Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jun 08, 2009

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is the latest edition of the perennial golf series, brought to you by EA Sports and EA Tiburon. The Wii version can be played with the Motion Plus adapter, while the 360 and PS3 versions utilize analog sticks for club control.

Tiger Woods w/ Motion Plus: First Impressions

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By Claude

Motion Plus makes a big difference... I said it. The best example is the Disc Golf Mode. I played with and without the Motion Plus adapter and without the adapter, your

Your virtual hand likes Motion Plus in Disc Golf.
    virtual disc golf hand feels sluggish, but with Motion Plus... spot on. Is it true one to one? Pretty much from what I've played, but hey... who's counting milliseconds.

The Motion Plus adapter came in a box with Tiger Woods for me. I bought the bundle. It's already in the extended silicon glove, but I play without the "glove", so I took it out. I also play strapless... cheeky.

This is the best controlling most realistic video golf game I've ever played. You could play from a wheelchair, one handed or set up for your best real life on course swing and see your results come to fruition. You move with Motion Plus and your golfer moves, a challenge sure, but you still have options, modes, online... go for it.

Motion Plus works, fair enough... now let's see what everyone does with it.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Claude

Motion Plus makes a big difference... I said it. The best example is the Disc Golf Mode. I played with and without the Motion Plus adapter and without the adapter, your

virtual disc golf hand feels sluggish, but with Motion Plus... spot on. Is it true one to one? Pretty much from what I've played, but hey... who's counting milliseconds.

The Motion Plus adapter came in a box with Tiger Woods for me. I bought the bundle. It's already in the extended silicon glove, but I play without the "glove", so I took it out. I also play strapless... cheeky.

This is the best controlling most realistic video golf game I've ever played. You could play from a wheelchair, one handed or set up for your best real life on course swing and see your results come to fruition. You move with Motion Plus and your golfer moves, a challenge sure, but you still have options, modes, online... go for it.

Motion Plus works, fair enough... now let's see what everyone does with it.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

Nice! Glad to hear that it is living up to the hype....I did the dumb thing and bought mine from Amazon......5-8 days :(

Have fun!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

I hear the frisbee golf in WSR is even tigher than this so, sweet to know it's already cool in this :)

Btw it's not a sim is it? When it comes to the normal golf. You don't set up your swing as normal, it just detects how far back you pulled to set the swing strength, and what angle you did the swing at, no? Like, you can actually lock the angle so it doesn't mess up during the swing? So, not quite as realistic as some people may want, but if it was actually detecting the whole swing then most people probably wouldn't hit the ball.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xandurson

I'm glad it works as much as they said it would. I was worried it would turn out to not work very well. I still don't think I'm gonna buy a Wii, but hey I said I'd never buy a PS3 and now look what I'm saving up for.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrPerfect

Sounds awesome, I might pick me up a copy of it sooner than I expected. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I hear the frisbee golf in WSR is even tigher than this so, sweet to know it's already cool in this :)Btw it's not a sim is it? When it comes to the normal golf. You don't set up your swing as normal, it just detects how far back you pulled to set the swing strength, and what angle you did the swing at, no? Like, you can actually lock the angle so it doesn't mess up during the swing? So, not quite as realistic as some people may want, but if it was actually detecting the whole swing then most people probably wouldn't hit the ball. "
    To a degree it locks it on I guess. I don't really know what you mean but I do know that if you turn your wrist as you hit the ball it will either give the ball draw or fade depending on which direction you twist. So there are some depth to the mechanics.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I hear the frisbee golf in WSR is even tigher than this so, sweet to know it's already cool in this :)Btw it's not a sim is it? When it comes to the normal golf. You don't set up your swing as normal, it just detects how far back you pulled to set the swing strength, and what angle you did the swing at, no? Like, you can actually lock the angle so it doesn't mess up during the swing? So, not quite as realistic as some people may want, but if it was actually detecting the whole swing then most people probably wouldn't hit the ball. "
    I sure the hell hope not. Sucking at Tiger Woods is not acceptable. If I play this like I play real golf.....I don't even want to fucking think how pathetic that would be!
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Claude
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I hear the frisbee golf in WSR is even tigher than this so, sweet :) "
    I read the same thing, but this version is a lot of fun. I've played two eighteen hole rounds in Disc Golf and had a blast... "With Motion Plus". Disc Golf seems more suited for 2 to 4 players and it's not available online... bummer.  I've already pre-ordered Wii Sports Resort and will get my second Motion Plus adapter for my second Wii remote... pretty sweet deals and cheap. Games are fun.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ
    @Al3xand3r said:
    Now they just need to make more non-sports games using the thing. 
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Dalai

I'm happy to see that MotionPlus is living up to expectations.  I can't wait to see what Nintendo can do with Wii Sports Resort.

And I guess I should say goodbye to Claude since he doesn't need us now that he has Tiger Woods and his online tourneys.  God speed, Claude.  God speed.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

The problem is for me with tiger woods....it's golf.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By RedSox8933

I was going to get the 360 version, but you have convinced me otherwise, Claude. I'll definitely get the bundle.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'll wait for WSR, I'm not much of a golf fan, but good to see it's everything ppl hoped for anyway :)

I'll probably play the shit out of (disc) golf in WSR (just 1 course, no online, etc) probably but it's different, the game has other stuff too :P

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Claude
    @Al3xand3r:

You have different difficulties. "All-Play mode", "Standard mode" This is the simultaneous online ranked matches mode. "Advanced mode".

But yes, it only tracts your backswing length and takes into effect where your remote started and finished, plus your speed.

I like math and golf games are all about percentages... I like those too.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Claude
    @Dalai said:
    " I'm happy to see that MotionPlus is living up to expectations.  I can't wait to see what Nintendo can do with Wii Sports Resort.And I guess I should say goodbye to Claude since he doesn't need us now that he has Tiger Woods and his online tourneys.  God speed, Claude.  God speed. "
    I love them and leave them... that's what I do. The grass is greener on this side now.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Endogene

I'll see you online once that game releases over here.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive

its not 1:1

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Meowayne

If it was 1:1, players wouldn't even hit the ball in 90% of cases.

You will probably never see true 1:1 sports games on any console, even if it is possible. You could certainly bind the golf club 1:1 to a Wiimote+, but that would only illustrate the gamer's inability to play. : )

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Claude
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " its not 1:1 "
    I'm having to do more to get a 100% swing by bringing the club "Wii Remote" back over my head, much like in real golf. I've played around with it and it's spot on with what I'm doing. I pull the club back half-way, it pulls the club back half-way in real time. But your virtual golfer's swing is on a plain, so you can't just stand there and wave the club around.

Disc Golf on the other hand is 1:1 or feels that way to me. You pick up the disc by pointing at it and pulling the "B" trigger button. You than can just move the hand and disc around. It's a simple game, but I've already played three 18 hole matches just because it feels so tight and responsive.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zityz

Yea I got a copy of Tiger Woods 10 and I have to say that damn tiny add on works hella good! It makes golf fun and challanging all in the same go. So I can suck at golf in the virtual world AND in real life at the same time now! HURRAY!

I agree though, It will be wierd to see what companies do with it because aside from sports games? and a sword fighting game here or there? what can ya do with it?

Personally. Id like for bethesda to make some elder scroll game for it using the first person mode with your sword the nunckuck as your shield and if you use the bow and arrow...well thats coverd as well so.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Linkyshinks

Great to hear. On a scale of 1-10, how well would you say Tiger 10 uses the device?.

Do you already see room for improvement?

-( that will naturally come with more time and experience developers have with it, and from feedback this game will deliver.)

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Hairydutchman

I'm not really a golf fan, but I'm totally buying this. Sounds awesome.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Meowayne
    @zityz said:
    what can ya do with it?
    Have you played games like De Blob or Zack&Wiki? Madworld? :>
    Another Code on the DS? Wario Land: Shake It? Trauma Center? Metroid Prime? Wii Music perhaps?

The console's library as explored gesture implementation in many genres, and many times successfully. It was just very limited (and, sadly, often faulty) because with the Wiimote+nunchuck devs could only use tilt, quick jabs, waggle + the IR functions. I hope MotionPlus becomes "standard" enough to see another generation of these games. A second De Blob was unofficially confirmed. A second Zack&Wiki with MotionPlus and I personally marry whatever Capcom exec would be responsible for it. : )

Also, I know it's totally not chic to say such a thing, but my mind jumps with excitement at the thought of a new Rabbids-Partygame that utilizes MotionPlus. "TV Party" is among the games to
    most successfully and most originally implement the Wiimote-Functions, and they have been very creative in the microgames they created. With MotionPlus, a new Rabbids or Mario Party should be hilariously awesome.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By Tireyo

I can just imagine what the Legend of Zelda would be like with the Wii Motion Plus.  I hope they make it good, because I don't think link will have his sword in the next game.

The Wii Motion Plus definitely makes a difference and will change how we play games. :)

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Claude
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Great to hear. On a scale of 1-10, how well would you say Tiger 10 uses the device?. Do you already see room for improvement? -( that will naturally come with more time and experience developers have with it, and from feedback this game will deliver.) "
    I would say about an 8. It really is spot on, and it's a much more challenging game than last years version.

I think the improvement could come from tighter animation when using the new device. For example, when you turn the Wii remote to open or close the club face, you see how much you're opening or closing the club face in a small circle to the right of the screen. Your virtual golfer's club remains the same, but you still hit a fade and draw according to how much you twist. They could add animation to the virtual golfer, so you can see the club face open and close. Little things like that, but as you said... with more time.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Endogene
    @Meowayne said:
    )Also, I know it's totally not chic to say such a thing, but my mind jumps with excitement at the thought of a new Rabbids-Partygame that utilizes MotionPlus. "TV Party" is among the games tomost successfully and most originally implement the Wiimote-Functions, and they have been very creative in the microgames they created. With MotionPlus, a new Rabbids or Mario Party should be hilariously awesome. "
    Oh my... i never even thought about that. That could be a phenomenal game.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Meowayne

Of course, that would mean four motionplus units necessary. Ubi is probably looking very closely at sales figures.

MotionPlus should also be a good indicator of the amount of Wii piracy that is happening. I wonder by how much the units of MP sold is going to surpass the number of MP games sold. : ]

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#28  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Sounds great!  I preordered a copy on the Wii for my dad and am hoping to pick up a copy on the 360 for myself in the near future.  I've got 09 on the Wii, and will probably alternate years on the Wii and 360.  The Motion Control sounds like a riot!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By mikemcn

Disc Golf? What???? Now i want this!

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#30  Edited By Ferginator4k

wow im shocked that wii motion plus is actually proving itself!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Claude said:
    "
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Great to hear. On a scale of 1-10, how well would you say Tiger 10 uses the device?. Do you already see room for improvement? -( that will naturally come with more time and experience developers have with it, and from feedback this game will deliver.) "
    I would say about an 8. It really is spot on, and it's a much more challenging game than last years version.I think the improvement could come from tighter animation when using the new device. For example, when you turn the Wii remote to open or close the club face, you see how much you're opening or closing the club face in a small circle to the right of the screen. Your virtual golfer's club remains the same, but you still hit a fade and draw according to how much you twist. They could add animation to the virtual golfer, so you can see the club face open and close. Little things like that, but as you said... with more time. "

I see what you mean... I have not seen everything at work closely, but I can imagine a combination of both minute animation and the circular meter being used to good effect.

Wii Motion Plus ftw

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Al3xand3r

Seeing vids like that makes me wish Capcom would make a golf game. They'd sure know how to celebrate a "hole in one" better than this "realistic" approach with mundane replays, minimal sounds and no music... Sure it's realistic and good for actual fans of golf like this but... If the game played the same, yet celebrated your crowning achievements like this one with fireworks, drums, colorful flashes, and other such "SUPER K.O." style shenanigans, would they enjoy it less? Maybe it's just me, as a non-fan of the sport... Game looks great anyway :)

pandemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pandemic

It's exciting to see how much more accurate the wiimote becomes because of this add on, but at the same time it's a little frustrating.  Why wasn't this technology built into the controller at launch?  Surely this isn't some new innovation that didn't exist two years ago.

Ultimately it's probably just Nintendo looking for a way to make money.  Then again, I'm being pretty cynical here; I'm glad to see that the wiimote has become the accuracy powerhouse it is today (thanks to motionplus).

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Al3xand3r

Actually, it didn't. Not small and affordable enough to be used in this way at least. This wasn't even Nintendo's invention, a third party approached them and they were happy to oblige and licence their technology and then evolve it into the current motion plus. Buy invensense stock.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Claude
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Seeing vids like that makes me wish Capcom would make a golf game. They'd sure know how to celebrate a "hole in one" better than this "realistic" approach with mundane replays, minimal sounds and no music... Sure it's realistic and good for actual fans of golf like this but... If the game played the same, yet celebrated your crowning achievements like this one with fireworks, drums, colorful flashes, and other such "SUPER K.O." style shenanigans, would they enjoy it less? Maybe it's just me, as a non-fan of the sport... Game looks great anyway :) "
    I'm a big fan of Super Swing Golf too. It's made by Tecmo, and I hope they make a third game in the series for the Wii using Motion Plus. It's got more of what you're talking about, fire works, cool music, plus it's called Pangya not golf.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By giyanks22

glad to hear it... it looks pretty awesome.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#37  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Hey Claude, if you get some time, would you let me know what golfers are included in 10?  Thanks!

JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By JJ

What sold me on TW 10 was the Disc Golf and the bundling of WiiMotion Plus. So when I get Wii Sports Resort I'll have to WiiMotion Plus add-ons.
    I felt burned by the first TW for the Wii. Now I enjoy a golf game on the Wii.

Just like Wii Sports bowling... I feel no compulsion to go to the golf course to play in real life now.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vhold

The disc golf definitely shows off the Wii motion plus more than the regular golfing part, like many others have already said.  I just wanted to back that up.  What is still unnatural is that you can attempt to throw it lightly, but accidentally flick it too much and get a full strength throw, it doesn't feel realistic at all when that happens, it's just the inability of the accelerometers to tell force apart from rotation.  You'll see what I mean...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.