Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 13, 2014

Allowing players to enter the past and tread the world of Draenor before its destruction, the fifth World of Warcraft expansion brings a level cap increase to level 100, a new world, and another graphics engine overhaul.

More like Bore-lords of Lame-bored, am I right?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By rorie

Hah, no, I'm joking: Warlords of Draenor is pretty rad. I've been playing it a bunch. Here are some thoughts! (Keep in mind I wrote most of this a month or so ago, so some of it might be a bit dated.)

gotta get home to play warlords
    gotta get home to play warlords

Garrisons: Mostly great! I would've changed a few things here and there, of course. I think buildings are a bit expensive compared to what I would like; considering the difficulty in understanding precisely which buildings will benefit you most, it would've been nice to be able to experiment and build a few and give those a while before going another direction. I guess it's easy enough to switch, but the resource and gold costs can be punitive if you get something up to level three before you decide to go another direction, especially when you’re splitting time between multiple alts, and especially since gold seems to be flowing in at a slightly slower pace than it has in the past.

It’s an interesting iteration of the Panda farms, but the garrisons are good enough at this point to make it interesting to think about how future expansions will incorporate the tech. Farm to garrison to...what? Your own city? Your own airship? It’ll be fun to see how they top this. It feels expansive enough as it is; it’s hard to imagine what the bigger garrisons they’ve hinted at for later in the expansion will look like.

I’m not sure if it’s a drawback or a bonus, but the garrisons feel like they’re almost enough content to get me through a day’s worth of WoW. Between two lvl 100s and a few more 90’s, logging in and doing my missions during a lunch break (this is especially great for old-ass laptops that don’t run dungeons so well), and then spending an hour or so more doing some of the same tasks at home can top off my WoW crackdiction meter before I even think about going to do a garrison daily or a dungeon. With garrison missions that can drop 630 ilvl gear or even better (I just got my first Highmaul mission for a 655 piece), maybe I’ll never have to do a dungeon again! Go forth, my peons, and retrieve my goods for me. I’ll be having a snack in my inn.

i say hello to your behind
    i say hello to your behind

Also, the act of finding followers and increasing their level is inherently pleasurable, and that’s coming from someone who never bothered much with pet battles. I would’ve been happier with a bit more randomization of the followers in the field, though; there aren’t quite enough options to make the leveling experience feel all that varied from one alt to the next. But as it is, hunting down Leorajh and Blook and Archmage Vargoth and the other followers that you missed is a good way to kill some time while leveling or when you hit 100.

It’s a bit odd at first to realize that missions will never really fail. I mean, they can fail, but you always get something from them, and never risk any true setbacks. I’m mildly surprised they didn’t put in some kind of penalty system (a failed mission makes those followers inactive for 12 hours, or something like that), but as it stands this is one of my favorite systems they’ve thrown into the game in a long time.

Dungeons: Blizz was pretty clear that they wanted these dungeons to fall somewhere on the difficulty spectrum between Pandaria (cakewalks) and Cataclysm (also cakewalks, but the cakes were made of poison and explosives and beartraps). The Cataclysm dungeons put me off WoW for most of that expansion; it’s one thing to issue a corrective to the general ease of Wrath dungeons by upping the difficulty a bit, but even the Cata normals were punishing enough to be simply unenjoyable, especially in LFG. (Part of this was largely due to CC not being necessary at all in Wrath, which made the learning curve for CC classes a bit too high for what seemed to be most average players to clear.)

The Panda-to-Warlords difficulty swing feels comparable, if not quite as punishing. I’ve gotten through all the normal 100-level dungeons on my tank, with varying successes. Some of the fights are just naturally tricky, with Nitrogg in Grimrail and everyone in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds being on the upper edge of that curve. My first trip to Shadowmoon featured perhaps a dozen wipes or so, spread across the four boss fights; we only managed to kill Gul’dan after I died when he had a few percent of health left, on maybe our fourth attempt. I’m sure it’d be easier now that everyone’s ilvls are a few dozen points higher, but at the time, it was enjoyably rough without feeling super frustrating like Cataclysm dungeons usually did.

draenor is addictive like cupcakes
    draenor is addictive like cupcakes

Granted, learning any fight for the first time will lead to some flubs, so it’ll be interesting to see if heroics go any more smoothly. I’ve been avoiding them for the most part, despite a 632 ilvl; I mostly play this game to relax and unwind after a long day, and the notion of tanking a heroic largely seems like it’d be an hour-long session of tension and/or rage and/or crying. At least heroics would theoretically have a higher level of play from DPS classes; in plenty of normal dungeons I wind up in the first or second DPS slot despite the removal of Vengeance. I would like that to not be the case anymore.

I still need to dip into LFR, as well, which I hear is at least easier than heroics. Tanking anything is stressful, though, and LFR tanking is especially annoying due to the presence of 20 people who want to proceed at maximum speed despite your need to coordinate with your off-tank, keep an eye on a million different cooldowns and lifereads, not stand in the fire, etc. I dug LFR in Pandaria, but I’ll still probably let everyone else have a couple of weeks of progress to gear up before my dumb ass hops in. Since I wrote this a couple of weeks ago, I guess that means it’s about time to start them up.

Crafting: I’m a bit confused as to how any of the crafting changes were considered to be improvements. I don’t craft all that much; my main (prot pally) is a top-level blacksmith, but after crafting my three allowed epic pieces, I’m not sure what more I’m really supposed to do with it. I keep making my ingots every day, and I guess I could start putting some pieces together for my death knight alt, but beyond that, I’m not entirely sure what my profession is supposed to do for me.

did you know the survival rate for lumberjacks in the wild is less than twenty percent
    did you know the survival rate for lumberjacks in the wild is less than twenty percent

There’s a fair amount of that going around, though, I guess. I’ve leveled my five main characters to 100, 100, 93, 93, and 98 at this point, and I’ve seen a grand total of two items that have had gem slots. I’m guessing that gems and jewels will become more important as people progress through raids, but at the moment, what advantage is there to jewelcrafting?

There’s kind of a basic disconnect between resource gathering and the crafting options that you have, at least in terms of my blacksmith characters; I have thousands upon thousands of pieces of each kind of ore and almost nothing to use it on besides my daily cooldowns. It’s certainly nice to have the ability to make 630 or 640-ilvl stuff and give it to a new alt that I’m leveling (my Death Knight has been rocking a 630ilvl sword since 91 and it’s made the process almost too easy), but it definitely feels like there’s an imbalance between what I gather and what I can make from those materials. I mean, I have multiple stacks of all of the herbs despite not having any herbalists among the classes that I normally play.

One of the wow.joystiq.com bloggers suggested restricting the ability to create epics to one/week and expanding the amount of endgame blue gear you can craft a bit, which feels like it might have been a good compromise earlier in the expansion. We’ll have to see what they do with the content patches. In the meantime, I should probably work on some first aid and cooking, which I haven’t spent much time on. I simply didn’t find many cooking mats while I was leveling, and the marriage of first aid to fishing dims my enthusiasm for leveling it.

Speaking of, the change to fishing where you now catch up fish and then turn those fish into flesh, rather than simply using the fish themselves, seems like a needless complication, not to mention a major hog on bag space if you’re someone like me who mostly fishes when you see schools of fish while questing rather than dedicating time to it. With three different sizes of fish and six or seven different types of fish that can be caught, you’d better be packing some 28-slot bags if you want to fish casually.

everyone thinks i'm superman so i'll dress that way
    everyone thinks i'm superman so i'll dress that way

Other Junk: I’m not a huge fan of the constant aggrandizing of the player-character; having almost every NPC you come across react in awe at your overwhelming majesty gets a bit old. (There’s an early quest in Stormshield where you have to basically talk a rookie soldier down from the ledge that illustrates this issue particularly well.) I mean, I don’t mind feeling powerful, but the whole notion of your character being THE Commander is a bit of an odd fib when you know that you’re just one of a few dozen million characters that are being played on any given week. I think Wrath of the Lich King did arguably the best job of making you feel like a greatly important part of a war machine focused on heroic deeds; Warlords makes your character out to be almost singularly indispensable, an illusion that falls apart almost as soon as you enter a party with another character. It’s a weird, dissonant tone that frequently winds up bugging me.

Apart from that, though, WoD seems like a really solid expansion, and it’s been fun to see a bunch of people come back to the game. That’s great!

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Loving these updates from Draenor/Azeroth (since I'm no longer a citizen). Keep it up Rorie!

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Itwastuesday

i had the same ore stockpile problem. my solution was to turn that ore into leveling blues, then i used those as fodder for my enchanting hut, and i reaped the temporals and sold them for $$$

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flagged for incendiary and misleading title.

(kidding, of course... WoW isn't exactly my thing, but those are some primo puppy pics)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed playing through the new zones, but I quickly started to burn out on the way that the garrison seems designed to get you to log in multiple times per day, based on the way everything has a short-ish timer attached to it. Follower missions, work orders, etc. And that's not even on top of the usual load of daily tasks that are available to do like prior expansions. I appreciate there always being little bite-sized pieces of things to do if I only have a small amount of time to play, but it kind of started to feel like I had to remember to log in throughout the day to click a few buttons so that my precious timers wouldn't be wasted.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Nice write up, one small point is I think you kill Ner'zhul and not Gul'dan in the Shadowmoon dungeon.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not much of a fun of WoW. I'm mostly here for the puppies.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed playing through the new zones, but I quickly started to burn out on the way that the garrison seems designed to get you to log in multiple times per day, based on the way everything has a short-ish timer attached to it. Follower missions, work orders, etc. And that's not even on top of the usual load of daily tasks that are available to do like prior expansions. I appreciate there always being little bite-sized pieces of things to do if I only have a small amount of time to play, but it kind of started to feel like I had to remember to log in throughout the day to click a few buttons so that my precious timers wouldn't be wasted.

Yeah, if you're a true min-maxer I can see how that stuff would be annoying. I pretty quickly gave up on maximizing my timers in favor of simply logging in when I had a moment and resetting everything. Most of the work orders, if you're maxing them out on a level three building, will take a few days in real-time to fully draw down, which is handy.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These should be official articles Rorie!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I feel like I've kind of hit a wall with Warlords of Draenor. The garrison follower missions became a lot less interesting to me once all my followers got to level 100. I've found that increasing your followers' item level is pretty tedious. I haven't even unlocked any follower missions with raid level gear yet and I'm already annoyed with trying to get all my followers up to item level 615.

I've done all the heroics and finished all the wings of Highmaul with raid finder. My main for years was a tank (warrior) and then with Cataclysm, I switched over to healer (priest) and now my maining DPS (hunter). It's made all the dungeons feel pretty simple, especially LFR. I don't really have much desire to jump into normal or heroic versions of Highmaul. I've done plenty of serious WoW raiding in the past and it's not something I really care to take part in again.

I'm not much of a crafter either. I got herbalism and alchemy on my hunter so I pretty much just use the garrison garden to craft pots for myself and the rest of my herbs just sit around in my bag. I have three other 90s that I could focus on now that it feels like I've accomplished really all I want to accomplish on my main but I just can't get into leveling through the same areas again and even worse leveling up my garrison all over again. The garrison feels to me like something that should be account wide. I get that there's no way of having all the buildings in one garrison so there's an actual advantage to have different garrisons on different characters but gathering resources and leveling followers is not something I want to do twice, let alone three or four times.

I cancelled my subscription yesterday but I still have game time until around the beginning of February. I'll probably keep doing what I can with my garrison and run Highmaul a few more times but I'm satisfied with what I got out of WoD and I'm probably done until the next expansions comes out whenever that may be.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I haven't played WoW since vanilla, but I track its progress through a couple of my friends. And boy, after falling off a while back they are DEEP into Draenor.

Which is cool, good for WoW.

yeahimjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm with Milkman, the Garrison seems like a chore now, and I lost interest having to log in every day for them. I don't have the time to raid seriously, and leveled 3 toons to 100. I bowed out last week and set my attention to FF14, which is a little fresh to me from a 6 month absence.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

even world of warcraft previews are not safe from puppies ;P

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The climb to max level has probably been my favorite of all the expansions. I agree that it is odd that random toon is a commander of the Alliance/Horde expedition, but it really feels like they tried to make a single player in their MMO.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dwarven bunker feels almost like a must-have building when most of your followers are 100; it pops a huge number of follower upgrades. Salvage Yard is also pretty good for those, but it's not super reliable.

@milkman said:

I feel like I've kind of hit a wall with Warlords of Draenor. The garrison follower missions became a lot less interesting to me once all my followers got to level 100. I've found that increasing your followers' item level is pretty tedious. I haven't even unlocked any follower missions with raid level gear yet and I'm already annoyed with trying to get all my followers up to item level 615.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's always confounded me how Matt's blogs aren't published as articles. Particularly when it's this topic. A few million people play WoW. If this was put on the front page with some tasty SEO built in wouldn't it drive some new traffic to the site? That's my armchair-business-strategizing for the day.

*points bizness guns*

Avatar image for williamflattener
    williamflattener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always enjoyed fishing in WoW. I have no idea why.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've been playing WoW snice Burning crusade and this is probably my favorite expansion. Like you I also log in whenever I get a chance not problem if I don't min max. I am raiding with friends and guildies were 6/7 heroic and the fights are really fun. I too love the Garrisons, basically what I'm trying to say is thanks for the input because we don't normally get this from the rest of the staff thanks Rorie!

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quit making me want to get into WoW...it's slowly working.

Jeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Draenor is pretty solid overall, but the actual world they built doesn't feel great to me. Warspear is a really dull city hub that I will stop going to entirely once I finish my auctioneer robot; the fact that I have to keep my hearthstone in Summer's Rest to get to the prior expansions is pretty lame. Blizzard used to have some really cool writing in WoW and I feel like the main quest progressions in the zones are really overbearing and cliche. This might be nostalgia since I've been playing since 2004, but running into every raid boss I'm going to see 10-15 times before I even step into LFR just makes the world feel small and the NPCs boring. Next time Khadgar hits me up to fuck up some ogres I'm just going to pass.

I also really hate that I can't use flying mounts... it might have been a mistake to add flying mounts in the first place but not having them available at level 100 is an insanely shitty take away. I really hope that gets patched in at 6.1.

As well produced as the new stuff is, I'm going to let my sub die until there's a juicy content patch. I can't even be bothered to clear my mine/herb garden at this point since I have nothing to do with any of my mats.

Overbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Cata I leveled a Goblin priest. Everything up to and including Wrath was super easy to heal but once I got to Cata dungeons it was just whiplash. I know they wanted to make the old content easier to get through but 1) I liked the old content before they nerfed it and 2) No one learns how to play their class if the dungeons can be sleepwalked through. I didn't know how to heal apparently and had to learn real fast once I got to Cata.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tds418

As someone who just started playing WoW last year and is still leveling my first character (up to around lvl70) reading about high-level stuff is interesting. About to start Lich King content and dungeons so far have mostly been a cakewalk. I've been playing healer mainly and my experience with dungeons is as long as the tank is solid it's pretty easy to clear them quickly and without wiping. After reading this I'm intrigued by what the Cataclysm dungeons will bring.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just read the first paragraph and looked at the pictures, great article Rorie!

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why isn't this on the homepage?

Anyway i really liked WoD, Probably my 3rd favorite after WoLK and MoP

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be happy Rorie. You could be back in Cataclysm where your whole role boils down to: "Heroes distract Deathwing while Goku prepares his Spirit Bomb!"

smek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only been playing WoW since cata and having leveled with a group of friends trying to do those Heroics fresh without any idea of tactics all on barely geared characters was tough as balls. The draenor heroics are similar, but i find its less cc (cc works and is optional) and more movement based. DONT STAND IN THE FIRE!

LFR on the other hand is near a literal cake walk, twins and imperator are the only two fights i've ever seen large numbers of deaths on.

You should really try LFR. The bosses are very simple, the tactics for tanks are

Part 1:

Kargath: tank boss, beserker rush gets taken to fire, if you get thrown up kill bombers cleave grunts.

Butcher: boss hits both thanks, off tank slightly less. if main tank looks ropey swap, boss leaps away and comes back

Brackenspore: boss does frontal cleave, add does raid aoe (interrupt), green mushroom=heal, blue = haste and mana. move boss towards these.

Part 2:

Tectus: starts as 1 boss 2 adds, little add = nuke, big add tank and ignore. when you kill this boss he splits into 2 then those 2 split into 4. usualy everyone just aoes and you end up with 8 mobs, split them between tanks. red stuff = bad, circle on floor = bad. small circle = small damage and knockback, larger ones = GIANT MOUNTAIN OF DEATH. Mostly just aoe and avoid what you can.

Twins: two bosses pheros and pol. Pheros does a whirlwind that needs to be moved away from pol tank. fire moves in a weird patern on ground from the weapons avoid as best you can tho 5 stacks is easy on lfr. pol will shield charge. pheros will apply a debuff that increase damage taken (it varies based on how many it hits so check the value), dont stand in swirly circles, pol shield charges around. this fight usualy has fire deaths on lfr

Ko'ragh: boss will randomly charge and put down silencing damaging circle (used for adds in transition phase) so dont stand in them, avoid little green circles. when one tank gets arcane debuff he runs and keeps running the other tank takes over. boss jumps to middle and is untankable. pickup small adds take them into circles (or kite through) and stun/kill them inside the circle ( they blow up on death). dont worry about fire debuff or heal absorb. White circles damage on appearence then just slows you the closer you are too it so just move away. this one can have deaths on LFR.

Part 3:

Imperator: this one is actualy pretty tought even on LFR (tho its only just come out). Lots to do as a tank and its a 4 phase expanding/altering abilities fight. This is the one fight i'd lookup a video guide before, but its basicaly tank, kill add, avoid mines. when one tank gets mark of chaos the other takes over and marked tank runs away. then in intermission kill little adds in 2nd and in 3rd kill little adds and tank swap on big add (ignore mages and keep adds away from).

Well i started writing that so i had to finish writing that sorry for info dump :D

Jewelcrafting is a good money maker. the top level gems sell for a lot on my server and if you put a level 100 follower in your building you get a daily create item quest that gets you 250 gold and gets rid of some of that ore.

The mines/herb gardens are also useful for getting primal spirits to get savage blood easier than the currently crappy level 3 barn. Tho they should be increasing the spawn rate on elite creatures for that soon.

For cooking you need to fish, fish fish fish!

For bag space unlock the reagent bank slot it takes 100 crafting items. Then press the magic sort all button and look at your horridly organised bags go into giant ball :(

If you dont want to feel like all the NPCs are singing your praise faction change to horde. Everytime I login to my garrison I'm greeted by and NPC yelling Vermint... I think he's talking about the rats, but I'm not sure :/

My guild is currently 6/7 Heroic going for 7/7 and 1/7 mythic this Sunday so looking forward to it. I'm liking the current raid tiers, but they seem very movement focused this tier and some people struggle with lots of that.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Cool, always fun when you write something.

I used to tank at the end of BC and through half of WotLK before quitting WoW. I never was very good at it though and maybe it's the changes they've made with how you tank now, but I haven't been motivated do it again since I came back to the game. It's funny then that a healing, something I thought I'd never do out of fear that it would be too stressful, ended up being something I really enjoyed doing.

I'm also pretty lucky that the friend I play with is a pretty good Tank, so whether I join him as a healer or a dps we can coordinate well enough and most dungeons are a breeze. As for Raids, I ran through LFR once or twice with my dps but apart from it being fairly easy, I just don't find it all that satisfying as a mediocre dps. My friend's suggestion of running them together as two tanks seemed neat, but I just haven't felt like putting the work in to learn how to play a tank again, healer is a lot more chill.

Having leveled 3 characters to 100, crafted some stuff, done a bit of LFR and all dungeons I was pretty done and let my subscription lapse a few days ago, probably won't get into it again until some big patch drops. I did enjoy it a lot though, just ran out of stuff to do that was fun. I have quite a backlog of other games from last year I'd like to get into as well, and this break has certainly helped with that.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just returned to WoW after a 6+ year absence and it has definitely been a ride. I would agree that the crafting changes seem a bit strange. It sort of defeats the entire purpose of working through the progression of learning a craft when you can just dive into Draenor crafting at skill level 1. I do like the change to dungeon looting. It's nice to run a new instance and know I am going to get something from a boss, regardless of it being an upgrade or not. It has been a bit strange seeing no quests for dungeons though. The entire process seems more cut off from the rest of the content than ever before.

Polekat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making crafting alot less bullshit to level up from 0 is pretty cool, sounds like you're in similar place to me with needing to get savage bloods so you can upgrade your crafted pieces.

beomoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quit making me want to get into WoW...it's slowly working.

Yeah as someone who went cold turkey 4 years ago....reading things like this isn't helping.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still play daily but there just isn't enough to do in wod. All I do is log in and refresh through my follower missions, farm the mine and garden and then log off again. Not too mentioned they dumbed down a lot of class mechanics to the point that the game is just not that fun to play anymore. This will be my last wow expansion for sure.

PyroMenace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry about tanking LFR so much, it is stupid easy. Easier than Mists ever was. Some bosses you can get away with just one tank, like the Twin Ogre fight (yup, you can easily tank them both). If you just skim through the boss journal in the game you'll be fine.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By THE_RUCKUS

its a issue of all games have there play limit no matter how many changes you make or add eventually everyone gets bored of it. probably greatest challenge that free 2 play games have deal with.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Leveling normals were by far the hardest part I've had (I've cleared everything in the game that's doable cross server); heroics were piss easy pre-Highmaul release but they're pretty tough now that everyone doing them is undergeared (I can go in and have 30k more HP than the tank as a healer). With no badges there is virtually no incentive to do heroics ever, especially since LFR is so trivial.

In general the playerbase is more idiotic than the last time I played (early Wrath) and also quite a bit more selfish/irritable in general. I'm sure that's not universal but in general it's a real shitshow on the quality of players front (both in terms of skill and likability). The last boss in Highmaul is a random ass ogre and he takes 13 minutes to kill, a 13 minute fight where the figure involved is totally meaningless; oh and people really can't handle not standing in the fire so it's ridiculously difficult(aside from LFR) to pug without overstacking healers to absurd amounts. It becomes somewhat more significant lorewise on mythic but then it takes 17 minutes and it was already so tedious; also barely anyone in the US is going to see that content.

Tectus is brilliant but I think it's accidental that they managed to make a good boss.

On the bright side Firelands appears to be a good instance! Also cata heroics are really fun on my level 87 experience locked warrior that can solo Sunwell in Sunwell gear (I can beat Brutallus with less HP than I had when I was actually tanking Brutallus). My old Pauldrons of Perserverance from Eredar Twins enchanted with Fortitude of the Scourge from level 60 Sapphiron are BIS until 90 due to scaling, beautiful stuff.

Crafting is basically useless (heroic raid gear is 670, not very hard to get), enchanting is super dumbed down, and gems might as well not exist.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35 rmanthorp  Moderator

You're an MMO

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should try heroics and LFR. I came back to WoW having taken a break after Cata. I went straight from my 2nd normal dungeon into heroics as a healer and never really had an issue apart from people with terrible damage who took 5+ minutes to kill a boss. Its gotten to the point now where heroics are just facerolled, the mechanics aren't hard for any boss and most people outgear the fights slightly.

LFR is an absolute joke. I think I could soloheal some of the fights and I have 637 ilvl. Even as a tank, the mechanics and damage are so toned down that even if you do it completely wrong, you will still get through. I have done it every week since its been available, never had a wipe, only people who have even died in the raid are DPS who just stood in fire for too long (probably 30s+...).

I have found garrisons to be a fun side event but their charm is wearing off to be quite honest. There is very little depth to the actual missions or how you equip or train followers. Since a lot of it is just random chance, there is no scope for players ever being 'good' at garrison missions. Its just farmville with wow characters.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeem said:

I think Draenor is pretty solid overall, but the actual world they built doesn't feel great to me. Warspear is a really dull city hub that I will stop going to entirely once I finish my auctioneer robot; the fact that I have to keep my hearthstone in Summer's Rest to get to the prior expansions is pretty lame. Blizzard used to have some really cool writing in WoW and I feel like the main quest progressions in the zones are really overbearing and cliche. This might be nostalgia since I've been playing since 2004, but running into every raid boss I'm going to see 10-15 times before I even step into LFR just makes the world feel small and the NPCs boring. Next time Khadgar hits me up to fuck up some ogres I'm just going to pass.

I also really hate that I can't use flying mounts... it might have been a mistake to add flying mounts in the first place but not having them available at level 100 is an insanely shitty take away. I really hope that gets patched in at 6.1.

As well produced as the new stuff is, I'm going to let my sub die until there's a juicy content patch. I can't even be bothered to clear my mine/herb garden at this point since I have nothing to do with any of my mats.

That auctioneer bot grind is insanely expensive/random, from what I saw. I gave up on it pretty quick.

I think they also said that flying is a no-go for 6.1, but I really doubt they'll wait until the end of the expansion to put it in. We'll see!

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nardak

The only minus that I have towards warlords of Draenor at the moment is that the game feels a bit light on content if you play mainly with one character. After gearing up in normal and heroic instances there is actually only raiding to look forward to.

This is my usual schedule in wow these days:

- a few times a day I check the status of follower missions
    - making sure that different buildings are producing stuff/resources
    - doing the daily apex mission (for the bonus seals)

On reset days I do the 3 lfr´s which take about 30 minutes in all. Then 3 times a week we have a raid which lasts 3 hours so in total that is about 9 hours of raiding a week.
    All in all it feels a tad light on the content side if you only play with one character.

KingLoscos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is your opinion on the PVP area Ashran? It seems to (in most cases rightfully) be something that has been very poorly recieved so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.