Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Evolution

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The follow up to the best-selling hit Trials HD, Trials Evolution takes motorcycle platforming to a whole new level of ridiculousness.

That scoreboard

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AndyMc1888

On dark city run makes me want to turn the game off I just can't get it at all! Anyone any tips and does it get much worse than this on the later tracks ?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It gets worse. The part where you play it isn't good, and these expert levels demonstrate that somewhat clearly.

I beat Dark City with the Phoenix, but it can be done with the Scorpion. If you back all the way up before the ramp, then lean forward before you throttle, you can get the ideal speed for the right jump. Bunny hop before you lift off, and try to land ABOVE the separation with your back tire first, even if that means your bike is almost upright. With some hundred-odd attempts (and the right pinch of luck, which is more important than anything a lot of times in this game), you can cruise over the billboard.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gargantuan

The scoreboard is super easy. Reverse as much as you can. Lean back and accelerate gently so you don't do a wheelie and do a bunny hop when you come to the ramp. That way you should get to the upper part of the landing.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Panpipe

@Gargantuan said:

The scoreboard is super easy. Reverse as much as you can. Lean back and accelerate gently so you don't do a wheelie and do a bunny hop when you come to the ramp. That way you should get to the upper part of the landing.

I seriously hope that works.

I burnt out on about 300 retries on that god damn checkpoint.

Inferno 3 seems worse though.

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gumdealer

I was stuck on that scoreboard for so long I got mad and did a front flip off the ramp and landed it on the first try. Maybe you should try that, but I probly just got lucky.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By laserbolts

Probably the most frustrating part of the game. Although I did find a ramp with a barrel on top of it in one of the other track more of a pain. Inferno 3 is suprisingly doable though.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By dethfish

I don't have too much of a problem with the scoreboard. I can usually get it done in 1 - 3 attempts now. I probably can't explain how to do it very well but I guess I can try.

I usually get it to work by landing as flush with my tires with the bottom slope as possible (you want as little bounce as possible) then leaning forward and revving a little so I just stay up there. You also need the right amount of speed off the initial jump to land in a good spot on the 1st slope. That just takes practice. Getting up to the next slope is the hardest part for me. You need to go up at just the right speed so your front tire just barely eeks over the lip. Then your back tire will hit the lip and it should pop up into the air above the 2nd slope. Quickly slam your back tire down then lean forward and rev so you can stay on the slope. Next part is the easiest. Just hold forward and and punch it and you should get over the billboard. Practicing and watching top replays in slow motion will most likely help you better then my rambly tutorial though. Here is a replay where the guy does it identical to me and I how I tried to describe. Also, VERY IMPORTANT: Do not use the damn Scorpion on Extreme tracks. So many people do this in multiplayer and I feel so bad for them. It is not maneuverable enough for the extremes. It just makes the tracks way harder.

The uphill barrel jump in The Wreck I find to be much tougher, by the way. Inferno 3 is kind of challenging in a few spots as well. Way of the Ninja doesn't have any super hard obstacles but it's way longer than the rest of the tracks.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By InternetDotCom

@gumdealer said:

I was stuck on that scoreboard for so long I got mad and did a front flip off the ramp and landed it on the first try. Maybe you should try that, but I probly just got lucky.

Good I'm not the only one who did it that way

mozzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mozzle

That score board in Dark City pissed me off until like others have said, I backed up. Tapped the throttle once then gunned it, leaning back the whole time (the tap is so that you don't flip backwards) and you can easily make it up to the second ramp, and with all the momentum, you just cruise over the scoreboard.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By AndrewJD

Here's a video that shows an alternative way of getting over the scoreboard:

It took me a few tries to get right but after a bit of practice this is definitely more reliable.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By EVO

I had more trouble with the obstacle afterwards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.