Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Does completing the campaign have any benefits?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey duders, I just picked this game up this weekend since it was on sale. However, I was wondering if there was any reason to finish the multi-campaign because literally no one is playing. I think I sat in que for about 15 minutes before giving up and joined a regular multiplayer match with no issues. Is there any reason I should be focusing on the campaign or can I stick to regular multiplayer?

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@xanadu: You're required to beat the campaign with both factions in order to get access to the Stryker and Ogre chassis in your custom Titan loadouts.

Avatar image for darknessmyoldfriend
    DarknessMyOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@xanadu: You're required to beat the campaign with both factions in order to get access to the Stryker and Ogre chassis in your custom Titan loadouts.

"Yes", to be more succinct than @chumley_marchbanks

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's the only way to unlock the Stryder and Ogre titans for your custom loadouts.

I'm willing to bet they eventually just update Titanfall to allow you to skip campaign to unlock the two titans.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinny_says: I hope so because literally no one is playing campaign right now. I honestly couldn't care less though because I don't think the story stuff is that great and the multiplayer is a lot of fun just by itself.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It adds an enriching blanket of story over everything and turns what could have been a quick-to-stale shooter with mindless robots into a dynamic galaxy spanning space-opera that'll make you care about every member of your team and affect every decision you make. And bubble wrap everything in your house because so strongly will your heart strings be plucked that they'll resonate hard enough to shatter your entire reality.

It's days since I finished the campaign but every time I think of it I lose bladder control and no attempt to control the fire-hose of emotion below is possible because my fingers are trembling so much they may as well be made of spaghetti. Excuse me but I've got to try and regain my resolution, which is only 720p.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

Depends on your playstyle really. I don't really like how weak the Stryder is and it doesn't seem worth the loss of a dash bar with the Ogre. Eventually you'll get burn cards to try them all, so you'll know if you want the others. The default Atlas is awesome.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@xanadu said:

@vinny_says: I hope so because literally no one is playing campaign right now. I honestly couldn't care less though because I don't think the story stuff is that great and the multiplayer is a lot of fun just by itself.

It's sorta weird because the descriptions on the maps, even the ones not in the campaign (and upcoming DLC), make it sound like there could actually be a really cool single player story taking place in this universe.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: Jaysus. I just read it. It's a bit gushy, innit.

Ogre titan is the best played Eastenders style. Dash them into a wall, electric smoke, big punch. Get arrrrt of my pub! Your not my muvvvahhhhh!

Railgun is easy to get 10 kills in with Last Titan standing. Stay to the back of your group, maybe particle shield then pick off the semi-beaten. The instant railgun I like a lot more than the charged. And get that electric smoke back on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.