Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

There's a queue counter now when logging in?

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Just booted up the game (I'm on PS4) and have now been sitting at a queue counter (started in position 287) for almost 5 minutes.

What the hell? Is this a new thing or was I just lucky all the time when logging into the game previously? Or was the counter always there and just invisible up to now?

Really curious about this, because either way, it sucks.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By twi

It's been there since beta. Normally lasts under 5mins

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By monkeyking1969

Yeah, that can happen. I think in the twenty to thirty times I have booted into that game it has happend 2/10s of the time. I have never waited more than one minute on average. I think my longest wait was 2 minutes.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Huh, weird that I never saw it before, but thanks for clearing that up for me.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've had that a few times on PC. It seems totally random.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and I had some serious control latency last night as well, which I think was somehow related to network conditions. Why do I need to experience this kind of nonsense when I'm almost always playing the game by myself, in an isolated game world. At least stick some Demon's Souls-esque ghosts of other players running around to try to justify this sort of thing.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ye, the always-on DRM in this game really didn't need to be there. I've rarely experienced hit-confirmation latency but it's there in spots. It means the game will cease to function (and not live on in the archive of games) when those servers are taken offline and so remove the solo experience from being something in the continuing gaming canon.

I've started to notice a couple of queues recently (on PC, EU - only a minute or less waiting to join but still a minute longer than really I needed to "wait" to get into the game - let it connect while I play and I'd not have used the matchmaking until the queue was counted down, is this game had seamless offline play) so I'm wondering if they've scaled back from the launch servers due to less players actively dropping hours into the game a month later and before the DLC starts. Still having no issues finding matchmaking randos within seconds of starting a search so at it's not as if the game seems to be dead.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've eased up on my anti-always-on DRM stance, specifically for games with integrated PvP using acquired loot. The Souls games are a good example of modified client-side inventories making PvP a very occasional bummer. But I also agree that this game could have implemented an offline mode removing all online components and it would have satisfied a bunch of customers who couldn't care less about online interactions. Was that the game they wanted to make, though? Would that have ballooned or staggered bugfix times or the budget? I can understand the frustrations and dilemmas on both sides.

Just to report my own anecdotal experiences on PS4:

I almost always get placed in a queue at position 250-350 and start actually loading in within a minute of seeing that message. I'm in Denver, CO, if that makes a difference for queueing.

I also very frequently experience hit confirm lag against all opponents, AI and human. When using auto weapons, I've begun forcing myself to let up on the trigger a split second before I would finish off an enemy, knowing that in a half-second the kill shot will register and I'll see the XP popup. It really hasn't dampened my enjoyment of the gameplay, but isn't nearly as seamless as, for example, Destiny's shooting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.