Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

What made you fall out of love with the Wii?

• 128 results
    WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Have you ever liked the Wii? I remember when my Mam and Dad first hinted we were going to get a Wii and I was really excited by it :/ It was fun at first like the whole Wii Sports thing but then it got too samey within the other games. 
    I will admit however I still go back on it every now and then to play on Resident Evil and The House of the Dead 2&3. 
    I think its because I got my Xbox 360 shortly after and the online and stuff sort of dragged me away. It may be because the online communities of other sources are more entertaining. 

The main question I want to ask is. Will the Wii ever be cool again? Was it ever cool?  
    Not to mention  
     I R LAZY :P

I realise I should have attached this to the Wii page but forgot :/ Apologies.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

The only thing that currently keeps me from playing my Wii at times is the fact that it's in another room. 

Oh man, thinking about my Wii is making me want to play Bit Trip Runner.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Nintendo isnt very big here in Israel, just  PCs and Playstation.. so i never really tried any other platform 

i bet i'd love the Wii if i tried it

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

The Wii is like a really expensive restaurant. I don't eat there very often, but when I do, I get a meal unlike any other.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
    @Icemael:
    Your metaphors,similies and descrpitions should be placed in a small pocket sized novel. Theyre epic :D
    Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Joshakazam

They sold me a faulty Wii and a faulty Xbox.

Fuck EB games.

So yeah, i'm reluctant to buy consoles and i lost interest in the Wii.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I didn't fall out of love with the Wii yet.
    I play a lot of No More Heroes and Monster Hunter Tri, and Smash Bros Brawl, Mariokart or New Super Mario Bros with the housemates, it's still a blast for multiplayer, since the other consoles don't offer much besides shooters which we aren't that big of a fan of.

Wii ftw!

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By flaminghobo

There aren't enough games that carry my interest.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
    @TaliciaDragonsong:
    That might be why :/ Its really weird I dont have a single mario game apart from Mario Kart. 
    I forgot about that game :D I love mario kart at times :P Unless I loose..
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch13696

I love Nintendo because they're the easiest  console to hack.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Ineedaname
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " There aren't enough games that carry my interest. "
    This!

The last game I got was Pikmin, the remake, well updated controls.
    Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bluethunder35

I have fallen in and out of love with the Wii. When there are plenty of games to play, I play my Wii like crazy. When their long periods of zero good games occur, I sell the thing to somebody and wait. 

After finishing games like New Super Mario Brothers Wii, No More Heroes 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and several others, I sold it. I'll probably buy another in the Spring of 2011 for their next bunch of AAA games.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @WoodenPlatypus said:
    " Have you ever liked the Wii? "
    No.
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ninjakiller

I don't hate the Wii, it's just I never play it.  I have my PS3 and computer and playing Wii games means dancing around and flailing my arms when could just sit and relax )relatively speaking) with the other 2 systems they're going to win every time.  Now motion controls coming to PS3 THAT has me seeing red.  Don't get me started on this 3d horseshit either.  

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Lawrens

I never gotten a Wii, I might grab one eventually, if Nintendo were to announce xenoblade and last story for the US. 

As far as falling out of love, I've never loved any consoles this gen, they're all pieces of shit, except some are less shitty than the others, so I can prioritize my purchase. 

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By guiseppe

I've never been in love with it. But the reasons for that are bad online capabilities and a severe lack of interesting games.

TheDoubleJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By TheDoubleJ

the wii has some good games but not as many as the PS3 or xbox360
    Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Roomrunner

Nope.  I still play it more than the other two consoles.  I play a couple stars of Super Mario Galaxy 2 every day, and when that dries up, I think I'll download a couple SNES classics that I never got around to.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By TheDoorman

My Wii's ability to gain dust made me fall out of love with the Wii.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karmum

I never really loved my Wii. It was just something to play when my brother had it at launch. That, and Madden 2007. I dunno why, but I kept playing that until like 2009.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Famov
    @ninjakiller said:

"...playing Wii games means dancing around and flailing my arms... "

Well, I imagine that if you insist on playing the wrong way, you're not going to have a very enjoyable experience. 

I play the Wii more than any other (non-handheld) platform by a factor of ten. There are legitimate criticisms of the system, but I still enjoy it a lot.
    Avatar image for lordruperteverton
    LordRupertEverton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the fact that about after a year they had no games worth playing ever in a lifetime.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King

Nothing, really, as I still like the console quite a bit. The closest thing is the moment when I stopped being a Nintendo fanboy. I was browsing the Internet one day when a sudden realization came over me: "Holy shit, when's the last time I played my Wii?" After that, my fanboyism died.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SoothsayerGB

The Wii always seemed like a gimmick to me.  All that moving never interested me.  I like to lay back and enjoy my games, like when I watch a movie.  I don't like that they had to try so hard to be different.  They are really out of touch with today's gaming culture.

Then as their games came out, I remembered how shitty the NES, 64 and  Gamecube were.  Nintendo has basically been riding the success of the SNES, its only worth while console.  The whole time.  Wii is  just dead in the water.  

That company is what it is, because it had no competition in the 80s, while they flooded the market.  Over 2000 games and only 20ish worth playing.  Now America, their original market, owns the industry and all they can do is flood the market with crap.  While pandering/begging to their old fans/victims.  Their games have no heart.  They  never really did.  They just made games to sell to the west. Games they thought dumb american kids would like.  Which Nintendo is still doing and failing because American companies are making games with all the passion of a fan.   

The US, Canada and Europe got tired of Nintendo's shitty concepts.  So they started making the games, they wanted to play.  Which is why, IMO, the east only gets our scraps now.   Now that there is real competition, their true self is shown.  Nothing more then a company.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By luce
    @LordRupertEverton said:
    " the fact that about after a year they had no games worth playing ever in a lifetime. "
    I'm not a SMG fan so this applies to me
    fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By fini_fly

I had a Wii and a decent library, but besides RE4, I didn't have any real desire to play through any of the games again. That, and the lack on online gaming just didn't do it for me anymore. So I sold it and bought a PS3. Worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when i realized i had more fun on the gamecube, now that ive lost my nunchuk my wii is completely dormant.  

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Famov
    @SoothsayerGB said:

"That company is what it is, because it had no competition in the 80s, while they flooded the market.  Over 2000 games and only 20ish worth playing.  Now America, their original market, owns the industry and all they can do is flood the market with crap.  While pandering/begging to their old fans/victims.  Their games have no heart.  They  never really did.  They just made games to sell to the west. Games they thought dumb american kids would like.  Which Nintendo is still doing and failing because American companies are making games with all the passion of a fan.     The US, Canada and Europe got tired of Nintendo's shitty concepts.  So they started making the games, they wanted to play.  Which is why, IMO, the east only gets our scraps now.   Now that there is real competition, their true self is shown.  Nothing more then a company. "

Oh, boy. This is going to be good. 

Nintendo games have no "heart". Okay. Then you go on to say that western games are made "with all the passion of a fan". 

Please, do give me the differerence between Nintendo as a developer and other Western developers that you group together as 'passionate', and describe how those differences prove that Nintendo games are heartless corporate drivel while western developers make games by (and presumably for) passionate fans. 

Because, like, I feel like you're just making stuff up with a healthy dose of revisionist history. Like the part where Nintendo was alone in the 80s, and how Nintendo as a developer/publisher is "flooding the market with crap" when the games they release are so few and far inbetween, and how you're using the name "Nintendo" to represent all game development from the east. 

EDIT: While we're at it, let's look at these passionate western games. Maybe you're talking about the 54654 cover based third person shooters, or the 798654 DnD ripoff role playing games, or, perhaps, the 9879879845641321 first person shooters. They're so passionate about their work that they keep making the same games over and over again.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead

Wasn't impressed at all by the motion controls and very little on there interests me. Fell out of love as soon as I finished No More Heroes and put it back in its box. 

EDIT: Why do Nintendrones get so riled up?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CL60

There are barely any games on it that interest me. I'm going to get The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword though.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Famov
    @HandsomeDead:
    I'm allergic to bad arguments, is all. You don't have to be a Nintendo fan to realize how stupid some of these replies are.
    fatalmephisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By fatalmephisto

I have never ever fallen out of love with my Nintendo Wii, in fact it's my preferred system at the moment. I do own an Xbox 360 but that system has become such a huge bore to me, and i haven't touched my 360 in over a month now and prob never will again. I do want a PS3 though.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#33  Edited By EpicSteve

When I got tired of Wii Sports and realized that's it.

Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Okari

I wouldn't say I've fallen out of love with it, but unless there's a really great game, I don't bother playing it. I play games laying down, doing that with most Wii games is near impossible so I rarely play any of them.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#35  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I liked the Wii, heck, I still like the Wii but if there's one thing that made me play it less it's because I wasn't seeing games on the console up to the standard of the major titles on the other consoles.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#36  Edited By Hailinel

Nothing.  I still play it frequently.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hitchenson

I got a Wii at launch along with Zelda and Red Steel. Had it for about 8 months, during that time I bought no more games for the system so in the end traded it in towards a PS3. On some level I regret my decision to do so, ultimately MGS4 was worth it though. Ironically I don't play on my PS3 now either.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Famov: So allergic that you have to write paragraph responses to argument you already deem flawed. I suppose you've got to keep yourself feeling better than the rest of 'em somehow.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Venatio

I was never in love with the Wii, sure I bought it but I sold it within a month because I thought it was a piece of crap with terrible graphics and broken controls

Though I will admit that I want to try SMG2 and NMH2 aswell as Mad World but I'll manage without them

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mikemcn

Twilight princess. I had zero fun, the motion controls pissed me off while being completely unnecessary and the story was complete garbage.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Skytylz

I still like my wii.  I need to play more Galaxy 2 though.  Maybe I'll do that tonight.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I wish I had a Wii again.  I realize that there are some awesome games I won't get to experience because I sold it, but I do appreciate the games that my 360 offers more than what I would get with the Wii.  I had a great time with SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario (not like the other Paper Mario games, but still good) and even with Twilight Princess, but I realized that not much was coming for it that I would enjoy as much as one of the HD consoles so I sold it.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By eroticfishcake

I still like my Wii actually. I'm just finishing up Trauma Team and then I'm going to move over to Super Mario Galaxy 2 (even if I never finished the first one). I may enjoy my PS3 more but I still think the Wii is great.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RVonE

I was never in love with the Wii. I like some of the games on that platform, but mostly I don't really care for it.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By Jeust

This xD 

Props to Shymphony for the gif. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#46  Edited By Hailinel
    @Mikemcn said:
    " Twilight princess. I had zero fun, the motion controls pissed me off while being completely unnecessary and the story was complete garbage. "
    A port of a GameCube game?  That's your reason?
    SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SSbabel

Lack of quality games.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " Twilight princess. I had zero fun, the motion controls pissed me off while being completely unnecessary and the story was complete garbage. "
    A port of a GameCube game?  That's your reason? "
    If he'd started enjoying the Wii for liking a GameCube port, would you still question his reasoning?
    Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Arbie

I liked the Wii when I first got it for MK and Zelda. It got boring pretty quickly though as a console in general and so I started to use it just to play older games that I bought off the Wii market or whatever it was. I've loaned it to my brother since!

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Famov

@HandsomeDead said:

" @Famov: So allergic that you have to write paragraph responses to argument you already deem flawed. I suppose you've got to keep yourself feeling better than the rest of 'em somehow. "

They're small paragraphs.

But that really doesn't make much sense. If I were really compensating for an inferiority complex, I might instead enter threads about a gaming platform I don't care about and constantly insult it knowing that I will get a response from the people who like it. Tell me, why else would you post in every single Wii thread talking about a Wii game people like and where your opinion on how much it's derivative slop really isn't welcome at all?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.