Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us Part II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 19, 2020

Ellie and Joel are back in The Last of Us Part II, which takes place five years after the events of the first game.

New Last of Us II Trailer + Release Date

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

February 21st, 2020.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mellotronrules

this is my most anticipated release. i'm glad they showed off some infected- i really enjoyed playing this game on higher difficulties and negotiating their various behaviours.

now to solve my primary conundrum- do i cave and FINALLY buy a ps4 so i can enjoy this thing at launch? or do i enter an isolation tank for 7ish months and wait for the inevitable ps5 edition.

edit: i also wonder if our boy bradley attended the preview event.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoOzak

Sure, i'll play more Last of Us but that was a pretty weak trailer. So what, this is a revenge game and Joel will act as some sort of broken moral compass? People criticised that e3 trailer from a few years ago with the cult but that was a much more interesting trailer than this to me. Hopefully theres more going on.

EDIT: It was the Paris Games week trailer I was talking about, not e3.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think this game is shaping up nicely.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brackstone

Looks great, but I'm a little iffy on how the plot is shaping up.

I still don't think we needed to revisit these characters, they felt complete after the first game. The trailer seems to imply that it's going to be basically a revenge tale, which can be fine, but I'm just not sure about mapping that onto Ellie. There's potential to do it well, but I think it's an uphill battle. Sometimes those uphill battles work out though (Red Dead 2 being a prequel was one that succeeded).

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By baka_shinji17

Calling it now, a clicker-giraffe is the final boss.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

Awesome. The Last of Us is arguably one of my favorite games. I love the world, characters, and story as well as even gameplay (which it seems many people think is the weakest part of the game). I also love that it's partly taking place in my home state. The only issue I guess is that Yakuza 5 comes out the same time and I'm currently playing and enjoying the Yakuza games, and when this game comes out, I probably won't be playing anything else for a while.

It seems the 'I hope Joel isn't dead' worry from some people isn't the case. It seems kind of traditional in that at some point down the storyline he'll catch up to you unless there are some twists. I could be wrong and there's more to it, but the setup seems pretty clear now: girlfriend gets killed, Ellie wants revenge? The Last of Us 1 is the only game to have been on my console since it's release (be it PS4 and probably PS3) because I still play it every so often.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mellotronrules: Judging by the Bombcast, Brad is indeed fighting Clickers and probably has an Unfinished video to show on thursday.

This continues to look good. I’m sure I could’ve gone for a story with different characters, but I’ll take it. Graphics-wise, I can already hear my PS4 Pro lifting off.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm wondering if the part at the end with Joel actually takes place before the winter setting.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

That combat looks absolutely brutal.

Ellie is gonna cut down an entire army in her quest of righteous vengeance, slowly losing more and more of her humanity. Then Joel's gonna tell her she doesn't have to end up like this.

At least one bad guy will give a speech about how when you think about it, Ellie is really just as bad as the bad guys.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Joel will be the final boss.

Looks great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.