Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Complete Ending Question (NO SPOILERS PLEASE!)

Avatar image for audreyedtodeath
    AudreyedToDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AudreyedToDeath

So I recently got to the end of the memories quest and with all the "main quests" completed, I was hoping to get a real ending.

Long story short I'm back in Hyrule and my completion percentage is about 1/3. That means I'd have to do way more than find the remaining shrines (I'm at 104) to be at 100%… do I really need to do all the bug hunt style side quests in order to get the real ending? If so, I now feel slightly less non-plussed about PUBG getting game of the year :P

Thanks in advance for your SPOILER FREE INSIGHT!

(Mods, feel free to lock and delete this thread if this question has been answered elsewhere, but please provide the link. I neglected to search the forum because I didn't want to stumble upon a spoiler by accident.)

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The only thing you need to do to get the full ending is complete all of the memories. Once you get all the memories, you HAVE to complete it by returning to the village elder (it's been too long to remember her name) after seeing all of the scenes. Once that quest is fully done, then you can beat Ganon to get the ending.

The Koroks seeds have nothing to do with the ending.

AudreyedToDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I got all the memories, literally the only main quest left on my board is defeat Ganon.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

Huh, this is the first time I've actually heard about a 'real' ending. I didn't know you get a true ending if you do all the memories. I did all the shrines (which was kind of a waste of time in hindsight), but when it came to the memories I just didn't care enough to search those out. Also, I really didn't like the ending of the game compared to past Zelda's. I read that all you have to do is find the memories, find the master sword, and then beat all the divine beasts. I'm going to go check out the other ending on YouTube, ha ha.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are different endings? what the fuck?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

@frostyryan: Just one, and not worth it. Just watched it. It's just a small extension of the basic one.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@audreyedtodeath said:

But I got all the memories, literally the only main quest left on my board is defeat Ganon.

As long as you've done all the memory quests you'll get the true ending when you defeat Ganon. The Korok seeds and shrines have nothing to do with it, and the completion percentage is pretty misleading and poorly implemented. The Korok seeds are weighted way too highly, you could do all the real content in the game but ignore the Korok seeds and you'd have under 50% completion. The completion percentage is basically worthless.

AudreyedToDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: okay so it's good to know that that 33% basically refers to korok seeds, but literally I completed every other main quest.

Divine Beasts ✔️

Master Sword ✔️

Memories ✔️

Dragon shrines ✔️

And I still got the lecture from Zelda before the final bit of the fight about not being fully prepared or whatever.

According to the shrine quest panel I've got 32/42 so literally 10 of the 14 shrines I haven't found yet have a quest associated with them.

Now, one quest I didn't complete was Impa's shrine quest. Because as obvious as it is that I am Link the hero of 100 years ago, her niece won't give me the ball. If that's what I'm missing that will be dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.