Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 18, 2008

The sequel to Rainbow Six: Vegas returns with a brand new story of terrorist attacks and the Rainbow squad's attempt to stop them.

does any one else feel ubisoft has destroyed rainbow six

carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By carzy

Ever since the first Vegas well......ever since lockdown i felt that the franchise has gone way to mainstream and left the hardcore fans behind. The series atleast to me always felt kind of grimy and dirty an dark and now that its set in Vegas its the perfect opportunity to shiny brightly colored bloom into my face until i almost go blind. Another thing that makes the game totally retarded is the cover system which not only destroys the fps factor but makes the game unbalanced. I just wish rainbow (and all of ubisofts other tom Clancy franchises) returned back to the more realistic gritty gameplay it once used to be. anyone else think the same???

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clean

yea I never could get used to Vegas or Vegas 2 but the ones on the xbox were pretty amazing

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By banksrob

I enjoyed them all. Nothing that wrong with them in my opinion

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kitsune_conundrum

i prefer the old ones where you had to plan ahead of time all the routes and actions and then carry them out like any elite force should. Nowadays its just a run in 1 man(team) army shoot'em up.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Subway

Vegas and Vegas 2 are probably my two favorite multiplayer games of all time, so I think they fixed them to be honest.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By daz0608

I loved the original Vegas I played loads of it, but Vegas 2 didn't add or change enough to keep my interest , I would love to see what their going to do with a clean slate

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By xruntime

Yes, in fact I wrote a blog entry about it for the question: "Which series has taken a turn for the worse?"

Read it at my blog --> http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/xruntime/blog/

The games still are great. They're just no longer worthy of the Rainbow Six name, because they aren't the hardcore insta-kill shooter they were before. It's like Far Cry 2,  a game which has nothing to do with the original, but Ubisoft bought it out. Ubisoft bought out Rainbow Six and made it into a console shooter that's more action-packed with a gay cover system.

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield was the last "true" game in the series.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By crunchUK

well i have vegas 1 and i thought the cover was an inprovement. what i DON'T like AT ALL is the health regen. it comppletely RUINED terrorist hunt.

Avatar image for ice_cold_rayman
    Ice_Cold_Rayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ice_Cold_Rayman

Ubisoft likes to ruin franchises.

coughraymancough

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By lordofultima

Raven Shield for the PC was the last true Rainbow Six. Rest in peace, Rainbow. *tear*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.