Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

The Legend of Zelda Maker!

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

What if Nintendo released a quest/dungeon/shrine editor based on Breath Of The Wild (and maybe the older 2D games?) with the same kinda mechanics like in Mario Maker? I think it would be awesome if players could make their own story lines and campaigns in that awesome world and being able to use all the resources it offers. A similar sharing and rating system as in Mario Maker would be in order... basically, make your own game in the BotW sandbox. Yay or nay?

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seems like it would be tedious to craft levels. The beauty of mario maker was how simple and straightforward it was.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: I dunno, putting together quest pieces like go here, talk to X, kill Y, and so on seems very easy. It would be all about storytelling, not level design.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: I dunno, putting together quest pieces like go here, talk to X, kill Y, and so on seems very easy. It would be all about storytelling, not level design.

Wouldn't really be a Zelda game at all then. Those games are about the dungeons, and how the abilities and tools work together to solve puzzles. A story in Zelda has never been good, and the ones joe and harry off the street came up with probably wouldn't be any better

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackheronblue said:

Wouldn't really be a Zelda game at all then. Those games are about the dungeons, and how the abilities and tools work together to solve puzzles. A story in Zelda has never been good, and the ones joe and harry off the street came up with probably wouldn't be any better

Same could be said about puzzle Mario levels like Dan makes, but the player community proves it wrong so hard. Mario was never about that kinda stuff, yet it works flawlessly. I don't see why a Zelda game can't be just like that with player-written quests. It wasn't an RPG, but that doesn't mean it can't be, especially when BotW takes this direction and the next game will probably be a full-on RPG. I really hope it is. All I'm saying is that it would be awesome if we could do something more with this amazing world.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackheronblue: Really don't think you're getting what I'm saying. Easier just to agree to disagree

David

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By David
    BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.