Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Evolution

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The follow up to the best-selling hit Trials HD, Trials Evolution takes motorcycle platforming to a whole new level of ridiculousness.

New to Trials, Should I Start Here or with HD?

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By triumvir

After watching some recent Quick Looks and TNT, my interest was piqued about this game so I checked out the demos of Trials HD and Trials Evolution. They are both super addictive, but, seeing as they are both the same price and I'm low on cash, I was on wondering if I should just start with Trials Evolution. So, a few questions:

Would I be missing much by skipping Trials HD in terms of interesting tracks or practice for Trials Evolution?

Is the community for Trials HD dead because of the new Trials game?

Do you guys think it would be worth picking up the first one down the line if I played the crap out of Evo and wanted more, or is there no going back if I started with Evo?

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Get Trials Evolution, you get A LOT more bang for your buck. The varied environments are worth it more over the same industrial warehouse setting.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By C0V3RT

You're fine if you started with Evolution. If you're still itching for more Trials afterwards, you'd by no means be taking a step "back" to HD.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Absolutely start with Evolution. It's a little easier overall, and MUCH better at teaching you how to play the game. There's also essentially unlimited DLC with the track share feature.

@Triumvir said:

Would I be missing much by skipping Trials HD in terms of interesting tracks or practice for Trials Evolution?

Do you guys think it would be worth picking up the first one down the line if I played the crap out of Evo and wanted more, or is there no going back if I started with Evo?

1) You won't be missing much. If anything, you should consider Evo practice for HD, not the other way around.

2) In trials HD, there never was much of a community to speak of, at least with the 360 version. You can't share tracks unless it's with people on your friends list, and there's no multiplayer. Aside from Leaderboards, that's about the only community you'll find.

3) If you play the hell out of Evo and are looking for more professionally made content, then sure. Just keep in mind that the tracks are a bit harder in HD, and the environments are a bit more bland.

Airickson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Airickson

I agree with the above -- Evo is a great game that is better cosmetically than HD. The addition of multiplayer and ability to share tracks with non-friends makes it superior. There are some differences between it and HD and if you want more Trials, you can always go back and get it (plus the additional DLC tracks).

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By triumvir

Thanks for the imput. I'll probably download Evo sometime this weekend, then.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Patman99

But if you dont play Trials HD, you will miss all the deep story and lore that is contained in the game...

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Sambambo

Trials HD is also a lot more likely to be on sale compared to Evo.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Triumvir said:

After watching some recent Quick Looks and TNT, my interest was piqued about this game so I checked out the demos of Trials HD and Trials Evolution. They are both super addictive, but, seeing as they are both the same price and I'm low on cash, I was on wondering if I should just start with Trials Evolution. So, a few questions:

Get Trials EVO.

It's worth more than double of what they ask for.

It's everything in HD, plus so much more.

And if you ever get the spare money, get HD as well.

It'll probably pop up on Deals of the Week again.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By RandomHero666

Am I the only one who doesn't like Evolution? I played the fuck out of HD, Evo is just.. shit.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By slowbird

@RandomHero666: you crazy for this one, Rick.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AngeTheDude

@Patman99 said:

But if you dont play Trials HD, you will miss all the deep story and lore that is contained in the game...

That's what I was about to say. You won't be able to pick up on the various story threads when they continue in Trials Evolution. Also, did they ever tell you at the end whether the bike was sentient?

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I got started with evolution and am doing fine. The natural difficulty increase helps increase your skills

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

. . . Neither?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By JasonR86

@Triumvir:

Start with Evolution. The learning curve is much easier to handle.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@RandomHero666 said:
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Evolution? I played the fuck out of HD, Evo is just.. shit.
    I don't like either of them, if you want me to throw in with your camp.
    BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BPRJCTX

@HistoryInRust said:

@RandomHero666 said:

Then...

What are you doing here?!

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RandomHero666
    @BPRJCTX said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@RandomHero666 said:

Then...

Is the thread called "trials fans only" ?? 
    No, so shut up
    BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BPRJCTX

@RandomHero666 said:

@BPRJCTX said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@RandomHero666 said:

Then...

Is the thread called "trials fans only" ?? No, so shut up

Oh, hey there big man!!!

Talkin' like that on the internet, must mean you are a real badass in real life...

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RandomHero666
    @BPRJCTX said:

Oh, hey there big man!!!

Talkin' like that on the internet, must mean you are a real badass in real life...

Talking like what? I'm acting hard by telling you people don't need to like trials to post in a trials thread?
    AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngeTheDude

@RandomHero666 said:

@BPRJCTX said:

Oh, hey there big man!!!

Talking like what? I'm acting hard by telling you people don't need to like trials to post in a trials thread?

It's fine to post in a Trials thread if you don't like Trials but... why?

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Commisar123

I think Evolution as the difficulty curve is less fucked.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23  Edited By natetodamax

Don't get Trials HD. Evolution has more varied environments and more of a multiplayer component (in that it actually has one).

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RandomHero666
    @AngeTheDude said:

@RandomHero666 said:

@BPRJCTX said:

Oh, hey there big man!!!

It's fine to post in a Trials thread if you don't like Trials but... why?

OP asked a question, I answered it.
    Wondeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wondeboy

Start with evolution, and then if you finish that go back and play HD... Evolution is exactly that, it's the evolved, more feature full version of Trials

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgnosticJesus

I'd jump right into Evolution. It's a much better made game than Trials. I was terrible at the 1st game but find Evolution to be much more accessible.

d0rado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By d0rado

Trials HD is on sale for 600 points on xbox for anyone thinking about picking it up

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Triumvir said:

Hey, if you still want Trials HD, It's on sale right now, 50% off, as well as one of the expansions.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By triumvir

@BPRJCTX:

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm currently an area with no broadband for the next few weeks so I'll have to pass right now, but I already picked up Trials Evo last week. I'm sure I'll see it on sale again before the year is out. Maybe then I can finally catch up on all that complex Trials lore...

Evo is crazy good. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'm sure there are plenty of folks like me who will find them useful.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@RandomHero666 said:

@BPRJCTX said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@RandomHero666 said:

Then...

Is the thread called "trials fans only" ?? No, so shut up

He wasn't talking to you. You coming here and saying that you recommend HD over Evo is fine, although some reasoning behind your choice would have been nice. "I don't like Either of them" is a worthless post that contributes nothing to the discussion. The "what are you doing here?" was directed at that poster, but you took offence and started with the "shut up" crap.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RandomHero666
    @SpaceInsomniac: I didn't take offence to anything, I just don't like being told what to do on a public forum, and he did include me in his quote so one would assume he was talking to everyone he quoted no?

To Conclude, Trials HD was fun, Trials Evo is the same game with more stuff to look at, with less challenge
    darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By darklight

@RandomHero666: There's a lot of chance he was not talking to you when he said that you know. Since when someone quote a poster it quotes everything he probably did not bother removing your quote, thus you're in it. And just want to point out that if you did not like it and felt the urge to say shut up to a singular question, then it pretty much look like you took offense to it ( interpretation of stuff on the internet and all that jazz) Anyway...

Trial Evolution seems the best choice to start, more polished and with more functionality.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@RandomHero666 said:

@SpaceInsomniac: I didn't take offence to anything, I just don't like being told what to do on a public forum, and he did include me in his quote so one would assume he was talking to everyone he quoted no?

Not really. In my last post, I quoted three different site members--and what I said was based on that entire conversation--but my post itself was only directed towards you. Quote trees happen all the time on this site, but--far more often than not--the reply is usually directed only towards the last person quoted.

@RandomHero666 said:

@SpaceInsomniac: To Conclude, Trials HD was fun, Trials Evo is the same game with more stuff to look at, with less challenge

Except that Evo has endless user made DLC, some of which is FAR more difficult than anything in Evo or HD. Also, less challenge is probably what someone should opt for when asking "should I start here?" And lastly, just because you can finish the tracks doesn't make the game "easy". There are always platinum medals to reach for.

Either way, if you don't like Evo, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kindgineer

@Triumvir: Start with Evolution. I just feel that it is a better game, and that you get more for what you're paying for. If you really like Evolution, then definitely pick up the first.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BPRJCTX

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@RandomHero666 said:

Not really. In my last post, I quoted three different site members--and what I said was based on that entire conversation--but my post itself was only directed towards you. Quote trees happen all the time on this site, but--far more often than not--the reply is usually directed only towards the last person quoted.

@RandomHero666 said:

@SpaceInsomniac: To Conclude, Trials HD was fun, Trials Evo is the same game with more stuff to look at, with less challenge

Except that Evo has endless user made DLC, some of which is FAR more difficult than anything in Evo or HD. Also, less challenge is probably what someone should opt for when asking "should I start here?" And lastly, just because you can finish the tracks doesn't make the game "easy". There are always platinum medals to reach for.

Either way, if you don't like Evo, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Yeah, i'd like to know his gamertag to check out all his platinum medals...

I'd also love to see him play a Ninja Level...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.