Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

Too late to start?

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gamefly has it on sale for $14. I would have preferred the digital version, but it's at a price that can't be beat. I enjoyed the beta, but I know things have seriously dropped off since then. I also know that there hasn't been a ton of content and likely that the people still playing it have maxed out and done everything. I wasn't necessarily in it for a multiplayer experience, however. I wasn't going to avoid it, but it also wasn't my focus.

Is/Was it a decent single-player experience beyond what the beta offered? Is Ubi likely to drop support in the near future? Should I just wait for Wildlands?

Would just like some opinions, thanks!

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Honestly, I would just wait for another game. For me, The Division did not stand alone as a single-player experience. I feel off hard a month or so after release, but from what I've seen, I don't know that any of the DLC content is geared for the single-player experience. I'd save your dollars, even 14 of them.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DookieRope

I played the campaign solo and it was fine. I'm not sure it was $40 fine but your mileage may very.

Edit: lol I read $14 as $40. $14 is a good price the Divisions campaign.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I would wait to see how they update the game at this point. The developer has quoted saying they're revamping everything to make it a better game. They even postponed the expansions to get the game on track. I hope they do it because the Division is awesome in coop. As a single player game, it's a great podcast game. That's about it.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By twi

Its well worth $14. Even just as a solo game. The game has really good match making as well, so don't discount the coop part.

IronOctopus89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just picked it up digitally, as both UPlay and Steam were having a 40% off sale this past weekend. I played the beta and really liked it, having played Destiny before that...and while I have tended to play PC games alone, the Division campaign hasn't been especially difficult and is fun for anyone who loves loot driven games. I will say this though, I am a bit beyond where the beta ended, and made my first foray into the Dark Zone last night...and I am sad to report it is still much like it was during the beta...full of dicks.

All in all, I'm glad I waited until some major updates came about, and waited for a sale. Much like I thought about Destiny after playing in that beta as well, not worth $60...but worth a reduced price for sure. Always looking for friends in the Dark Zone, if anyone is still playing on PC.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Single player experience is worthwhile by itself, coop is fine, competitive multi isn't so hot despite the mechanics being cool; as with any game where the mechanics are interesting the community eventually makes it into a smoldering pile of garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.