Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

The sixth installment of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series and follows the events after Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Anyone feel like this game is sorta broken?

orshick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By orshick

Man, I just finally dug into this game, and when it works, its great. I love sneaking around and taking guys out, like the forts in Far Cry 3. But holy shit, this game seems to constantly play by a different set of rules than the ones it presents you with. The game can't seem to make up its mind about weather taking a guy out from behind cover is going to get you spotted or not. If I take out two guys with a stun gun without being spotted, my cover is blown anyway for some reason. The stealth take-down prompt routinely doesn't pop up, or doesn't behave as quickly as you'd expect it to once it does. I can't jump down ledges that it seems like Sam should be able to jump down, leaving me in a situation where I'm hanging there exposed and getting caught, when I wouldn't have ever done that if I knew that he couldn't jump down from it. I get spotted behind cover...sometimes. Others the hostiles are remarcably oblivious to my presence. There doesn't seem to be any logic from it as far as I can discern.

Obviously there is some kind of logic that governs it, and makes sense, but that really isn't good enough. The logic has to make sense to me, the player, or else I am caught dangling in the wind, at the mercy of some mysterious rule-set that I can't discern. That's not a fun game mechanic.

When it works, it's great, but damn, it's way too often that the whole thing breaks on me.

(P.S. I was getting kind of annoyed with those things in the main campaign, but the real issues came up during the wave based side mission mode, playing solo)

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I forgot this thing even existed...

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The fact that Michael Ironside wasn't involved caused me never to buy it!
    I'm a man of principles.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I'm also playing through it and I kind of understand what you mean. I feel like Splinter Cell was better when it had sound and light meters.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I haven't played this since it came out so I might be misremembering, but I don't recall having any specific issues with the stealth system.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not really.. I can fairly easily ghost all the campaign missions.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I don't remember having any specific issues with the sneaking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.