Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 16, 2012

A rhythm combat game based off the the entire Final Fantasy franchise.

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Details Emerge, Fail to Justify Wholesale Butchering of the English Language

• 75 results
    geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By geirr

All in all, looks more fun than FF10-14.

Erotolepsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Erotolepsy

So, what, does Sun Ra do Squeenix's press releases now?
    ARTB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By ARTB

Cannot wait to check out this game. Yes I still love Final Fantasy which puts me in a large minority but I am always excited to see developers try something new and different.

bigdc666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By bigdc666

About 15 years ago the name "Final Fantasy" triggered so much positive emotion for me. The anticipation, the months of reading preview after preview Playing through the entire series over and over. This truly was the greatest franchise in my gaming history. Now "final fantasy" Conjures other emotions.

My first thought when final fantasy XIII was released? Not the anticipation of old, or waiting all night long outside to get a copy as soon as the game store opened it was "that'll be the fastest numbered Final Fantasy game to hit twenty dollars." Seeing any game with the Final Fantasy name attached to it makes me sick.

cowdrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By cowdrunk

Wow it's kinda like I never want to buy another SquareEnix game again

makes me sad I used to realy like both Square and Enix :(

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By Kontrapunkt

I wanted to see dancing chocobo's  :(

I guess attacking to rhythm Lightning and Cloud will do? 

At least the soundtrack will rock!

abara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By abara

The screen with the directional path definitely makes me think of Gitaroo Man

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SaFt
    @Sil3n7 said:

@august said:

You can always tell if Alex wrote a headline.

That's exactly what I thought ha!

Same here!
    Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Dixavd

Can someone tell me if the song featured from Final Fantasy X is "to Zanarkand" or the theme of zanarkand "A Fleeting Dream" because as far as I know there is no song called "At Zanarkand"? I love Final Fantasy X (It is not only my favourite Final Fantasy game but also my favourite game of all time) so the knowledge on which song it is would be much appreciated. 
    I also feel that sicne they will likely haveat leats one character from each game even though it makes sense to bring Tidus from X Yuna would fit a musical-based game much better - I mean one of the main parts about her is her dancing to send the dead so that would make sense in a music miini-game-esque game.

Kirbichu54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Kirbichu54

In case people don't know, that art style is from a thing associated with Kingdom Hearts: Coded.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61  Edited By Levio

Why can't the forces of chaos ever be the good guys? I mean come on, chaos is a lot more fun than just law & order all the time...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#62  Edited By Hailinel

@Levio said:

Why can't the forces of chaos ever be the good guys? I mean come on, chaos is a lot more fun than just law & order all the time...

Chaos is the final boss of Final Fantasy.

Avatar image for deactivated-637c9f11743a7
    deactivated-637c9f11743a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This story makes perfect Dissidia sense.  Which is to SAY that it makes perfect fanfiction sense. 

I'm such a FF fanboy that I don't care anyway. I'm a go write some Cosmos/Aerith yuri stories using words learned in biology class to describe steamy scenes.  

Lol, joking (or am I?) aside I am way into FF and don't mind their clever portmanteau (read:disgusting linguistic ravaging)

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By Devoid

Oh, THAT'S what those character icons in Dissidia 012 were for.

vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By vinsanityv22

Y'know how the director of FFXIII-2 says that he and his team have actually tried to listen to feedback on Final Fantasy XIII? Square-Enix; if you're listening now, I BEG you: PLEASE stop letting Japanese people with no grasp of English create the names for your video games. Either name them in your native Japanese, or let Eidos (Square Europe?) handle the naming. I mean c'mon:

-Dissidia
    -Crisis Core
    -358/2 Days
    -Birth By Sleep
    -3rd Birthday
    -Dream Drop Distance
    -Theatrhythm
    -Type-0

I mean c'mon: Final Fantasy TYPO!?! Not to mention, the sh*t in games like FFXIII such as l'cie or fal'cie. Jesus christ, your dumbsh*t is out of control You've crossed the line into "really godd*mn obnoxious" about 4 years ago, but no one dares call out the crazy nonsense bullsh*t of Tetsuya Nomura!

If you take anything away from fan feedback, please listen to everyone whose telling you your game names are all stupid. Really, really stupid. Unbelievably stupid. You'd have to be some sort of delusional, crazed otaku to support this kind of mad behavior.

The worst part is, this is coming from Jupiter (The World Ends with You) so it'll probably be quite good. And honestly, Elite Beat Agents + Final Fantasy is probably a winning formula, especially for a spinoff game. But it's so hard to actually bring out any non-negative feelings whenever I'm confronted with such a stupid name, or that absolutely retarded "premise" they whipped up to justify this thing. It's like if Nintendo wrote an epic plot to explain the Mario Party series away. It's beyond stupid; it's honestly a bit of a cry for help. That someone at Square actually THOUGHT that up, got paid to do this (not a great use of money...but not surprising from the company that lost $150 million last year), or that someone thought they needed it in the first place. Psycho.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Addfwyn

The game actually looks interesting to me, the music is one of the best parts of FF, the art is cute, and it has the Dissidia cast of FF characters thing going for it. It's not like this is taking away from the Versus team's development or anything. I'll probably be picking it up, but I'm not really into the anti-FF bandwagon that seems so popular lately. I like my FF, I like my rhythm games, sounds like a win to me.

And really, who cares about the name that much. It's a name. I'd play a game called Final Poop Frontier if the game was really good. Assuming that game hasn't been made already

@vinsanityv22: Not sure why the names bother you that much, it's just the name. 358/2 Days was pretty awkward, but the rest of those don't even seem that bad to me. Maybe it's a nuance of English I'm missing? I speak Japanese on a day to day basis, so maybe it's rubbed off on me, but is there some double offensive meaning for some of these titles or something?

TheKreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheKreep
    @august: By the involuntary smile :)
    TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheWesman

I want to increase Rizpo. 

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By Faint

And so SquareEnix continues to sink into a deeper hole, cutting the throat of their past great titles that captured alchemical and artistic visions for those of us looking for a different sort of adventure. A greater sort. SquareEnix never made the jump to this gen of games. Sad. Very, very sad.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By RVonE

The 'story' sounds like something that came from Gary's mind for turntable.fm.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#71  Edited By Hailinel

@Faint said:

And so SquareEnix continues to sink into a deeper hole, cutting the throat of their past great titles that captured alchemical and artistic visions for those of us looking for a different sort of adventure. A greater sort. SquareEnix never made the jump to this gen of games. Sad. Very, very sad.

What.

Dude, it's a rhythm game featuring Final Fantasy characters and tropes. Nothing more. What do you want?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By veektarius
    @Seraphim84:  That works much better than my more literal reading.
    knightlyknave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By knightlyknave

I'd say "Oh no, they're going to drag the FF name through the mud" but, you know. . . it can't get any more soiled, so go ahead.

Capella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#74  Edited By Capella

First 3DS game announced that makes me want one of those things, honestly. I don't give a damn about the Final Fantasy brand name one way or another, but I have long desired to play a rhythm RPG and this could be it.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By Nomin

I'd rather have Teatrhythm, of bouncing boobs. 

HeavyDuty32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By HeavyDuty32

While I assumed this was absurdly stupid, that second picture made me start thinking of Gitaroo Man, which unfortunately is making me actually think this game could be not completely worthless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.