Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Shogun 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 26, 2011

Total War: Shogun 2 is the sequel to Shogun: Total War, the first game in the Total War series. Shogun 2 is an epic strategy game, combining real-time 3D battles with turn based city and economic management.

Performance

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

So I tried the demo and found performance to be abysmal. Apparently the game was only utilizing 2 cores and that would be fixed in the full retail version. 

Anyone here find that to be the case?

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By jorbear

Pretty much. The game ran like poop for me when I was playing the demo, but now it runs very well and looks amazing.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vitor
    @jorbear said:
    " Pretty much. The game ran like poop for me when I was playing the demo, but now it runs very well and looks amazing. "
    That's reassuring. Surprised I can't find more detailed breakdowns online though. Would like to know for sure before I consider dropping down cash for it. 
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By sins_of_mosin

The game set everything to ultra or high depending if the game supported the ultra yet.  I was getting around 50fps on a i7 950, 6gigs ram, and a EVGA superclocked gtx 460 1gig card with Windows 7 64bit.

Thou, that movie thats played after you select your clan has horrible quality.  Looks like a mpeg file from 1998.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Wuddel
    @sins_of_mosin: Thanks for the info. I have a similar system. Getting ultra on it seems promising. My copy is in the mail. Also this is quite a cheap game. I ordered the limited edition for 31 € from Amazon. Just do not buy this over steam.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By keyhunter

I'm about to find out how this game runs on a 2.4 ghz i3, 4 gigs of RAM and a mobile HD5650. I'm guessing not very well. What a terrible time for my PC to stop working.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By keyhunter
    @buckybit: Medium settings at 1920x1080 and it runs better than starcraft 2 does. Dudes kinda look like crap up close, but I rarely zoom in anyways. Overall I'm satisfied with my experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.