone will be there. This is something that has probably happened before; it's just that we know about it this time and can complain. As for the other zone, Farahlon, it is true that it was never confirmed for launch, so I made a mistake there. The rest of my points (noted above) are all valid.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Tom_omb

@wemibelec90: I know, I'm not trying to be argumentative or condemning. The things you said just reminded me of some of the rumors out there. Most of what you said is correct, yes.

fockalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WoW is a great game, srsly. It took me like 40 hours of BC to realize it. And when I got it I droped the game. I dont have time for such a game. Its really cool, that's why only 40 hours(=

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.