Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Worth the full price of $60?

• 59 results
    TerrificTrevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

As someone who wasn't into shooters since, CS:Source and MW2, I have put 20hrs into Titanfall and loved every minute. I am prepared to put at least another 40 making it a $1/hr which is my sweet spots. If you have no desire to play a shooter than stay away, because as awesome as the Titans are, it is still a shooter!

roars5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes it is. I am normally not a COD multiplayer man but I've already sunk about 3 hours into the game and am enjoying it immensely.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By spyder335

I think it would benefit from a single player offline mode with bots even if there were no pilots just grunts and auto titans just so you can explore the maps.

That said the lack of a traditional campaign doesnt bother me I just finished the BF4 campaign and it was lack luster, maybe if the spent more time on multiplayer it wouldnt be so broken

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By BawlZINmotion

Money for content? Yeah, I would say it is worth it. Whether that content interests you or not is another story. It's hardly the first multiplayer only FPS. Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament (all of them) and Battlefield (prior to the Bad Company forward era) feature no campaign mode. You could play with bots offline though, which was fun for learning purposes.

That said I have 2 very large issues with Titanfall. It is online only, so no part of the game can be accessed without logging into the servers. The other is I don't find the gameplay to be nearly anything like what so many people coming out of E3 were gushing about. What's there is novelty at best. If you really like Call of Duty, you'll probably find a lot to like about Titanfall and the $60 entry fee.

There are better games to play if you're looking for an online shooter. Many will give more bang-for-buck, or can be found cheaper.

On a final note, I think this would have been a perfect candidate for a free-to-play platform.

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
    SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

It's call of duty pretending to be MechWarrior, so of course it isn't worth full price.

Just get a copy of MechWarrior 4.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The lack of proper team balancing system is a bummer, but otherwise totally worth it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NTM

Already got it and played through the first campaign and then a half of the other, I feel like I've almost seen everything I've needed to see. The game's fun, but if you're like myself and enjoy single player games more, the game's not worth 60 dollars. You just won't get as much replay value out of it. It's nice to upgrade and then get more equipment to make it feel at least somewhat fresh again, but that's not really saying much when it comes to getting the game. If multiplayer is your kind of thing, and you want to play Call of Duty on somewhat larger maps; more agile movements, and mechs, then this game is definitely worth it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Yes, probably. None of the maps really suck because of the amount of mobility and ease of access to all areas. So I don't see how extra map packs would be all that beneficial to its longevity. I've played for close to seven hours and I still haven't seen all the maps in the game.

I quite like the focused selection of upgrades and I'll see how I feel after unlocking everything. The only thing that that could become tiresome is the amount of modes. I have had the maximum amount of fun I could have gotten from a full priced game. (£33 on PC in UK)

golder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr_croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly I think it is. I'm sure lots of people will disagree Tho. When you think about it their is more value in a MP only game. You will play it alot more then just a SP game. You play an SP only game what once, maybe twice before it starts collecting dust ( although some games are rare cases like RE4). Titanfall is extremely fun and I consider it the halo 2 of the original Xbox.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.