Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Quick questions about online pass

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So does the online pass attach to your PSN account or your PS3?

I am asking because: My brother, who does not live with me, bought Uncharted 3 and let me play it first. Is there a way both of us can enjoy Uncharted 3 multiplayer without one of us having to pay the extra $10 for an online pass?

I suspect no. I'm kind of disappointed with Naughty Dog for this, but it's not really a big deal. Since it's my brother's game, I should let him use the online pass that comes with the game. But I'm just looking for clarification.

Wait...I remember that UC3 multiplayer also went free to play... So.. would that mean that as long as I have it installed in the harddrive and I buy an online pass, then I can play it without the disc?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By lego_my_eggo

The online pass is tied to the account that redeemed it, but i want to say it will work with other accounts so long as the account that redeemed it is on that PS3 (not really sure). And here is a FAQ for the free to play version.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@auron570: The online pass is tied to the account but all users on the PS3 can play online. You don't have to buy an online pass for the F2P version. You do have to pay after you hit the level cap though.

Also, ND isn't the only company who does this, which I assume you know. It's also Sony who makes these online passes, not the developers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.