Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Final Fantasy

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2016

A 3D Final Fantasy with both regular and super deformed characters.

If you’ve play it, what’s your thoughts on World of Final Fantasy? (Spoilers Free Plz)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Hey, ignored this game when it came out but got kinda curious about it now for w/e reason.

Could you tell me about your experience and your overall thoughts on the game? Thanks.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GabrielCantor

It's a charming little game with a fun combat system, and some fun characters. I'd say you definitely have to be down with enjoying FF stuff and FF character cameos.

Mechanically it's sort of like Pokémon, with a lot of the strength/weakness stuff, plus catching monsters in almost literal Poke Balls. Though with the stacking stuff, I'd say it's just enough more complicated to make for some harder battles, and to keep my interest far longer then a Pokémon game can these days. I got a Platinum in it and never got tired of it.

If you're not already aware (or if this is why you're asking), you're best off waiting for Maxima, a new version of the name/DLC upgrade, in November since that's gonna add a bunch of stuff (FF characters, some mechanic changes, and possibly a little story).

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Story wise, from what I remember, it's a cutesy mix-mash of a lot of final fantasy lore like Kingdom Hearts. It's a lot of familiar places with familiar characters doing cameos. The writing for the most part is very much the same way.

I didn't finish the game my self, but I want to say it's your standard JRPG length, 50ish hours.

If you are looking at the steam sale right now and are wondering if it's worth the price, I would say definitely. But like @epidehl said you might want to wait until the update comes out to play it. Though I don't know if there will be a sale at that point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.